Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Add Scout - Hire Trey Brown
Good move to expand scouting. Little by little and we may have an actual department.

https://www.bengals.com/news/trey-brown-brings-a-football-life-to-bengals-player-personnel
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2021, 11:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Good move to expand scouting. Little by little and we may have an actual department.

https://www.bengals.com/news/trey-brown-brings-a-football-life-to-bengals-player-personnel

LOVE IT!

We're becoming an actual franchise!

This is another step in the right direction because, not only did Mike Brown not employee many scouts, he didn't even listen to the ones we did have!

I love that this bro seems intelligent and excited about the job!  Let's hope he works his ass off and helps build our team because we're only a few pieces away from being a contender!
Reply/Quote
Good to hear.

Never understood the Bengals refusal to have an actual NFL-caliber scouting department. It really can't be that much money added onto the operating costs of an NFL franchise to add 6 more scouts. It's basically 1 Kahlil McKenzie or 1 Isaiah Prince equals like 4-6 scouts, no? I know which one is going to add more to a successful NFL team. Plus it takes a little of the scouting load off your coaches so they can actually focus on their main job.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
This is surprising, but also refreshing to see happen.
Reply/Quote
I'm just going to go ahead and get out in front of this one... "Well, his last name is Brown"  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2021, 02:23 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Good to hear.

Never understood the Bengals refusal to have an actual NFL-caliber scouting department. It really can't be that much money added onto the operating costs of an NFL franchise to add 6 more scouts. It's basically 1 Kahlil McKenzie or 1 Isaiah Prince equals like 4-6 scouts, no? I know which one is going to add more to a successful NFL team. Plus it takes a little of the scouting load off your coaches so they can actually focus on their main job.

Why add those 4-6 scouts when you have money coming in from the NFL TV contracts and you're gonna make your money whether you're competitive or not.  

Personally, I believe for the last 30 years Mike has run this franchise like it's his personal business.  He wants to make money more than he wanted to win championships.  He's been known as the bad guy in Cincy for quite awhile, do you really think he cares what the citizens of the greater Cincy area think of him?  

I think we're starting to see changes because honestly i don't think Katie wants to be known as the cheap ass of Cincinnati.  I feel like she wants to win and be competitive.  

In relation to what you said last as far as taking a load off the coaching staff,  I believe i read recently Zac come out and basically say that our coaching staff is required to do a lot more than your typical coaching staff.   

Hopefully, more and more changes continue to come and who knows maybe we'll see a winning season for the first time since 2015 this season.  I'm going with probably not and 6-11 but I continue to have hope.  
Reply/Quote

The typical NFL Scout salary is between $45k - $95k.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Whats the brown to Brown connection
?
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2021, 09:10 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Why add those 4-6 scouts when you have money coming in from the NFL TV contracts and you're gonna make your money whether you're competitive or not.  

Personally, I believe for the last 30 years Mike has run this franchise like it's his personal business.  He wants to make money more than he wanted to win championships.  He's been known as the bad guy in Cincy for quite awhile, do you really think he cares what the citizens of the greater Cincy area think of him?  

I think we're starting to see changes because honestly i don't think Katie wants to be known as the cheap ass of Cincinnati.  I feel like she wants to win and be competitive.  

In relation to what you said last as far as taking a load off the coaching staff,  I believe i read recently Zac come out and basically say that our coaching staff is required to do a lot more than your typical coaching staff.   

Hopefully, more and more changes continue to come and who knows maybe we'll see a winning season for the first time since 2015 this season.  I'm going with probably not and 6-11 but I continue to have hope.  

Yeah, it's not a very good idea to have green coaches doing much more than coaching.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2021, 09:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The typical NFL Scout salary is between $45k - $95k.

They also get benefit from $20,000 to $40,000 for health insurance and other benefits and club has other expenses for travel from $20 to $40K. They don't sit home and watch players on a computer.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
They have way more than enough money to hire scouts.

Whether they ever agree to build a quality indoor facility will be more significant proof of an intent to run a legitimate franchise that can compete with the best teams and their intentions regarding staying in Cincinnati.

They won't build an indoor facility if leaving Cincy for greener pastures is one of their strategic options.

They might hire a few scouts.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2021, 09:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Whats the brown to Brown connection
?

Mike Browns 5th grade nephew.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2021, 12:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: Mike Browns 5th grade nephew.

ahh figured it was something

father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
Reply/Quote
Called it....
Reply/Quote

Scouts spend a lot of time sitting in airports, bus stations, taxi's, etc. Those air fares, hotel rooms, meals, etc., add up quickly, but still..a good scout is worth every penny as opposed to 1 or 2 players who ain't gonna work out..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2021, 09:10 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Personally, I believe for the last 30 years Mike has run this franchise like it's his personal business.

Lol well, it pretty much is his personal business so he can run it any way he wants. We have all the facts to back up he does a poor job at it, but I can’t get mad at someone for running their business the way they see fit. Just mad at myself for supporting it, if that makes sense.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2021, 01:00 PM)grampahol Wrote: Scouts spend a lot of time sitting in airports, bus stations, taxi's, etc. Those air fares, hotel rooms, meals, etc., add up quickly, but still..a good scout is worth every penny as opposed to 1 or 2 players who ain't gonna work out..

Not to say we shouldn't have more scouts, but those 1 or 2 players who aren't going to work out happen even to teams with the largest scouting depts. Sometimes players just can't make the jump.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2021, 01:13 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol well, it pretty much is his personal business so he can run it any way he wants. We have all the facts to back up he does a poor job at it, but I can’t get mad at someone for running their business the way they see fit. Just mad at myself for supporting it, if that makes sense.

NFL team ownership is more of a monarchy than anything else.  I assume this Brown is a relative based upon the eye rolling. 
Reply/Quote
Hopefully not a nepotism hire.

Applaud if not though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Called it.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote