Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals - A great franchise
Have not posted much this year but I need to say something to all my friends from the old Bengals.com forum.

For years and years we complained about how the team was poorly run, Mike Brown was cheap, they had no plan, etc.

Let's take stock today.

Mike Brown is not cheap as established by how much money the Bengals spend on players compared to other teams. He spends the money on players who come up through our team and earn it by hard work and top performance.

5 or 6 years ago they definitely established a long term plan to stay out of free agency and develop through the draft.

Mike Brown is patient and loyal. He is a throw back when many if not most companies - particularly when owned by a family - treated all their employees that way. Stability, loyalty and fair treatment of employees has been very good for this franchise.

I will always wonder if the shabby treatment of Mike's Dad by that idiot Art Model has had a big impact on how Mike and his family treat their employees.

People who have constantly trashed Andy do not remember the Ken Anderson or Boomer history. Early in their career they were not as successful as Andy has been through last year with fans calling for their heads until the light really went on in their fifth or sixth season and the management built a really good team around them.

Right now, we have one of the most stacked rosters in the league ( with very few free agents) with players on bench and practice squad who could be starters on many other teams.

I had my share of frustrating comments on the old board/. So I just want to say thank you to the Bengals management for adopting a game plan, sticking with it, and making a commitment to excellence that is really paying off.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 02:56 PM)67bengals Wrote: Have not posted much this year but I need to say something to all my friends from the old Bengals.com forum.

For years and years we complained about how the team was poorly run, Mike Brown was cheap, they had no plan, etc.

Let's take stock today.

Mike Brown is not cheap as established by how much money the Bengals spend on players compared to other teams. He spends the money on players who come up through our team and earn it by hard work and top performance.

5 or 6 years ago they definitely established a long term plan to stay out of free agency and develop through the draft.

Mike Brown is patient and loyal. He is a throw back when many if not most companies - particularly when owned by a family - treated all their employees that way. Stability, loyalty and fair treatment of employees has been very good for this franchise.

I will always wonder if the shabby treatment of Mike's Dad by that idiot Art Model has had a big impact on how Mike and his family treat their employees.

People who have constantly trashed Andy do not remember the Ken Anderson or Boomer history. Early in their career they were not as successful as Andy has been through last year with fans calling for their heads until the light really went on in their fifth or sixth season and the management built a really good team around them.

Right now, we have one of the most stacked rosters in the league ( with very few free agents) with players on bench and practice squad who could be starters on many other teams.

I had my share of frustrating comments on the old board/. So I just want to say thank you to the Bengals management for adopting a game plan, sticking with it, and making a commitment to excellence that is really paying off.

Marv, Tobin, MB, Katie have all built something very special no doubt.

I still think this comes from MB letting go of some of the control and i have to give him props for that as well.

I am proud of this Franchise.
Reply/Quote
I agree totally, I don't expect much disagreement and/or franchise ridicule, because they are 8-0, but I could be wrong.
Reply/Quote