Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Aquire Flowers
Tre Flowers CB. Off waivers from Seattle.

Seattle fans are warning us we took a L with this one. I don't know much about him.

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1448746876778553344
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
That is a really nice claim. He has starting experience and is a solid man corner, wasn't a great fit with what Seattle was asking him to do. If Waynes is out I prefer him over Apple all day!
Reply/Quote
May he blossom in our secondary!
Reply/Quote
Flowers is currently leading the league having allowed 87.5% of passed in his direction to be caught.
Over his career, that number is 67.8% including 10 TDs, 3 INTs and 105 passer rating and 21 penalties.

He will make Apple look like a stud....
Reply/Quote
He's... uh... not good.

Then again, neither is Apple. So maybe one pushes the other to be a little better.

On the bright side, while Flowers has been terrible in coverage, at least he can tackle. Only a 5.9 missed tackle % vs 27.6 for Eli Apple according to PFR. He has a 52.9 overall grade from PFF compared to 42.5 for Apple.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Good quality starting CBs don't get released for no reason. I haven't heard of him doing anything nefarious to warrant his release so....
Reply/Quote
Another body. I’m sure apple will probably still start over him, but I don’t trust Phillips, and we have very little behind that.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:38 PM)GodFather Wrote: Flowers is currently leading the league having allowed 87.5% of passed in his direction to be caught.
Over his career, that number is 67.8% including 10 TDs, 3 INTs and 105 passer rating and 21 penalties.

He will make Apple look like a stud....

Hard to know.  He's been in the same system his whole career.  I don't know how Seattle's scheme compares to the Bengals', but it's possible this is a good change for him and he excels.  I certainly hope so! 
Reply/Quote
Has experience as others said and can tackle, I am down.
Reply/Quote
What's it hurt? They said the same thing when we claimed Reggie Nelson, and look how that turned out.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Bengals_95d9a8ea-209f-48ae-ad37-36930be0...4x1024.jpg]
Reply/Quote
College safety converted to CB in the NFL. Pretty rare for that to happen. Not a bad flyer at all though on the waiver wire. Healthy 4th year CBs with a boatload of career starts don’t grow on trees. I’m not mad about picking up a young DB with loads of NFL game experience who probably feels pretty disrespected after getting cut
Reply/Quote
I guess they didn’t have to make a cut?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I guess they didn’t have to make a cut?

Did they make a roster move when Wayne got placed on IR (I can't remember). 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:44 PM)TheFan Wrote: Good quality starting CBs don't get released for no reason. I haven't heard of him doing anything nefarious to warrant his release so....

supposedly, he requested his release but the Seahawks didn't seem to fight very hard to keep him.  

It's not like there are a lot of CBs out there right now to grab.  At least he can play on the scout team.

Seahawks board seem to think he is a player who desperately needed a fresh start...maybe Cincinnati will be that for him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
From my good friend Doug Farrar

People need to understand Awuzie wasn’t believed to be very good when he left Dallas, it was similarly a scheme fit problem. I am very high on Flowers, he flashes high upside and I think he has far more upside than someone like Apple.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: That is a really nice claim. He has starting experience and is a solid man corner, wasn't a great fit with what Seattle was asking him to do. If Waynes is out I prefer him over Apple all day!

Don't we run a lot of the same stuff that Seattle does though? We're both single High defenses.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 06:43 PM)J24 Wrote: Don't we run a lot of the same stuff that Seattle does though? We're both single High defenses.

All single high defenses aren’t created the same. Seattle is one of the worst defenses in the league at showing a look presnap and staying in it. Similar how lack of motion hurts offenses, lack of post snap rotation hurts defenses. Seattle has basically ran the exact same stuff for a decade and people know how to pick on it.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: May he blossom in our secondary!

They'll bee glad they sniffed this one out.  Just sowing the seeds.  Need to arrange him properly in this defense.  Hope he delivers.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 05:44 PM)TheFan Wrote: Good quality starting CBs don't get released for no reason. I haven't heard of him doing anything nefarious to warrant his release so....

Well neither do quality guards and Spain did, he was cut by Bill's and though he bad start last year is having a off to a decent start this year
Reply/Quote