Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals Bench You If You Win
Another banger by that annoying kid from Home Alone.
Reply/Quote
I’m just going to say the picture of Finley smiling in the end zone was amazing.

Ryan started because Brandon was hurt or something. Ryan threw for like 80 yards. He didn’t lose the game
Reply/Quote
Ehhh..Trade Burrow for a 3rd string kicker because why not? We have Findley! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 07:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: HOU had a worse defense than the Bengals, so it's hard to even give credit for that game IMO.

Let's look at his stats in the other 4 games outside of that:
DAL (who had about as bad of a defense as the Bengals) - just 217 yards with 1 TD on 36 pass attempts, but Bengals lost 7-30.
NYG - 58.6% completion, 136 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. 67.6 rating
MIA - 57.9% completion, 153 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. 79.5 rating
BAL - 28.5% completion, 48 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT. 0.0 rating

NYG, MIA, and BAL were all Top 10 defenses in Points Allowed. NYG was 12th in Yards Allowed and BAL was Top 10 in Yards Allowed. MIA was 20th in Yards allowed.

Yeah Allen was pretty bad in every other game, just saying he at least looked good in one game.

Finley didn't look good in the win against the Steelers or any regular season game he has played in.

(03-03-2021, 07:45 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Dude is a journeyman backup playing behind arguably one of the Worst Olines of all time... he did alright for what he was handed. He’s a backup...

Agreed. But we can still get a better backup than Allen and definitely a better one than Finley.
Reply/Quote
Because finley sucks.

He didnt start just one game.

He started a few the previous season when dalton got benched and he was terrible.

Why did they use a 4th round on him?

Hell if I know. Why does that even matter?

Look at all of the first round bust this team has had and we're going to argue on the talent/value of a fourth rounder?

Due won a single game and you want to do what exactly with him? And why does this even matter now?
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 01:02 PM)kevin Wrote: Ryan Finley started in 1 game in 2020 at QB against the Steelers who were huge favorites to win. With Finley at QB, an awful Bengals team won a game, beat The Steelers which is rare, and it might have been a Prime Time Game which Bengals never win.

Then Finley sent to bench. The hype seems to be about Brandon Allen, who doesn't look all that great to me.

So the questions I have are :  Why did Bengals under Zac Taylor draft Finley in the 4th round in 2019 draft ?   Why would you bench same QB after beating The Steelers in Prime Time ?

I think there is one rule starting to show up on Bengals. DON'T WIN.  If you WIN, you get Benched.  This is a team with one goal, LOSE EVERY GAME.

Now some will come on here and say Finley is awful.  If so, why did Bengals use a 4th round pick on him when we needed other draft help ?   Again, the only game he started, he beat The Steelers in Prime Time, and he got sent to the bench because lord knows we don't want to beat the Steelers or anybody else. As Bengals hype Allen, it shows they don't care that Bengals beat Steelers starting Finley.  On Bengals there is one rule, NEVER WIN. If you win, you will be punished.

I can't take this serious enough to answer. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 10:40 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’m just going to say the picture of Finley smiling in the end zone was amazing.

Ryan started because Brandon was hurt or something. Ryan threw for like 80 yards. He didn’t lose the game

He also took some monster hits that game. The guy's a scrub, but credit where credit is due.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 10:39 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Another banger by that annoying kid from Home Alone.

I picture Kevin more like the old man from Home Alone.

Reply/Quote