Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals@BYE Predictions
The perfect trap game, BYE wins big in this game!
Reply/Quote
Deep down I'm hoping for big Bengal victory this week, but the realist in me says it ends in another Tie, which by the way feels like its kissing your sister.  Excited that it wasn't a loss, but kinda dirty at the same time.  (Isn't that legal down there in Kentucky?)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 02:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and he'll clap.....oh will there ever be clapping involved. Clapping Clapping

....and don't forget a pat on the ass with a whisper in the players ears about a nice long romantic weekend in the Pocono Mountains no matter the outcome.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 02:55 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Deep down I'm hoping for big Bengal victory this week, but the realist in me says it ends in another Tie, which by the way feels like its kissing your sister.  Excited that it wasn't a loss, but kinda dirty at the same time.  (Isn't that legal down there in Kentucky?)

Not in a few years..... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
No reports of domestic abuse. Looks like the Bengals might actually contend with the BYE. I'm interested in the first dumb thing said by a Bengal or coach this weekend. "At Least We Didn't Lose"
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Surely this feels like a must win bye...  correct?

"Don't call me Shirley !"

[Image: th?id=OIP.Mdc88e29b0af7a6fb6799e81303d9c...=268&h=151]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Eifert trips over the bye week and is out for 2 months.

Bye - 27
Bengals - 3
Reply/Quote
Coach Lewis keeps doing what Coach Lewis does. Bengals defer to BYE, BYE scores on opening possession. BYE takes 27-6 lead into half (Erickson runs back a kick off mid-second quarter for the Bengals only score, but Nugent misses PAT, and two field goal attempts of 46, and 39 yards). At the half the Bengals have 328 yards total offense, 139 of it receiving yards for A.J. Green, but no offensive scores.

Early in the 4th quarter Bengals score an offensive touchdown on a 62 yard sweep. Jeremy Hill dances like he's auditioning for Dancing With the Stars, even though it was Rex Burkhead running the ball for the score! Late in 4th quarter a turnover gets them another score. At this point it is 34-20, and the Bengals get the ball with 3:47. Dalton marches the team down the field with no timeouts remaining. They move at a furious pace. At a 3:14 Lewis shrewdly sends Nugent out on 4th and 1 from the 13. Nugent drills the field goal to make it a 2 score game and there is an eternity still on the clock!

With the score 34-23, and 1:18 remaining Geno Atkins forces a fumble. Bengals take over at the 32, just 68 yards from the touchdown that won't tie the game, and 4 runs up the middle later the Bengals are knocking at the door with 14 seconds still on the clock. Gio Bernard up the middle takes it to the 1 where he is tackled as time expires. Final BYE 34 Bengals 23. The line was BYE -11 and 1/2, so gamblers who took the Bengals are ecstatic. Post game Lewis, giggling, says, " We just ran out of plays today. And, it's good that we did that. Our football team needed more time today. That's the thing. We'll have to clean some things up and get better."
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 12:27 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Does the BYE have a winning record? If so, we're in trouble.   Ninja

Probably will after this week...

Cue Marv talking about how the Bengals didn't tackle or block well....but he did see some good things out there.  

Also, cue players talking about how serious they will be taking the rest of the season, and how they are moving forward and are going to get on a roll....starting next week.

Cue local media talking about how the Bengals could still win the division if everyone else's team dies in a Marshall-style plane crash and the Bengals go undefeated....also include an interview about threatening changes to put this listless team on notice that no one's spot is guaranteed and that they have a lot of guys who can suck for less.  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 10:52 AM)kevin Wrote: Ravens beat Steelers and Ravens, Steelers and Bengals all have 4 losses......and THAT amazingly means Bengals still very much in play-off hunt with 4 AFC North Games left to play.......Bengals get healthy over bye week and with a healthy Hill and Eifert start kicking some rear ends in last 8 games......How about Steelers also losing to Cowboys before Bengals play Monday Night.........Can I have a Whooo Bengals for 2 Steeler losses before Bengals take the field again.

:andy:

Technical Bowl...My opinions and the grades they recieved for the bye week:

Brought in kickers....none signed. (+3 Bye)

Gilberry signed. (+7 Bengals)

Ravens sign Chris Lewis-Harris (+3 Bye)

At the half: Bengals 7 Bye 6

Williams fined...twice (+7 Bye)

Flowers and Kirkpatrick fined. (+7 Bye)

William Jackson III says he's ready...Bengals are you? (+3 Bengals) 

Other than the usual fluff on a bye week, these situations seemed like the important issues.

Bengals: 10
Bye: 20

Conservative play once again will take a backseat to the fans as there has been pretty glaring problems at many positions at the mid-point of the season.
IMO, a playoff caliber team will not survey the situation half way through the season, know the problems and do very little (or in this case nothing) to fix the team.
Tackling on the defensive side of the ball is horrible. Ogbuehi has been bad...thank goodness Bodine has been better. Gilberry being back to me is moot. Clarke is better and needs more time. Denard can only get better, at least he tackles better than Williams. Adam Jones to S, and he's done recieving punts/kicks...that time might be lost. 

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 02:42 PM)740Bengal Wrote: The perfect trap game, BYE wins big in this game!

Hmmm, not sure about.  Think we have a fighting chance as long as the bye isn't in prime time.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 12:35 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Well, while this may be a joke, the Bengals' tie in week 8 while both Pittsburgh and Baltimore were on byes means the Bengals will lose ground unless Pittsburgh and Baltimore also tie this weekend (they play each other this weekend). So, that means, unless there's a tie we'll be down 2 wins coming out of the bye.

That doesn't sound like a winning weekend to me.

We want pissburg to lose always.  They get beat by the ratbirds, that is a division loss and we still have two head to head games against Balt.  I am a Rat fan twice a year, and one of those days is today.  
Reply/Quote