Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Benefit In Draft From Run On QBs
ESPN saying 4 QBs will be taken first 12 picks with maybe 2 or more others in Round 1 with Steelers and Patriots leaning QB. This means Top Players at other positions will Drop to Bengals in Late 1 and Early 2.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm wondering if any Wideouts will rise up into the 1st round at all. Every year there seems to be one or two wide receivers drafted well earlier than expected. Same for defesive end/olb.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 06:46 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I'm wondering if any Wideouts will rise up into the 1st round at all. Every year there seems to be one or two wide receivers drafted well earlier than expected. Same for defesive end/olb.

We can bank on some teams going WR in 1.  We can also bank on some teams going RB in 1.  There is talk on these boards of a tight end in 1, which Bengals should not do with so much money now into Eifert resigning and Kroft.  So Bengals need Block and Tackle.  I see no reason they don't get extreme talent at Block and Tackle with so many other teams going QB, RB, WR, TE.   If Bengals turn their heads from the store window of these positions and Focus on Block and Tackle, they will get great talent in this draft rounds 1, 2, maybe 3 and 4 at Block and Tackle.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 06:44 PM)kevin Wrote: ESPN saying 4 QBs will be taken first 12 picks with maybe 2 or more others in Round 1 with Steelers and Patriots leaning QB.  This means Top Players at other positions will Drop to Bengals in Late 1 and Early 2.

True, although I don't think it really changes the current "thought" about who will be on the board.  EVERYONE knows/expects that there will be 4 QBs off the board in the top 12 picks.  It really just remains to be seen where Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph come off.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 04:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: True, although I don't think it really changes the current "thought" about who will be on the board.  EVERYONE knows/expects that there will be 4 QBs off the board in the top 12 picks.  It really just remains to be seen where Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph come off.

The run on QB's will happen so much before the Bengals pick that it will have little to no effect on us.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
They gave the Steelers a QB early?

Wonder if they think this is Ben's last season or if they'll even trade him after the draft?
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 04:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: True, although I don't think it really changes the current "thought" about who will be on the board.  EVERYONE knows/expects that there will be 4 QBs off the board in the top 12 picks.  It really just remains to be seen where Lamar Jackson and Mason Rudolph come off.

I know this would make heads explode, but if the Ravens or Cardinals let Lamar Jackson slide, I can see the Bengals grabbing him in round 1, then take their center in round 2.

Jackson would not be my choice, but I could see someone thinking he is the next Cam Newton
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 05:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know this would make heads explode, but if the Ravens or Cardinals let Lamar Jackson slide, I can see the Bengals grabbing him in round 1, then take their center in round 2.

Jackson would not be my choice, but I could see someone thinking he is the next Cam Newton

Well, if they're not gonna draft a C in the first, since they won't be getting one in the second, due to the other two top C's being already taken, it might as well be Jackson, who is adept at running for his life.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think the QB run is all media hype; I see three teams that will for sure draft QBs Browns, Jets, and Bills. I think there teams that could consider it but more than likely would want to draft the BPA amongst there needs rather than having to draft a QB and make him sit for a year or 2 behind a proven QB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote