Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 7th in new power rankings
I'm going to hijack this thread and post a couple more.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/09/15/nfl-rankings-seahawks-ravens-colts-drop-after-season-opening-losses/

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2015/week/2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Meh, I like the power rankings write-ups. They are interesting and I don't think anyone is really too concerned about it unless they are the types that assume everything put on the internet is done so in a 100% black and white, this is the end-all-be-all list, sense.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 03:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I like the power rankings write-ups. They are interesting and I don't think anyone is really too concerned about it unless they are the types that assume everything put on the internet is done so in a 100% black and white, this is the end-all-be-all list, sense.

Not possible there is a bunch of different power rankings lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 04:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not possible there is a bunch of different power rankings lol.

I'm sure they are all reasonably similar.  Show me one where the Redskins are in the top 10 and the Packers are anywhere but the top 5 and I'll believe they mean nothing! 
Reply/Quote
Yay Bengals and yay for my first post!  

I can't wait to add more intelligent posts like this to my resume on the boards here.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 11:54 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: They don't get excited about Cincy winning in the regular season but still slob over Peyton's knob when he does.

**** you NFL.com.

LOL. You mean Mr. Endorsement contract? I swear every other commercial on Sundays has Peyton Manning in it. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 04:47 PM)Guy Incognito Wrote: Yay Bengals and yay for my first post!  

I can't wait to add more intelligent posts like this to my resume on the boards here.

Welcome to the forums!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
A couple more showing Bengals love

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/25302767/nfl-power-rankings-can-top-ranked-pack-finally-sack-seahawks-at-home

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pat-kirwan/25302864/nfl-power-rankings-bills-and-chiefs-on-the-rise-colts-take-a-plunge

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 03:39 AM)magikod Wrote: Welcome to the forums!

Thanks!  I've been a lurker for a bit of time, figured I might as well come out of the dark.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 10:53 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I think it's a backhanded compliment in a way.

People are always saying that we're just expected to win in the regular season now and it's not a big deal, but the way they point it out it's almost as if they're still taking a little shot at our postseason mishaps.

That's completely warranted though IMO, until we win a playoff game we're going to be rightfully hearing about it. The only thing I disagree with is whenever the media blasts us for something in the regular season and uses our past playoff performances to do so, as if they have any sort of correlation to one another.

Spot on.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 11:10 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Until the team has success in the post season, this is how it will be.  Hopefully this is the year that changes.

When have the Cheifs, Cardinals, or Bills had postseason success?

I laugh at these rankings, but it seems our team does do better when underrated. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2015, 06:44 PM)Guy Incognito Wrote: Thanks!  I've been a lurker for a bit of time, figured I might as well come out of the dark.

But, the more you post, the more your name becomes meaningless. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 04:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sure they are all reasonably similar.  Show me one where the Redskins are in the top 10 and the Packers are anywhere but the top 5 and I'll believe they mean nothing! 

well im sure there out there as every fan can make a power ranking lol
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 08:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: When have the Cheifs, Cardinals, or Bills had postseason success?

I laugh at these rankings, but it seems our team does do better when underrated. 

Last time the Bills won a playoff game was in 1995. Only a few years after us. The chiefs last playoff win was in 1993. Again only a few years after us. The Cards was 2009 in an OT win against the Packers.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 08:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I laugh at these rankings, but it seems our team does do better when underrated. 

Are we really underrated?  Being ranked 7th after beating the Raiders without their starting QB for most of the game seems pretty logical.  The Bengals looked great but it's not like beating the Raiders is the standard by which great teams are judged.  When we beat the Chargers and Ravens and all 6 teams ahead of us have maybe dropped a game we will see ourselves rise in the rankings.
Reply/Quote
7th is an insult if you look at the balance we have offensively and what we're capable of on defense. If you took the same roster the Bengals have but put Patriots, Seahawks, Cowboys, Packers or a few others on the jersey, it would be top 3.

I get it, until the Bengals do something in the post-season, nobody is ever going to declare them favorites to win anything. However, I can't say there are many situations I would trade ours for right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 03:17 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: 7th is an insult if you look at the balance we have offensively and what we're capable of on defense.  If you took the same roster the Bengals have but put Patriots, Seahawks, Cowboys, Packers or a few others on the jersey, it would be top 3.

I get it, until the Bengals do something in the post-season, nobody is ever going to declare them favorites to win anything.  However, I can't say there are many situations I would trade ours for right now.

We are ranked 7th and all we did so far was beat the Raiders.  Mellow out.  WHEN we beat the Chargers and the Ravens THEN we can complain if we aren't top 5.

Let's see, who is ahead of us and what might change...

1. Packers - if they beat the Seahawks this week they'll still be #1 with a bullet
2. Patriots - play the Bills this week, so one of them should take a loss and a hit in the rankings
3. Seahawks - should be 0-2 soon and therefore below us
4. Chiefs - if they hold ground against the Broncos tonight it will be hard to see them outside of the top 3 for now
5. Cardinals - if they beat the Bears on the road they could have a victory similar to ours in Oakland
6. Bills - a bit of an overreaction, will either lose to the Pats and fall to earth OR beat the Pats and be hurled into the hype machine full force.  The Bengals can't compete with that.
7. Bengals - should beat the Chargers at home and therefore have 2 convincing, yet expected wins
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 03:17 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: 7th is an insult if you look at the balance we have offensively and what we're capable of on defense.  If you took the same roster the Bengals have but put Patriots, Seahawks, Cowboys, Packers or a few others on the jersey, it would be top 3.

I get it, until the Bengals do something in the post-season, nobody is ever going to declare them favorites to win anything.  However, I can't say there are many situations I would trade ours for right now.

Cowboys I can agree with.  The Seahawks and Patriots played in the Super Bowl last year, the Packers have Aaron Rodgers, so they get the benefit of the doubt.  Being ranked number seven is not an insult by any means.  Beat San Diego this week, and they will creep into the top five.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 10:53 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I think it's a backhanded compliment in a way.

People are always saying that we're just expected to win in the regular season now and it's not a big deal, but the way they point it out it's almost as if they're still taking a little shot at our postseason mishaps.

That's completely warranted though IMO, until we win a playoff game we're going to be rightfully hearing about it. The only thing I disagree with is whenever the media blasts us for something in the regular season and uses our past playoff performances to do so, as if they have any sort of correlation to one another.

This year is the year.  
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 04:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sure they are all reasonably similar.  Show me one where the Redskins are in the top 10 and the Packers are anywhere but the top 5 and I'll believe they mean nothing! 

Jason's Power Index:

1 Bengals
2 Redskins
3 Patriots
4 Chiefs
5 Bills
6 Packers Ninja

I'll stop there
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote