Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals/Bills trade
I saw this on a different site....
we trade our pick 12 to Buffalo......
for their pick in rd 1.....#21 & their OT Cordy Glenn

not sure how the points would work out but i'd love this trade.....
we get a solid LT & can pick BPA at 21....
maybe OC Price....?
Reply/Quote
According to "the chart", 12 is worth 1200 and 21 is worth 800. So, gaining a high quality player (albeit injured) in the process, would actually be a great deal for the Bengals.

*disclaimer* I can't believe that I would endorse the Bengals to trade for a Tackle with an injury, after the Cedric Ogbuehi debacle. However, at least Glenn has shown that he is who we thought he is. Dude can play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 11:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: According to "the chart", 12 is worth 1200 and 21 is worth 800.  So, gaining a high quality player (albeit injured) in the process, would actually be a great deal for the Bengals.

*disclaimer*  I can't believe that I would endorse the Bengals to trade for a Tackle with an injury, after the Cedric Ogbuehi debacle.  However, at least Glenn has shown that he is who we thought he is.  Dude can play.
the Bengals have a lot of options....
but more than likely they'll stay at 12 & pick one of the OT.s....
& I would be fine w/ that.....

but if they took Lamar Jackson at 12 then went OT in rd 2 i'd be fine w/ that too....
I just love the draft......
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 11:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: According to "the chart", 12 is worth 1200 and 21 is worth 800.  So, gaining a high quality player (albeit injured) in the process, would actually be a great deal for the Bengals.

*disclaimer*  I can't believe that I would endorse the Bengals to trade for a Tackle with an injury, after the Cedric Ogbuehi debacle.  However, at least Glenn has shown that he is who we thought he is.  Dude can play.

Yeah, even with the injury i would be for it though as you say. Dude can play, he is proven.

We could then take a Center at 21 and our O-line is instantly better.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2018, 05:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, even with the injury i would be for it though as you say. Dude can play, he is proven.

We could then take a Center at 21 and our O-line is instantly better.

now that Price has an injury there's not a center worth the 21 slot.....
at 21 i'd pick OG Hernandez.....
he's a mauler.....
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 10:28 AM)Steve Wrote: now that Price has an injury there's not a center worth the 21 slot.....
he's a mauler.....

Seen James Daniels mocked right around 21 once.

I actually like Frank Ragnow just as much as Price or Daniels myself. We just desperately need a good Center.

Guard is not as big of a need even though i really like Hernandez and would be happy with the pick.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 11:38 PM)Steve Wrote: I saw this on a different site....

maybe OC Price....?

The chart went by the wayside with the imposition of the rookie wage scale.

You can still do the exercise of looking it up, but the clubs no longer find the points awarded to each pick to be relevant.

If the wage scale should stick on the next CBA, I would expect someone will figure out new values.

If it gets tossed on the next CBA, then I presume Jimmy's original will come back into favor.

Until then though, it's all a crap shoot.
Reply/Quote
I think if the Bills trade up it will be a huge deal with the Colts to get one of the top 4 QBs. I think that will depend on if Barkley is off the table by then. I can't see the Colts trading down to pass up on Barkley but if the Browns draft a QB at number 1 Barkley is most likely going to get drafted by the Giants. I don't think the Bills will trade up with the Bengals when 3 or 4 of the highly ranked QBs will probably be selected before the 12th pick. Maybe if the Browns sign McCarron and then don't draft a QB in the first round, which they shouldn't in that case. So maybe the Bills trade with the Bengals if a QB is still available to get ahead of Arizona. A lot still hinges on free agency and where Cousins lands. If the Broncos manage to steal him away from the Vikings where it seems he is headed as of now, the Bills may try to trade up with the Broncos to get ahead of the Jets.

tl;dr I don't think the Bengals draft position is of enough value for the Bills to trade up with them. That could change depending on what happens in free agency. If the Browns sign McCarron and draft players at other positions at 1 (perhaps Barkley) and 4 this could change things significantly. It will be interesting to see what happens with Cousins and McCarron in free agency because that will shake up the top half of the draft as well.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 07:42 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I think if the Bills trade up it will be a huge deal with the Colts to get one of the top 4 QBs.  I think that will depend on if Barkley is off the table by then.  I can't see the Colts trading down to pass up on Barkley but if the Browns draft a QB at number 1 Barkley is most likely going to get drafted by the Giants.  I don't think the Bills will trade up with the Bengals when 3 or 4 of the highly ranked QBs will probably be selected before the 12th pick.   Maybe if the Browns sign McCarron and then don't draft a QB in the first round, which they shouldn't in that case.  So maybe the Bills trade with the Bengals if a QB is still available to get ahead of Arizona.  A lot still hinges on free agency and where Cousins lands.  If the Broncos manage to steal him away from the Vikings where it seems he is headed as of now, the Bills may try to trade up with the Broncos to get ahead of the Jets.

tl;dr  I don't think the Bengals draft position is of enough value for the Bills to trade up with them.  That could change depending on what happens in free agency. If the Browns sign McCarron and draft players at other positions at 1 (perhaps Barkley) and 4 this could change things significantly.  It will be interesting to see what happens with Cousins and McCarron in free agency because that will shake up the top half of the draft as well.

Think AJM stock has fallen with all the QB's available in FA and looks to be quality in draft pool as well. 

Unless Hue just loves him ? Think he will not get handed the keys to start for a team to start season and will be a back up still somewhere.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 11:38 PM)Steve Wrote: I saw this on a different site....

maybe OC Price....?

Guess you called that one.  I was sure off the mark.  :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
a lot of people are treating glenn like a guy who is riddled with injuries. guy played like every game the first 5 years and really it was just last year that he had the injury problems. as long as they medically don't rush the guy I love it

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2018, 10:28 AM)Steve Wrote: now that Price has an injury there's not a center worth the 21 slot.....
he's a mauler.....

i agree 100%
OG Hernandez at 21
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:53 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Guess you called that one.  I was sure off the mark.  :)

thanks.....
I saw it on another site.....
& I loved the idea.....
at 21 we can get a great OG Hernandez.....

when do the playoff tix go on sale....?
Playoffs....!!!!   
Playoffs...??
Reply/Quote

Man, that was a fantastic idea.  Trading 12 for 21, and acquiring Glenn in the process?  Really opens up the draft a bit.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 07:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Man, that was a fantastic idea.  Trading 12 for 21, and acquiring Glenn in the process?  Really opens up the draft a bit.
I first read this draft scenario on Hobson's site about 10 days ago & loved it......
so I posted it on here for everyone to consider/debate.....

really helps the Bengals BIG TIME imo.......
at 12 it just seemed there wasn't a great pick for us there.....we needed a top shelf LT & in this draft they all seemed a slight reach...

21 suits us much better......& we get a top 10 LT when he's healthy.....
which is almost all the time...
we basicly turn one 1st rd pick into 2.....
plus we give them our 6th rd pick & we get their 5th rd pick.....
is that the cherry on top....? DingDing

way to go Bengals...!!!!! 
Reply/Quote
Lamar Jackson at 21.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 09:02 PM)Beaker Wrote: Lamar Jackson at 21.

Is this team set up for a happy feet, running QB?  I don't think so.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Give me Isaiah Wynn at #21.

Glenn. Boling. (sign/draft someone). Wynn. Fisher.

Offensive line would be SO much more improved.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 09:41 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Give me Isaiah Wynn at #21.

Glenn. Boling. (sign/draft someone). Wynn. Fisher.

Offensive line would be SO much more improved.

Wynn over Hernandez?? Not to me. Maybe for versatility. But just at guard? It's big will imo. I think Wynn or price is there in round 2. So give me Glenn boling price Hernandez fisher. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 02:03 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Wynn over Hernandez?? Not to me. Maybe for versatility. But just at guard? It's big will imo. I think Wynn or price is there in round 2. So give me Glenn boling price Hernandez fisher. 

I would be fine with Hernandez as well, I just like Wynn's flexibility as well.

I would be happy with that offensive line, think that would help the offense tremendously.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote