Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals @ Bills predictions
(09-16-2019, 08:31 PM)WhoDey Wrote: Bengals 15-13. Bullock goes 5-5 on fg's. Hit's a game winner in the face of a brutal wind from 59 yards.

I laughed.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Bills 37 - Bengals 9

Bullock gets 3 FGs but misses 4. 1 TD by Boyd nullified by a holding penalty. A rare 25 yard run by Mixon denied by another penalty. Andy burns 2 TDs, one by being thrown behind a wide open Ross and another to the ankles of a wide open TOWER Eifert.

Cringe-worthy effect: Zac high fiving the team with a Bullock FG with 1:20 remaining in the clock.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:25 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Bullock gets 3 FGs but misses 4.

7 FG attempts in one game?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I like to make positive Bengals Predictions. The problem is NEW DEY is starting with a lack of talent and many injuries. The Bengals played 2-0 Seattle, 2-0 San Francisco and now 2-0 Buffalo. Bengals are 0-2. I don't know how they will Block or Tackle ???

I will predict that no matter what, I am not going to want the head coach fired his first season. It takes more than 1 year to rebuild a team as awful as the 2018 Bengals were.

So GO BENGALS this week. I don't know where the blocking is suppose to come from, But GO BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Week 1 Bengals show up and kicks Buffalo ass!
Reply/Quote
Bills 23
Bengals 13

Not falling for any expectations until proven otherwise.
Reply/Quote
Can't get a bead on this team after the first two weeks. If we play like we did against the Seahawks we win.

If we play like we did against the Niners, we lose big time. Thinking somewhere in between unless this team
responds in a good way so I went....

Bills - 27
Bengals - 24

Plus, usually when I have picked against us we win and pick us to win we lose. Just been that way.

Don't know why.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 11:41 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Week 1 Bengals show up and kicks Buffalo ass!

Should happen if that team shows up.

Just such a drastic difference in the first two weeks I don't know what to think right now.
Reply/Quote
Well, I look at both teams the Bengals lost too.

Since 2007 98 teams have started 2-0 in the NFL.

You generally have about a 60% chance to make the playoffs.

Chances are that at least 2 of the 3 teams the Bengals have faced likely are Playoff teams. As all 3 have started 2-0.

Under the current playoff format adopted in 1990, only 30 of 238 teams that started out 0-2 recovered to reach the playoffs.

That's just 12.6 percent of teams.

Let's also be honest here. The Bill's are on the flip side they have faced arguably two of the worst teams.

If the Bengals were to face either the Jets or Giants this week they would be favorite to win either game.

The Bill's are looking to go 3-0 and prove they belong among the elite teams and the Bengals are trying to prove week 1 wasn't a aberration.

As good as the teams the Bengals have faced, is as bad as the teams the Bill's have faced.

The Bills have allowed 22 total pressures in 85 pass blocking snaps with 10 pressures being hits on the quarterback (five sacks and five hits allowed).

That works well with our strength on defense, pinning our ears back and attacking.

But they have all the momentum and sometimes that can make players play a lot better and they're home and are likely coming out like they’re emperors of the Empire State!

I think the Bengals are able pull off a victory this week though.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I have no prediction, but I pretty much am resigned to the Bengals not doing enough positive things to win and making enough mistakes to ensure a loss.

At this point last season the team was 2-0 on combined points of 68-46 and Mixon had 179 yards rushing. This season they are 0-2 on combined points of 62-37 and Mixon can't buy a block. And the opponents this season haven't been better than the ones we started out against last season.

If ZT has any coaching magic it needs to show up this week. All those passing yards aren't producing the points.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 10:04 AM)michaelsean Wrote: There is really no objective reason to believe the Bengals win. 

Way to early to make a statement like that.

Bills have beaten two 0-2 teams.

Bengals have lost to two 2-0 teams.

Josh Allen has a career 70.8 passer rating and a losing record as a starter.  Russell Wilson has a career 100.9 passer rating and .680 winning percentage.  Jimmy Garoppolo has a career 98.2 rating and a .833 winning percentage.

29-26 Bengals
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 10:04 AM)michaelsean Wrote: There is really no objective reason to believe the Bengals win.  Could they win?  Sure.  Sometimes teams that shouldn't win, win. But picking them to win is wishful thinking, not a real prediction.
I am predicting 31Bills and 0 for the Bengals.They will get shut out in Buffalo and Zac will be ticked off.I see maybe 6 wins this season as he needs a ton of new players and it might take 3-4 years of drafting to get a championship team.Number 96-Carlos Dunlap gets manhandled most all game and he gets home once in a while.I see them playing harder than against the niners,but Buffalo is a much better team and it will show and their rook qb is someone I wanted them to draft.He has a cannon for an arm and our secondary will be exposed big time.Its going to be ugly.I am working all day sunday,and will tape the game.so tired of all the losing every year.I just want wins,just win baby.I do not care how you get it done,just do it. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 02:30 PM)Trademark Wrote: 42-7 Bills

Josh Allen runs for 200 yards and throws for 400

You aren't always right, but at least you are consistent.

(09-01-2019, 10:56 AM)Trademark Wrote: Seahawks: 42
Bengals: 3

Dalton is sacked a record high 20 times
Reply/Quote
Mixon and Eifert have a great game. The Bengals are due for a win. Bengals 27 Bills 21
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Bills 24 Bengals 13
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 11:36 AM)kevin Wrote: I will predict that no matter what, I am not going to want the head coach fired his first season.   It takes more than 1 year to rebuild a team as awful as the 2018 Bengals were.  

God, I hope not. I say no matter what, give ZT at least 3 seasons before even thinking about kicking him to the curb. 

Then again, this is the same team that kept Marv around 10 seasons longer than they should have. ZT could probably have consecutive 0-16 seasons and MB would still be reluctant to fire him.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 08:31 PM)WhoDey Wrote: Bengals 15-13. Bullock goes 5-5 on fg's. Hit's a game winner in the face of a brutal wind from 59 yards.

Is it a 59 yarder, in 59 mph winds, with 59 seconds to go?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Josh Allen and old man Frank Gore run wild. Bengals pound the rock for 40 yards.

Bills 31
Bengals 17
Reply/Quote
Bengals play better, but poor OL play leads to turnovers and a loss.

Bills 23
Bengals 20

Bengals get one step closer to trading Dalton and AJ (once he is healthy) prior to the trade deadline. All is takes is a true contender's #! QB going down and Bengals starting 0-6 or 1-5

Teams That would trade for AD if QB went down:

Pats
KC (I know it sound crazy but Chiefs have pieces to win it all and AD could be traded by then in off season).
Rams (Taylor connection)
Saints - If they can stay in contention and Bridgewater is average)

A trade for AD in 2019 works for a lot of teams, he has a friendly contract and they can trade him in off season to get back some of the compensation they gave the Bengals

Bengals motivation -
1. Draft Herber or Tua if pick is top 2 which it can easily be if we trade AD and start 1-5 or 0-6
2. Get rid of some 2019 cap and salary to use in 2020 and beyond
3. If team starts 1-5 or worse, they need a rebuild so why not start gutting the team prior to the 2019 trade deadline starting with AD

I like AD and always have, but if we are years away, why not get some value for him and draft a QB that will be cap friendly for 4 years minimum.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2019, 11:43 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bengals play better, but poor OL play leads to turnovers and a loss.

Bills 23
Bengals 20

Bengals get one step closer to trading Dalton and AJ (once he is healthy) prior to the trade deadline. All is takes is a true contender's #! QB going down and Bengals starting 0-6 or 1-5

Teams That would trade for AD if QB went down:

Pats
KC (I know it sound crazy but Chiefs have pieces to win it all and AD could be traded by then in off season).
Rams (Taylor connection)
Saints - If they can stay in contention and Bridgewater is average)

A trade for AD in 2019 works for a lot of teams, he has a friendly contract and they can trade him in off season to get back some of the compensation they gave the Bengals

Bengals motivation -
1. Draft Herber or Tua if pick is top 2 which it can easily be if we trade AD and start 1-5 or 0-6
2. Get rid of some 2019 cap and salary to use in 2020 and beyond
3. If team starts 1-5 or worse, they need a rebuild so why not start gutting the team prior to the 2019 trade deadline starting with AD

I like AD and always have, but if we are years away, why not get some value for him and draft a QB that will be cap friendly for 4 years minimum.

He’s probably well below average honestly.

Reply/Quote