Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Bars in Houston
Well looks like i won;t be able to get a ticket for Houston game but my good friend and I are still going to go to Houston that weekend and would love to find a Bengals Bar to enjoy watching the Bengals game.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Im getting no love here.. i thought a few of you drink and travel..lol.. maybe we don;t have any Bengal Fans on the Jungle from Houston...
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 09:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im getting no love here.. i thought a few of you drink and travel..lol.. maybe we don;t have any Bengal Fans on the Jungle from Houston...

Yeah, I read your thread earlier but have never been to Houston so couldn't help you out man.
Reply/Quote
I actually visited a friend there a few years back who was a transplant from Cincinnati. He had a pretty decent group of guys there that would meet up for the games. I think they all kinda met through a message board or Reddit.

Anways, they all go to a bar on Sundays there to get together. He said they had great wings and a bunch of appetizer specials. I guess the group of guys there are all super friendly and welcoming.

The place if I remember right is called The Blue Oyester.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 09:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I actually visited a friend there a few years back who was a transplant from Cincinnati.  He had a pretty decent group of guys there that would meet up for the games.  I think they all kinda met through a message board or Reddit.

Anways, they all go to a bar on Sundays there to get together.  He said they had great wings and a bunch of appetizer specials.  I guess the group of guys there are all super friendly and welcoming.

The place if I remember right is called The Blue Oyester.

https://gfycat.com/accurateforkedislandwhistler-police-academy
Reply/Quote
You shouldn't have a problem finding a B-dubs or Buffalo Wings and rings. Just ask them to put the game on and they probably will.

Edit: Add Applebee's to the list.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 09:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im getting no love here.. i thought a few of you drink and travel..lol.. maybe we don;t have any Bengal Fans on the Jungle from Houston...

I live in Houston, and the best place to find bars is around Minute Maid park.  You don't want to be wandering around town in and around the football stadium area.

However, Houston and Texas are still on lockdown.  So bars will be social distancing, and I'd be surprised if fans are allowed in the stadium.

But again, the area and bars around Minute Maid park are much nicer/safer.  East downtown is up and coming.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for advice but we have tickets now and going to game..Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2020, 06:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Thanks for advice but we have tickets now and going to game..Who Dey

Hey man, I am going to the game sunday as well. Im not from Houston, I currently live in los angeles but moving to Houston soon as I am getting a house built there, so I am constantly going back and forth. Luckily this weekend I will be there when the Bengals are there.

I was wondering why you said you couldn't get tickets for the game. Seen many of them on seatgeek, I haven't bought mine yet, I usually buy closer to game time but I will be there.

Maybe we can find a pre game spot to go to, would love to meet a fellow bengals fan. This is only my second day on this forum lol....long time viewer but new to posting. Let me know.

Who dey!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 01:54 PM)Stewy Wrote: I live in Houston, and the best place to find bars is around Minute Maid park.  You don't want to be wandering around town in and around the football stadium area.

However, Houston and Texas are still on lockdown.  So bars will be social distancing, and I'd be surprised if fans are allowed in the stadium.

But again, the area and bars around Minute Maid park are much nicer/safer.  East downtown is up and coming.

why is this? just curious. I thought both the stadiums are both around the same area.
Reply/Quote
You said you got tickets and you're going, but it's really fun to find Bengals bars in faraway places.

For me, it was during the 7 years I lived in southern Cali. The Bengals bar was in Pasadena. It was absolutely taken over with Bengals fans to see them play the Steelers back in 2011 (they lost bad). Lots of jerseys and excitement, and someone even brought Skyline for everybody to enjoy buffet style.
Reply/Quote
I moved to Houston over a year ago and live out in the suburbs in Spring but I haven't really seen or heard of any Bengal heavy bars. I have a few friends who live downtown and used to go down a bit but have only met a few other Cincinnati fans and that was at a sports bar near where I live. Harris County (downtown) has been a bit more intense with the shut downs compared to other counties outside the city. Compared to Ohio though it's still less intense and not nearly the same precautions at most places.

Once idea might be to check on Facebook or something though for somewhere after the game. The Football Stadium is a ways outside of downtown compared to the Baseball Stadium though.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2020, 06:34 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: why is this? just curious. I thought both the stadiums are both around the same area.

No.  Not really.  

Minute Maid is East Downtown which is in the area of the George R Brown convention Center, with the whole area having heavy re-development in the last decade.

The football stadium is on the edge of the Medical Center, and that area is very dangerous during ANY evening.  Heavy on crime, homeless and drugs.

Go NorthNorthEast from the football stadium and you're in Rice village and the Museum distract.  Both nice areas.  Slightly further NorthEast you cross into downtown and will eventually get to the Baseball stadium.  Wander East, South or West of the football stadium at night, and you better be sure to have a will made out.

Houston has no zoning, so going from million dollar homes to slums can happen over a block area.  You can put a church beside a strip club.....which is a reality in some places.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 10:07 PM)Stewy Wrote: No.  Not really.  

Minute Maid is East Downtown which is in the area of the George R Brown convention Center, with the whole area having heavy re-development in the last decade.

The football stadium is on the edge of the Medical Center, and that area is very dangerous during ANY evening.  Heavy on crime, homeless and drugs.

Go NorthNorthEast from the football stadium and you're in Rice village and the Museum distract.  Both nice areas.  Slightly further NorthEast you cross into downtown and will eventually get to the Baseball stadium.  Wander East, South or West of the football stadium at night, and you better be sure to have a will made out.

Houston has no zoning, so going from million dollar homes to slums can happen over a block area.  You can put a church beside a strip club.....which is a reality in some places.

Scarface and Willie D of the Ghetto Boys must live over by the football stadium... Or is my mind playin' tricks on me?

Sorry... That was awful.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote