Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals Back In 1st Place Tie in AFC North
(10-02-2022, 05:17 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: We were a PAT away from leading and we played like shit the first two games.

Ravens players and coaches getting in each other’s faces while we stuck together after a bad start.

This is the last weekend we won’t have an outright lead for the rest of the season.

Book it

Yep

Now we gotta go out and take it. Reset button has been hit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And now everyone who was handwringing and declaring we would never make the playoffs after starting 0-2 shoul be ashamed.
Reply/Quote
1 game out of the best record in the AFC, and depending on how things fall, there could only be two 3-1 teams in the AFC, and a whole bunch of 2-2 teams.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 06:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You take the lead.. weather was still not great, buffalo would have to score a td.

I would have
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
It's true that there was too much panic at 0-2. But it's not like it was nothing. Dropping two shoulda wons at the beginning of the season makes the tough schedule down the stretch that much more critical. Sunday night is YUGE. 0-2 in the division probably means that the division comes down to Week 18 *if we're lucky*.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 05:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: We're in second place actually. Stains still in first courtesy of 1-0 in Division while we are 0-1. We beat the Rats next week and then we are in first.

AFCN

Browns  2-2 1-0
Ravens  2-2 0-0
Cincy    2-2  0-1
Pitt       1-3  1-1

We beat the Ravens and the Browns win we are in 2nd.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 07:21 PM)Roland Wrote: It's true that there was too much panic at 0-2. But it's not like it was nothing. Dropping two shoulda wons at the beginning of the season makes the tough schedule down the stretch that much more critical. Sunday night is YUGE. 0-2 in the division probably means that the division comes down to Week 18 *if we're lucky*.

0-2 is 0-2 but both games lost at the buzzer
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 07:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And now everyone who was handwringing and declaring we would never make the playoffs after starting 0-2 shoul be ashamed.

The season is over! The season is over!…oh I blinked and now we are in first place lol

I should be used to it but the Burrow is ruined, Taylor needs to go, FA money was a waste, season is over stuff after 2 games still somewhat surprised me. I guess I thought the fact that we just played in the super bowl would buy the team a little patience/faith from fans but that was too much to ask for smh
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 07:41 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The season is over! The season is over!…oh I blinked and now we are in first place lol

I should be used to it but the Burrow is ruined, Taylor needs to go, FA money was a waste, season is over stuff after 2 games still somewhat surprised me. I guess I thought the fact that we just played in the super bowl would buy the team a little patience/faith from fans but that was too much to ask for smh

I think the Taylor should go people have not changed their mind, until we win a superbowl, lol
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 07:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think the Taylor should go people have not changed their mind, until we win a superbowl, lol

*win EVERY Super Bowl lol
Reply/Quote
"Technically" we're in first place. Tiebreakers only matter at the end of the season. Quit being wet blankets...WHODEY!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 07:21 PM)Roland Wrote: It's true that there was too much panic at 0-2.  But it's not like it was nothing.  Dropping two shoulda wons at the beginning of the season makes the tough schedule down the stretch that much more critical.   Sunday night is YUGE.  0-2 in the division probably means that the division comes down to Week 18 *if we're lucky*.

We should have won them both, definitely. But Dallas has also won 2 more games since then so it's not like it was a gimme. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 07:50 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: *win EVERY Super Bowl lol

Some people will never change their opinion that we only win in spite of Taylor. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 07:27 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: AFCN

Browns  2-2 1-0
Ravens  2-2 0-0
Cincy    2-2  0-1
Pitt       1-3  1-1

We beat the Ravens and the Browns win we are in 2nd.

[Image: current-standings.jpg]

Bengals are 2-1 in conference. Ravens are 2-2.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
[Image: a-playoffs.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Thanks for posting that rfaulk
Reply/Quote
8 days ago some were saying the season could be over. Now the Bengals sit in the #1 WC spot. 

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 09:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 8 days ago some were saying the season could be over. Now the Bengals sit in the #1 WC spot. 

Some were saying we only beat the lowly Jets, let's not get excited till we play a team like the Dolphins.....Those people have disappeared
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 07:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: "Technically" we're in first place. Tiebreakers only matter at the end of the season. Quit being wet blankets...WHODEY!!

But that's just not true.

If the Bengals, Browns, and Ravens all submit a waiver claim for the same player, the Ravens get the player as they are lowest in the standings. If only we and the Browns put in a claim, we get the player, due to the standings.
Reply/Quote
Today was like watching the world outside go up in flames from a comfy chair in a bomb shelter.

All the AFC-N teams collapsed today.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote