Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals All Decade Team
With the decade coming to a close I thought it might be interesting to see who people would choose. The list should be any Bengals players that played for the team between 2010-2019. You can pick any 11 offensive players and any 11 defensive players. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a player for each position. Just the best of the best over the last 10 years.

My list

Offense:

1. Andrew Whitworth

2. AJ Green

3. Andy Dalton

4. Tyler Boyd

5. Marvin Jones

6. Joe Mixon

7. Kevin Zeitler

8. Jermaine Gresham

9. Andre Smith

10. Giovanni Bernard

11. Tyler Eifert

Defense:

1. Geno Atkins

2. Carlos Dunlap

3. Leon Hall

4. Reggie Nelson

5. Vontaze Burfict

6. Pacman Jones

7. Domata Peko

8. Michael Johnson

9. Terrance Newman

10. Dre Kirkpatrick

11. Rey Maualuga
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Offense
1. AJ Green
2. Andrew Whitworth
3. Kevin Zeitler
4. Andy Dalton
5. Joe Mixon
6. Jermaine Gresham
7. Cedric Benson
8. Tyler Boyd
9. Clint Boling
10. Marvin Jones
11. Andre Smith

Defense
1. Geno Atkins
2. Carlos Dunlap
3. Leon Hall
4. Vontaze Burfict
5. Reggie Nelson
6. Pacman Jones
7. Rey Maualuga
8. Michael Johnson
9. George Iloka
10. Domata Peko
11. Dre Kirkpatrick
Reply/Quote
Good list, Fullrock. I almost put Benson on mine, but I had to have Eifert on there. Yeah, it’s been mostly disappointing with him with all the injuries, and he’s never put up big yards, but that 2015 season really was special (probably the best Bengals team since the 80’s). And he was a huge part of that. Guy was absolutely lethal in the red zone, and was basically a TD machine for Dalton that year. Benson did have one of the best playoff performances for us though. Him, Marvin Jones, and Burfict (pre-meltdown) are about the only players that ever did much in any of our playoffs games.

I also thought about Iloka over Newman, but I feel like other than Nelson our CB’s were usually better than our Safeties.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 11:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good list, Fullrock. I almost put Benson on mine, but I had to have Eifert on there. Yeah, it’s been mostly disappointing with him with all the injuries, and he’s never put up big yards, but that 2015 season really was special (probably the best Bengals team since the 80’s). And he was a huge part of that. Guy was absolutely lethal in the red zone, and was basically a TD machine for Dalton that year. Benson did have one of the best playoff performances for us though. Him, Marvin Jones, and Burfict (pre-meltdown) are about the only players that ever did much in any of our playoffs games.

I also thought about Iloka over Newman, but I feel like other than Nelson our CB’s were usually better than our Safeties.

I always liked George Iloka, but Terrance Newman was really good for us for those couple of seasons. He's what this current team is lacking at the moment... A leader.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Defense
DT- Atkins
NT-Peko
DE-MJ
DE- Dunlap
LB- Vontaz
S- Crocker
S- Williams
S- Nelson
CB- Pacman
CB- Kirkpatrick
CB-Leon Hall

Offense
LT- Whitworth
LG- Boiling
RB- Bernard
RG- Zeitler
RT- Smith
RB- Mixon
WR-AJ
Wr-Marvin
WR- Boyd
TE- Eifert
QB- Andy
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 02:39 PM)J24 Wrote: Defense
DT- Atkins
NT-Peko
DE-MJ
DE- Dunlap
LB- Vontaz
S- Crocker
S- Williams
S- Nelson
CB- Pacman
CB- Kirkpatrick
CB-Leon Hall

Offense
LT- Whitworth
LG- Boiling
RB- Bernard
RG- Zeitler
RT- Smith
RB- Mixon
WR-AJ
Wr-Marvin
WR- Boyd
TE- Eifert
QB- Andy

Is your list in no specific order or do you rate Bernard and those guys that much higher than AJ?

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 02:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: With the decade coming to a close I thought it might be interesting to see who people would choose. The list should be any Bengals players that played for the team between 2010-2019. You can pick any 11 offensive players and any 11 defensive players. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a player for each position. Just the best of the best over the last 10 years.

My list

Offense:

1. Andrew Whitworth

2. AJ Green

3. Andy Dalton

4. Tyler Boyd

5. Marvin Jones

6. Joe Mixon

7. Kevin Zeitler

8. Jermaine Gresham

9. Andre Smith

10. Giovanni Bernard

11. Tyler Eifert

Defense:

1. Geno Atkins

2. Carlos Dunlap

3. Leon Hall

4. Reggie Nelson

5. Vontaze Burfict

6. Pacman Jones

7. Domata Peko

8. Michael Johnson

9. Terrance Newman

10. Dre Kirkpatrick

11. Rey Maualuga
Why can't we have Kevin Huber?

As to the premise of the thread: Great job. I'll give it some thought and post mine.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 08:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why can't we have Kevin Huber?

