4. Saints
5. Panthers
6. Patriots
7. BENGALS
8. Bears
9. Packers
10. Ravens

Discuss......

I think we’d beat the Patriots, but I don’t think we are better than the Bears.

The Packers actually have some talent on defense, it’s being underestimated. I worry they are better too.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 09:36 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: 1. Rams
2. Chiefs
3. Jags
4. Saints
5. Panthers
6. Patriots
7. BENGALS
8. Bears
9. Packers
10. Ravens

Discuss......

Saints overrated...no defense.  Bears underrated, good defense.

Bengals...just about right.  If they can improve defense, they will be top 5 or higher.  Honestly, I like where we are at right now.  The Chiefs started out last year 5=0 also.  The Patriots will be a lot tougher with Edelman back and Josh Gordon (that just doesn't seem fair) taking the top off opposing defenses.  

For all those people questioning Ross's contributions to this offense, Gordon was only targeted twice but he forced teams to defend deep with safety help which opened up other options.  

The Jag's are a great defense, but still a dismal offense without Fournette. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 10:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Saints overrated...no defense.  Bears underrated, good defense.

Bengals...just about right.  If they can improve defense, they will be top 5 or higher.  Honestly, I like where we are at right now.  The Chiefs started out last year 5=0 also.  The Patriots will be a lot tougher with Edelman back and Josh Gordon (that just doesn't seem fair) taking the top off opposing defenses.  

For all those people questioning Ross's contributions to this offense, Gordon was only targeted twice but he forced teams to defend deep with safety help which opened up other options.  

The Jag's are a great defense, but still a dismal offense without Fournette. 

Jags offense looks like its more dynamic without Fournette. He's not a great pass catcher, and they become a very run heavy offense when he's in. When they use Grant and Yeldon, like they did against the Pats, their playbook opens up a lot more.
Reply/Quote
The best one I read had us at 8, and said if the team can keep it up, Marvin would likely sign another 15 year extension. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It takes 6 weeks to really get a good feel and 8 to have much confidence. I've seen rankings that have the Dolphins still at 5 and us at 14.

I think the Chiefs are going to come back to earth before it's over, not that they aren't a good team. I don't have a lot of faith in the Panthers. The Patriots have more losses ahead not that they won't still be there at the end.

The Ravens ? Good Defense but you know their O is really sporadic. The next 3 or 4 weeks will put it into better perspective.
Reply/Quote
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

KC is last in defense yet are undefeated. What a year so far it's been
Reply/Quote
One power ranking list has Balt rated right in front of us. Was like ..... Uhm do they not know who the loss was from?
Reply/Quote
If we had any kind of a defense, we'd be a real *****.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 11:18 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It takes 6 weeks to really get a good feel and 8 to have much confidence. I've seen rankings that have the Dolphins still at 5 and us at 14.

I think the Chiefs are going to come back to earth before it's over, not that they aren't a good team. I don't have a lot of faith in the Panthers. The Patriots have more losses ahead not that they won't still be there at the end.

The Ravens ? Good Defense but you know their O is really sporadic. The next 3 or 4 weeks will put it into better perspective.

panthers have an identity that will keep them in most games. they are nightmare at home see week 3.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 03:19 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: panthers have an identity that will keep them in most games. they are nightmare at home see week 3.

what would be our rank if AJ dropped the pass?

Our defense has been awful and got particularly blitzed in the Panthers game.

I am very happy about season so far but I think 12-15 is a better range until we see what happens in the next two weeks.

Beat the Fins and the Steelers and then I can see us being ranked in top 10 or higher. Not before.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals are a top 10 team right now. They've been without Burfict so far. Brown has been banged up. Mixon has missed a couple of games. Ross is still severely underperforming. The OLine is improved, but not very good. Price is injured. The defense has played poorly. The list goes on and on. Like good teams, they're overcoming the adversity and finding ways to win.

As the season goes on and players return healthy, the OLine hopefully gels, and the defense improves, this team could be hitting their stride at the right time. I'm impressed to be 3-1 with all of the shit they've had happen.
Reply/Quote
I've always wondered what criteria is used if any to determine power rankings.. My gut reaction is its usually some schmuck in the newsroom who usually does the ladies auxiliary reporting, but happens to be a football fan.  "Hey! Get that ladies auxiliary guy to make up some kind of power rankings.. "I HAVE MAKEUP TO PUT ON FOR THE NEWS!""
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 09:36 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: 1. Rams
2. Chiefs
3. Jags
4. Saints
5. Panthers
6. Patriots
7. BENGALS
8. Bears
9. Packers
10. Ravens

Discuss......

About right, our Defense needs to improve but we are better on D than the Saints and they almost lost to the Browns
in New Orleans. Pretty amazing we are 3-1 with all that has happened with Price and Mixon both out and the way our
D needs to get much stouter. We are in a good spot and should just get better.
Reply/Quote