Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Billboard on Pete Rose Way
Some of the members of the Bengals reddit have formed a gofundme to get a billboard placed on Pete Rose Way with high visibility that would help voice our frustrations with this team "respectfully"

We have received a quote for a Billboard on Pete Rose Way for 4 weeks at $1380 and as of this morning we already have $310 towards our goal!

The ad would run 12/4 - 12/31

FUNDRAISING PAGE UP https://www.gofundme.com/4yac4-bengals-billboard-on-pete-rose-way

Please help spread the word!

Edit: Here's the post on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/7bgsa4/gofundme_page_for_the_billboard_need_1380_for_a_4/
Found that some "disgruntled fan" put up a reddit account that was observed from Fox 19 in Cincy. Evidently they've created a GoFundme page to fire marv (along with other options you can vote on).

I'm putting 20 on it.
Reply/Quote
Maybe I'm missing something here, but why is the billboard going to be addressing a man who has been dead for over 25 years?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nately120 Wrote:Maybe I'm missing something here, but why is the billboard going to be addressing a man who has been dead for over 25 years?

Design isn't finalized yet, there will be a vote on submissions. Submissions are due 11/12 so the design will be finalized after that
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:16 AM)nkets Wrote: Design isn't finalized yet, there will be a vote on submissions. Submissions are due 11/12 so the design will be finalized after that

So you aren't sure if you are going to address the billboard to the owner of the Bengals or a dead man?  Not trying to sound like a jerk, so good luck either way!
Reply/Quote
Nately120 Wrote:So you aren't sure if you are going to address the billboard to the owner of the Bengals or a dead man?  Not trying to sound like a jerk, so good luck either way!

I have nothing to do with the design and yes it being addressed to Paul Brown is/would be dumb. Just spreading the word here
Reply/Quote
Because the hire a GM billboards worked so well last time?

Reply/Quote
People are free to waste their money however they see fit.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 01:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: People are free to waste their money however they see fit.

Total waste of money. Nothing gets through to Mike Brown, he runs HIS team how he sees fit. The only thing that will change Mike Brown's ways is when the grim reaper comes a callin'.
Reply/Quote
Who Dey Revolution had a good thing going back in 2008 with billboards and urinal cakes (in PBS restrooms) calling for a GM. They even flew a plane over Bengals training camp. Unfortunately, the 2009 season kinda killed that movement, and the website.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 04:06 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Total waste of money. Nothing gets through to Mike Brown, he runs HIS team how he sees fit. The only thing that will change Mike Brown's ways is when the grim reaper comes a callin'.

Pffft. Like Mike Brown is going to let Death change the way he runs the Bengals.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 04:06 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Total waste of money. Nothing gets through to Mike Brown, he runs HIS team how he sees fit. The only thing that will change Mike Brown's ways is when the grim reaper comes a callin'.

I still donated 10 dollars. That's how sick and tired I am of this non-sense. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
A Fire Marvin Billboard would be like having a papercut and a gunshot wound...and treating the papercut.
Reply/Quote
While I have no problem supporting the movement, it won't do shit. Mike Brown gives zero ***** about Bengals fans. If people haven't learned that by now, they never will. As long as that worthless piece of shit continues making profit from the NFL, nothing will change.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 04:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Pffft. Like Mike Brown is going to let Death change the way he runs the Bengals.  Mellow

Suddenly your GhostBusters avitar makes even more sense. You're preparing to protect the team from the ghost of Mike Brown!
Reply/Quote
With how stubborn Bengals management are...a billboard may make them dig their heels in more and refuse to change and even possibly keep Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 11:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With how stubborn Bengals management are...a billboard may make them dig their heels in more and refuse to change and even possibly keep Marvin.

He'll take a picture of it with his Polaroid and put it in the little plexiglass picture cube on his desk of the other billboards he laughed at but was not fazed by.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Instead of a billboard, why not just initiate that classy, tried and true Bengal fan tradition of throwing garbage on his lawn?? Maybe like the other victims, MB will leave town too...and it's free!

Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 01:01 AM)BMK Wrote: Instead of a billboard, why not just initiate that classy, tried and true Bengal fan tradition of throwing garbage on his lawn?? Maybe like the other victims, MB will leave town too...and it's free!

Sarcasm

Or they could put or we are coming for marvins lawn on it
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 09:47 PM)Ravage Wrote: Suddenly your GhostBusters avitar makes even more sense. You're preparing to protect the team from the ghost of Mike Brown!

"Grab your stick!"
"HOLDIN'!"
"Heat 'em up!"
"SMOKIN'!"
"Make 'em hard!"
"READY!"
"Let's show this prehistoric [son of a legendary football coach] how we do things downton. THROW IT!"
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 12:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: "Grab your stick!"
"HOLDIN'!"
"Heat 'em up!"
"SMOKIN'!"
"Make 'em hard!"
"READY!"

[Image: tumblr_inline_mm6pheBhOX1qz4rgp.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote