Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Big Board
Each year I like to put together a Bengals Big Board that lists who I think would be a top 25 for the Bengals to draft based on not only the talent of the player but also a position of need or a soon to be position of need. I don't include things like QB for this year because right now we have Dalton and McCarron so there isn't a need. I also don't see Offensive Tackle as a need for the first round so I don't list any of that position along with a few others based on what we already have on the roster. Feel free to post your own big board in this thread as well.

1. Joey Bosa (Defensive End) Ohio State

2. Deforest Buckner (Defensive End) Oregon

3. Jalen Ramsey (Safety) Florida State

4. Myles Jack (Linebacker) UCLA

5. Laquon Treadwell (Wide Receiver) Ole Miss

6. Darron Lee (Linebacker) Ohio State

7. Vernon Hargreaves (Cornerback) Florida

8. Shaq Lawson (Defensive End) Clemson

9. Mackensie Alexander (Cornerback) Clemson

10. Corey Coleman (Wide Receiver) Baylor

11. Josh Doctson (Wide Receiver) TCU

12. Andrew Billings (Defensive Tackle) Baylor

13. Leonard Floyd (Linebacker) Georgia

14. Jarron Reed (Defensive Tackle) Alabama

15. Kevin Dodd (Defensive End) Clemson

16. Michael Thomas (Wide Receiver) Ohio State

17. Robert Nkemdiche (Defensive Tackle) Ole Miss

18. Noah Spence (Defensive End) Eastern Kentucky

19. Vernon Butler (Defensive Tackle) Louisiana Tech

20. Emmanual Ogbah (Defensive End) Oklahoma State

21. Sheldon Rankins (Defensive Tackle) Louisville

22. A'Shawn Robinson (Defensive Tackle) Alabama

23. Ryan Kelly (Center) Alabama

24. Eli Apple (Cornerback) Ohio State

25. Will Fuller (Wide Receiver) Notre Dame
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Word is that Thomas is the top receiver on our board, so you'd have to move him up.

Can't really argue too much with the rest but I didn't go over it in too much detail.
Reply/Quote
I don't see how Thomas would be in the 1st round, let alone in the top 20.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 12:55 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't see how Thomas would be in the 1st round, let alone in the top 20.

a lot of people see him as one of the top route runners in the draft, sneaky athletic, good after the catch, and only had 5 drops in his last 2 seasons.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 01:19 AM)fozzie11 Wrote: a lot of people see him as one of the top route runners in the draft, sneaky athletic, good after the catch, and only had 5 drops in his last 2 seasons.

That's how I see him and that's exactly why I keep having us taking him in my mocks.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 09:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Word is that Thomas is the top receiver on our board, so you'd have to move him up.

Can't really argue too much with the rest but I didn't go over it in too much detail.

This is more about how I would have these players ranked based on what I think of their talent along with positions of need. I have Thomas as the 4th best WR and while I would take Treadwell, Coleman, or Doctson before him, I would honestly be happy about any of the 4. I think you put any of those four guys in this offense with AJ Green and Tyler Eifert and this offense keeps on rolling.
Reply/Quote
Will be looking at this while the draft occurs.

Thanks.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I would love to trade back this year and be able to pick up an extra 3rd or a 4th rounder. I think we could still get a quality DE/DT and get 2 WR's before the 4th round. Imagine this:

1) trade back to end of first rd: William Jackson CB- Houston 6'0 195
2) Sheldon Day-DE/DT- Notre Dame 6'1 295
3) Pharoah Cooper WR- South Carolina 5'11 200
4)  Miles Killebrew-S-Southern Utah 6'2 215
4) Rashard Higgins-WR Colorado State 6'1 200

Jackson gives us a nice slot guy to groom this year for possible departures next year, Day gives us another penetrating DT to team inside with Atkins, Cooper and Higgins give us nice slot options/ #2's to make this offense explosive and gives us great depth, While Killebrew gives us a solid backup and quality special teamer at a position of need.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 12:26 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I would love to trade back this year and be able to pick up an extra 3rd or a 4th rounder. I think we could still get a quality DE/DT and get 2 WR's before the 4th round. Imagine this:

1) trade back to end of first rd: William Jackson CB- Houston 6'0 195
2) Sheldon Day-DE/DT- Notre Dame 6'1 295
3) Pharoah Cooper WR- South Carolina 5'11 200
4)  Miles Killebrew-S-Southern Utah 6'2 215
4) Rashard Higgins-WR Colorado State 6'1 200

Jackson gives us a nice slot guy to groom this year for possible departures next year, Day gives us another penetrating DT to team inside with Atkins, Cooper and Higgins give us nice slot options/ #2's to make this offense explosive and gives us great depth, While Killebrew gives us a solid backup and quality special teamer at a position of need.

I am hoping for a trade back as well. Especially if Michael Thomas is their top WR. Trade back and pick up another 3rd or 4th round pick and then take Thomas if he is their guy. Thought that is what they should have done with Ogbuehi last year. They could have traded back since Ogbuehi and Fisher were high on their board and still landed one or both while accumulating more picks. Then maybe they would have actually drafted a Wide Receiver to groom since we all knew that Jones or Sanu or possibly both (which happened) would be gone after this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 01:26 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I am hoping for a trade back as well. Especially if Michael Thomas is their top WR. Trade back and pick up another 3rd or 4th round pick and then take Thomas if he is their guy. Thought that is what they should have done with Ogbuehi last year. They could have traded back since Ogbuehi and Fisher were high on their board and still landed one or both while accumulating more picks. Then maybe they would have actually drafted a Wide Receiver to groom since we all knew that Jones or Sanu or possibly both (which happened) would be gone after this year.

