Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals All Time Winning Percentage
Compared to the other 31 teams. Very interesting list and many youngsters here forget or just never knew how dominant the Bears were:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/784512/nfl-team-ranking-by-all-time-regular-season-winning-percentage/
Reply/Quote
So Tampa Bay needs Brady to play until he's about 55 years old with a winning record to get out of the basement?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 01:30 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: So Tampa Bay needs Brady to play until he's about 55 years old with a winning record to get out of the basement?

17 seasons of 10+ losses in their first 21 years as a franchise. I'm pretty sure that almost qualifies as torture. Lol

Weird that only 9 teams have more SB wins than them, now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
That was a pleasant surprise.  I expected us to be much lower on the list.  We should be able to move up a spot at the rate Detroit is going this year.ThumbsUp
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 02:29 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: That was a pleasant surprise.  I expected us to be much lower on the list.  We should be able to move up a spot at the rate Detroit is going this year.ThumbsUp

Probably not. At the very top it says those numbers are from pre-2019. So it doesn't take the Zac Taylor era into consideration at all. So even taking the Lions 0-5 record this year into consideration that means the Bengals have only gained 1 win on the Lions in the ZT era. (Lions were +2 wins from 2019-2020, Bengals +3 wins in 2021, net +1 Bengals 2019-2021.)

The Bengals are probably actually 1 spot lower now on that list. They were 0.2% above the Saints, but then have gone 9-27-1 while the Saints have gone 28-9 since those numbers were compiled.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 02:29 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: That was a pleasant surprise.  I expected us to be much lower on the list.  We should be able to move up a spot at the rate Detroit is going this year.ThumbsUp

Sad when ranking 24th is a pleasant surprise. LOL

PFR is more up to date and has us ranked 26th:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/index.htm

The more depressing stat is that 30 teams have more playoff wins than us. The Patriots have over 7 times as many playoff wins. A whopping 26 teams have doubled our playoff wins, and 14 teams have 4x as many.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 04:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sad when ranking 24th is a pleasant surprise. LOL

PFR is more up to date and has us ranked 26th:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/index.htm

The more depressing stat is that 30 teams have more playoff wins than us. The Patriots have over 7 times as many playoff wins. A whopping 26 teams have doubled our playoff wins, and 14 teams have 4x as many.

And even more embarrassing is the Browns, who have been the abused red headed step child of the NFL for decades, made the playoffs and WON a playoff game against the Pittsburgh Thugs!!  Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 11:55 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: And even more embarrassing is the Browns, who have been the abused red headed step child of the NFL for decades, made the playoffs and WON a playoff game against the Pittsburgh Thugs!!  Cool

Eh... The Browns have a dude that hit a guy in the head with his helmet, and another that kicked a woman that was on the ground. Not sure they can escape the thug label if we're throwing it around. Hell we've had/ have one or two ourselves.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 12:00 AM)jason Wrote: Eh... The Browns have a dude that hit a guy in the head with his helmet, and another that kicked a woman that was on the ground. Not sure they can escape the thug label if we're throwing it around. Hell we've had/ have one or two ourselves.

Couldn't care less.

The Browns won a playoff game!!!

Let that sink in for a moment!!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 04:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The more depressing stat is that 30 teams have more playoff wins than us.

Took 34 more years of trying to get 1 more than the Texans. That's just depressing.

What's REALLY bizarre is that the Bengals only have 5 ties in franchise history and 4 of them have come in the last 14 years. 3 in the last 8. The Saints also have 5 in roughly the same franchise existence as the Bengals, but none since 1973. Same with the Cowboys and the Titans.

Reply/Quote
All anyone remembers is SB wins and what have you done for me lately. Tampa has more SBs than most of the teams on the list and if coming off the most recent one with the best to ever play the position at QB.

I don't think they'er feeling all that sad.

As for the Da Bears. When was the last time they were relevant? Its kinda sad to see a team with such a rich history and so many great players sink to what its been over the last 25 or so years.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 08:15 AM)motoarch Wrote: All anyone remembers is SB wins and what have you done for me lately. Tampa has more SBs than most of the teams on the list and if coming off the most recent one with the best to ever play the position at QB.

As for the Da Bears. When was the last time they were relevant? Its kinda sad to see a team with such a rich history and so many great players sink to what its been over the last 25 or so years.

The Bears just can’t get the most important position right. Who was even their last really good QB? They’ve gone even longer than the Browns at this point without hitting on one. It’s always just journeymen, bad picks, guys who should be backups, etc. They’ve had the defenses over the years, but it doesn’t matter if you don’t have a QB.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 09:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bears just can’t get the most important position right. Who was even their last really good QB? They’ve gone even longer than the Browns at this point without hitting on one. It’s always just journeymen, bad picks, guys who should be backups, etc. They’ve had the defenses over the years, but it doesn’t matter if you don’t have a QB.

On the flip side is the fact that the Bengals have had some of the best QB's in the league. They just needed Paul Brown to live to 130 years old..Selfish old bastard could've lived forever,  but  NOOOOOOO! He up and died anyway. I'm almost surprised the Browns didn't coopt the Bengals and name their stadium after him first..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 10:46 AM)grampahol Wrote: On the flip side is the fact that the Bengals have had some of the best QB's in the league. They just needed Paul Brown to live to 130 years old..Selfish old bastard could've lived forever,  but  NOOOOOOO! He up and died anyway. I'm almost surprised the Browns didn't coopt the Bengals and name their stadium after him first..

His football mind was brilliant!!  He was no non-sense and the best quote I will always remember and applies to ANY sport;

"When you win say nothing. When you lose say even less!"
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 02:46 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Took 34 more years of trying to get 1 more than the Texans. That's just depressing.

What's REALLY bizarre is that the Bengals only have 5 ties in franchise history and 4 of them have come in the last 14 years. 3 in the last 8. The Saints also have 5 in roughly the same franchise existence as the Bengals, but none since 1973. Same with the Cowboys and the Titans.

It's almost to the point where I expect a tie every year. Almost.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 08:15 AM)motoarch Wrote: All anyone remembers is SB wins and what have you done for me lately.  Tampa has more SBs than most of the teams on the list and if coming off the most recent one with the best to ever play the position at QB.

As for the Da Bears.  When was the last time they were relevant?  Its kinda sad to see a team with such a rich history and so many great players sink to what its been over the last 25 or so years.

They did play in a SB early 2000s.
Reply/Quote
IMHO too many folk put all the emphasis on the SB era.

NFL championships are NFL championships regardless of WHEN it was.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 09:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bears just can’t get the most important position right. Who was even their last really good QB? They’ve gone even longer than the Browns at this point without hitting on one. It’s always just journeymen, bad picks, guys who should be backups, etc. They’ve had the defenses over the years, but it doesn’t matter if you don’t have a QB.

They always had defense, RBs, and good OL.

Even their SB champion 1985 team had Jim Harbaugh who had made many 'Worst QBs to Win a SB' lists.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 08:07 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: They always had defense, RBs, and good OL.

Even their SB champion 1985 team had Jim Harbaugh who had made many 'Worst QBs to Win a SB' lists.

*Jim McMahon

Reply/Quote
We're not last! We're not last! We're not last!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote