Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Bears PFF Recap
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-2-game-recap-chicago-bears-20-cincinnati-bengals-17

Some takeaways:
- Mixon gained 69 yards on 20 rush attempts, 60 of which came after contact(!!)
- Boyd was the leading receiver from a PFF grading perspective - 79.8
- All 5 OL unofficially earned overall grades below 65.0
- Spain and Hopkins did not allow a sack
- Spain didn't allow any pressure on Burrow, giving him a pass-blocking efficiency of 100.0
- 7 of 8 DL earned run defense grades of 60+
- Logan Wilson only allowed 10 total yards in coverage
- Hilton and Bell only allowed 18 yards together in coverage
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-2-game-recap-chicago-bears-20-cincinnati-bengals-17

Some takeaways:

Some people here are putting blame on Mixon saying he’s one of the problems with the offense

I want some of that crack they’re smoking
Reply/Quote
Mixon had a bunch of YAC? Impossible. I was told he sucks and is just “2 yards and a cloud of dust.”

I thought Spain played pretty well in pass protection, so I’m glad to see the numbers back that up. The other 4 were pretty bad.

Reply/Quote
Does PFF have a grade for game plan and there impact it has on everyone else?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Some people here are putting blame on Mixon saying he’s one of the problems with the offense

Completely agree frank, can’t blame mixon one bit.

Would like to see more Evans though if possible over Perine. Perine brings basically nothing to the table IMO.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: Does PFF have a grade for game plan and there impact it has on everyone else?

There was a game plan ? Shocked
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: Does PFF have a grade for game plan and there impact it has on everyone else?

I've not seen such a thing, but I don't pay for the top tier access to know.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

They did.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkJM-Yn9Ra8tL3Lm1pHNc...w&usqp=CAU]

Reply/Quote
The only thing perine brings is pass blocking. Mixon can’t seem to do it. But I’d like to see Evans more also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
It is the basic weakness with PFF - the ratings assume at least a rational game plan. This brain dead plan let the Bears put 8 in the box most of the game. The logical response is max protect and send your three top WRs out deep - never tried. We also did WAY too much empty backfield which again is setting the offense up to fail when the defense has 8+ up like the Bears did.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-2-game-recap-chicago-bears-20-cincinnati-bengals-17

Some takeaways:
- Spain didn't allow any pressure on Burrow, giving him a pass-blocking efficiency of 100.0

I like Spain. IDK if anyone noticed today, but when dude hit Burrow out of bounds: Quiton was quick to come over and give dude the business. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Some takeaways:
I wonder how they come up with all these. Just watching the first series again because I'm bored and the very 1st sack of the game was basically caused by Spain getting rode back so far that he cut off Williams and his guy went on the other side of Spain for the sack. Now maybe you put that sack on Jonah because they're suppose to switch but it's kind of hard to do if he's getting ran back immediately. But Spain definitely gave up a pressure.
So I watched it again and there was no switching. Spain should be credited for the 1st sack on Burrow.
Reply/Quote
XSF was the weakest link today, but Williams had a bad game as well. Rieff wasnt stellar at all and Hopkins wasnt very good either. Spain has been solid for us. I want to see more Carmen. Maybe some Hill.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Completely agree frank, can’t blame mixon one bit.

Can certainly blame him at least one bit when it comes to pass blocking.   Sick

I miss Gio. You never really had to think/worry about Gio when he was pass blocking. You just assumed he'd do his job back there. Kind of like how Legs Benedict makes me feel in the kicking game right now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Completely agree frank, can’t blame mixon one bit.

Would like to see more Evans though if possible over Perine. Perine brings basically nothing to the table IMO.

He did miss a block that contributed to the 3rd pick. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:55 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Some people here are putting blame on Mixon saying he’s one of the problems with the offense

It might cost a little more, but after a few hits you forget all about how shitty the OL is and has been for years...ahhh.....la la land......
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 11:50 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: He did miss a block that contributed to the 3rd pick. 

Ah, I had turned off the game after the second pick, perhaps I missed his low point of the game there.
Reply/Quote
Seriously.

Seriously!!

Is Carmen worse than Filo?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:27 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Seriously.

Seriously!!

Is Carmen worse than Filo?

I mean, probably? XSF has been in the league for 8 years, and Carman is learning a new position.

I’m not sure Trey Hill would be worse than Hopkins right now though…

Reply/Quote
xsf and reiff abyssmal. Hopkins Jonah and Spain were solid Xsf and reiff were getting beat constantly all our receivers suck at run blocking.
Reply/Quote