I think they tried to but had no takers
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 05:38 PM)3wt Wrote: I think they tried to but had no takers

Arizona wanted to trade up to take Dupree. The Bengals didn't feel that they could get Cedric at 24.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 11:03 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Will be looking at this while the draft occurs.

Thanks.

To me,no no to will fuller,dude has small hands,is to fraile will get killed in our division,the only reason  he is listed in the top five wrs he is fast.first time he goes over the middle and gets clobbered,he will be on ir.I so want Micheal Thomas,he will be a force opposite af.Otherwise this is an excellent draft.I love all the rest.good job,man.
Reply/Quote
I am hoping Ryan Kelly falls to us and we grab him.

Not sexy but man we would have one hell of an O-line.

Don't want Fuller at 24. Would take Coleman, Doctson, Treadwell, Thomas, Shepard all before Fuller.

Fuller is fast for sure but he is much more raw than all these guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 02:13 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: To me,no no to will fuller,dude has small hands,is to fraile will get killed in our division,the only reason  he is listed in the top five wrs he is fast.first time he goes over the middle and gets clobbered,he will be on ir.I so want Micheal Thomas,he will be a force opposite af.Otherwise this is an excellent draft.I love all the rest.good job,man.

I barely included him on this list. Probably should have just put Boyd over him as the 5th best WR.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 03:18 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: I barely included him on this list. Probably should have just put Boyd over him as the 5th best WR.

There is talk we are taking Vonn Bell-safety from Ohio state because we lost Reggie Nelson.Now I would not hate that pick,but with all these great D-linemen available I would HOPE they go for a DT with the first.I am stoked to say that any of these dudes I am listing would come in and be a dominate force next to Geno Atkins,which to me we so so need.Gotta fix our D-line first.Last year they addressed the O-line,this year they should take care of our D-line and try to make it a top defense.It ALWAYS starts with your line folks,and if they wait until the second or third to get a top D-lineman they will be picking over whats left. I love ANDREW BILLINGS-BAYLOR,,JARRON REED-ALABAMA,,ROBERT NKEMDICHE-OLE MISS,,VERNON BUTLER--LOUISIANA,,A'SHAWN ROBINSON-ALABAMA,,OR SHELDON RANKINS FROM LOUIEVILLE.Draft one of these dudes they go get your WR,SAFETY,LINEBACKER OR DE.Lastly try to get a top center in this draft to push Bodine.If we want to win and win big,we need another dominate D-lineman.Mark it down,gotta get us a top lineman FIRST.

Then I would take Michael Thomas,wr,Ohio state,and maybe somewhere grab Kolby Listenbee from TCU.He is going to be a good receiver along with Michael.He is tall,fast and tough,plays with no fear and fights for everything.Charone Peaks from Clemson is also a stud wr.6ft 2in 210lbs-ran a 4.37 at his pro-day.

Safeties I like besides Vonn Bell and I would take him in a flash in the second or third.
Reply/Quote
I think we absolutely have to go Dline in the first round this year!! it is loaded with solid prospects and we need to get younger in the middle next to Atkins, if we can apply pressure it opens up the rest of the defense to shutdown the opposing offense. I'm hoping that "our bpa" guy is there when we pick, the only guy I like not D-line right now is William Jackson-CB, he looks like a solid future probowler!! My ideal first 4 rounds:

1) A'shawn Robinson(bama) or Vernon Butler(La.tech) DT's.....fall back Jackson CB (Houston)
---any of these guys fill a huge need and one should be there.

2) Tyler Boyd (pitt) WR or Sheldon Day (ND) DT or Ryan Kelly(Bama) C
---maybe one falls to us all fills a need

3) Vonn Bell (OSU) S or Miles Killebrew (S.Utah) S or Pharoah Cooper (SC) WR
---these are depth moves here possible future starters.

4) Kenyatta Garriss (Tulsa) WR or Justin Simmons (BC) S or Rashard Higgins (Colo.St) WR
---again moves to strengthen depth, but possible future starters.

12 guys above listed, I would love to get any of the 4 in current rounds, of course I would only get 1 safety, 2 wr's max!!
Reply/Quote
I don’t know if I’d have Thomas so high, but hopefully if they want him, they try to move down and get more value. The only other issue I’d have with this list is Floyd. Not sure he is a system fit and I’m not sure he’s a top 25 player even if he was. I just hope somebody else takes him.

It will be interesting after the top 7 or 8, opinions are so varied on players I think the next 20 picks after that are going to be a scrum. Someone juicy is going to slip through, and I’m not so sure it isn’t going to be Treadwell. There is enough talent on the board, I can see teams shying away from taking a guy with speed question marks for someone more flashy (I don’t agree with that, but still).

Have we ruled out Jaylon Smith? Haven’t seen any news on his recheck yet, but if Dr.’s think he has a decent chance of coming back, I’d say he shoots up to the top five of the Bengals Big Board even if he has to sit a year.

I like the big board though. There’s an interesting blog post at NFLtintedorange.blogspot.com with a big board if anyone’s interested. He mocks out the top ten to take out the guys that definitely won’t be available for Cincy (and to take out a few of the OT’s). It’s kind of nice, it makes for a more streamlined list.
Reply/Quote
I really hope we trade back 5-6 spots and secure another 3rd round pick or at least a 4th.
Reply/Quote