As to the premise of the thread: Great job. I'll give it some thought and post mine.

Maybe add like a top 5 special teams players?

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 08:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Maybe add like a top 5 special teams players?

I think 3.

I remember being fond of Quan Crosby's ST plan. Wasn't there a TD return where he made like 3 blocks for Bernard Scott? I remember it being one of the most amazing things I've ever seen 

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 08:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Maybe add like a top 5 special teams players?

Huber

Clark Harris

Cedric Peerman

Vinney Rey

It's hard not to include Pacman here as well.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 08:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is your list in no specific order or do you rate Bernard and those guys that much higher than AJ?

No specific order
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2019, 11:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good list, Fullrock. I almost put Benson on mine, but I had to have Eifert on there. Yeah, it’s been mostly disappointing with him with all the injuries, and he’s never put up big yards, but that 2015 season really was special (probably the best Bengals team since the 80’s). And he was a huge part of that. Guy was absolutely lethal in the red zone, and was basically a TD machine for Dalton that year. Benson did have one of the best playoff performances for us though. Him, Marvin Jones, and Burfict (pre-meltdown) are about the only players that ever did much in any of our playoffs games.

Yeah, you could really go either way with Iloka or Newman. I think I leaned more toward Iloka because he was a solid starter for 5 years.  

Hard to leave Eifert off, but I just felt like injuries have derailed him too much after that phenomenal 2015 season.
Reply/Quote
Personally I think every position should be covered if you're going to call it a team.. How many games is this "all decade team" going to win with 2 offensive linemen? Like it or not all positions should be covered including special teams, not just 11 based on who your favorites might be.. I'd have to think about it, but since the bell is not un-ringable I'll have to pass..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
QB: Andy Dalton
RB: Cedric Benson
WR: AJ Green
WR: Chad Johnson
WR: Terrell Owens
TE: Jermaine Gresham
LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: Evan Mathis
C: Kyle Cook
RG: Bobbie Williams
RT: Andre Smith

RDE: Carlos Dunlap
RDT: Geno Atkins
LDT: Domata Peko
LDE: Robert Geathers
WLB: Vontaze Burfict
MLB: Dhani Jones
SLB: Rey Maualuga
CB: Leon Hall
CB: Adam Jones
FS: Reggie Nelson
SS: Shawn Williams

PK: Mike Nugent
P: Kevin Huber
PR: Adam Jones
ST: Cedric Peerman

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 12:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: Personally I think every position should be covered if you're going to call it a team.. How many games is this "all decade team" going to win with 2 offensive linemen? Like it or not all positions should be covered including special teams, not just 11 based on who your favorites might be.. I'd have to think about it, but since the bell is not un-ringable I'll have to pass..

You're not building a team to go compete against anyone. It's picking who you think the best players of the decade were based on their production regardless of position.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 01:09 PM)Fullrock Wrote: You're not building a team to go compete against anyone. It's picking who you think the best players of the decade were based on their production regardless of position.
yeah, I know that, but it's a silly premise kind of like the probowl with only favorites playing wiffle ball with a weather balloon..  Tongue

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 12:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: Personally I think every position should be covered if you're going to call it a team.. How many games is this "all decade team" going to win with 2 offensive linemen? Like it or not all positions should be covered including special teams, not just 11 based on who your favorites might be.. I'd have to think about it, but since the bell is not un-ringable I'll have to pass..

It’s not about “favorites” if it was my list would look decidedly different. It’s about acknowledging the best Bengals players over the past decade.

Reply/Quote
1. Andrew Whitworth
2. A.J. Green
3. Andy Dalton
4. Kevin Zeitler
5. Geno Atkins
6. Carlos Dunlap
7. Leon Hall
8. Reggie Nelson
9. Marvin Jones
10. Adam Jones
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 01:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not about “favorites” if it was my list would look decidedly different. It’s about acknowledging the best Bengals players over the past decade.

hey...I'm just going by the title of the thread... the ALL DECADE TEAM.. not the all decade best players, but TEAM.. I know..I'm just a grumpy, old grammar Nazi or something..  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2019, 01:52 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: 1. Andrew Whitworth
2. A.J. Green
3. Andy Dalton
4. Kevin Zeitler
5. Geno Atkins
6. Carlos Dunlap
7. Leon Hall
8. Reggie Nelson
9. Marvin Jones
10. Adam Jones

Interesting you went with MLJ over Boyd. The latter is probably about to put up back-to-back 1k yds seasons for us.

MLJ was a big time playmaker for us though. I’m sure he would have put up better numbers if not for AJ.

Reply/Quote