Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals/Bills trade
Pretty damn awesome this happened. Great job, Ocho and Steve called it.

We usually pick a CB or TE in the 21-24 area though, Gesicki is now a possibility at 21.

Thinking one of Ragnow, Price or Daniels will fall to 46 where we can snatch one of them up.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 08:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pretty damn awesome this happened. Great job, Ocho and Steve called it.

We usually pick a CB or TE in the 21-24 area though, Gesicki is now a possibility at 21.

Thinking one of Ragnow, Price or Daniels will fall to 46 where we can snatch one of them up.

Interesting that you have them listed in that order.  I'm guessing that is your order of preference?  I have the same three guys, but Price listed first.  Yeah, I know he was just injured at the combine.  However, does not appear to be serious.  

When I look at the draft profiles of all 3 of them, Price is the clear cut winner, in my mind.  His only "game flaws" root from being overly aggressive.  When is the last time we have had an interior OL that was considered "overly aggressive"?  Mellow

Seriously, that can be fixed.  He can be taught how to let things happen, if need be.  Personally, I think he's the only one with the power to anchor versus a huge NT in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 08:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pretty damn awesome this happened. Great job, Ocho and Steve called it.

If Denzel ward falls(which I think is entirely possible) then there's no way we pass on him.that secondary would be SICK!! But I don't see us going te first 2 rounds especially when there by all accounts 5 pro bowl caliber tes in this class. I would be INSANELY furious if we passed on big will at 21. I think he is gonna be a Hof type guard. He dominates people with absolutely horrible technique. Ur not supposed to be able to control dlineman with ur hands on the outside shoulders. He' that good.  Think rangow goes late 2 early 3, and I don't like Daniels. Price I believe since he actually has surgery, will be available at our second round pick. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 09:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Interesting that you have them listed in that order.  I'm guessing that is your order of preference?  I have the same three guys, but Price listed first.  Yeah, I know he was just injured at the combine.  However, does not appear to be serious.  

When I look at the draft profiles of all 3 of them, Price is the clear cut winner, in my mind.  His only "game flaws" root from being overly aggressive.  When is the last time we have had an interior OL that was considered "overly aggressive"?  Mellow

Seriously, that can be fixed.  He can be taught how to let things happen, if need be.  Personally, I think he's the only one with the power to anchor versus a huge NT in the NFL.

Price is my #1 prospect for us at 21 right now, unless someone significant drops.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 09:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Interesting that you have them listed in that order.  I'm guessing that is your order of preference?  I have the same three guys, but Price listed first.  Yeah, I know he was just injured at the combine.  However, does not appear to be serious.  

Right now I have them ranked: Daniels > Ragnow > Price.

Daniels has everything you want in a Center and he's only 20 so he's still growing into that 6'3 frame. I'm not worried about his "core strength" because most lineman need to work on that coming out of college. Once he's drafted a team like the Bengals would give him his diet and workout schedule while putting him in a place like Ignition.

I view Ragnow and Price as very similar prospects both are smooth athletes but not quick they have the size to play either RG or C. Both played at a high level in the bigger conferences (Big 10, SEC).

I had Price above Ragnow due to injury before now I have Ragnow above Price for that same reason. Both Daniels and Ragnow will likely be able to lift and build their body to get ready for 2018 season. Price with his recent peck injury won't.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Yeah, i honestly liked Price more than Ragnow before the pectoral tear and might still even.

But these are the guys i want. Don't think Daniels fits the heavy, aggressive, physical, nasty scheme Pollack wants to run.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i honestly liked Price more than Ragnow before the pectoral tear and might still even.

But these are the guys i want. Don't think Daniels fits the heavy, aggressive, physical, nasty scheme Pollack wants to run.

I don't think it's scheme as much as type of player that Daniels would potentially be playing against in our division.  Iowa was a run first, short passing, ball control sort of offense.  But, Daniels struggled with large NTs in his face.

I'm with you, still like Price best, but also think Ragnow is also cut out for the mean and gritty sort of trench warfare in this division.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 06:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't think it's scheme as much as type of player that Daniels would potentially be playing against in our division.  Iowa was a run first, short passing, ball control sort of offense.  But, Daniels struggled with large NTs in his face.

I'm with you, still like Price best, but also think Ragnow is also cut out for the mean and gritty sort of trench warfare in this division.

Not as much about scheme you are correct. I just keep going back and forth on Ragnow and Price.

I just like that Ragnow is more likely to be ready come the opener. Both fit what we need, smart, strong, nasty and physical.

Both in the run and passing game.
Reply/Quote
it's possible McGlinchey will be on the board at 21...

so do we pick him over the OG Hernandez...?

at this point I still prefer Hernandez @ 21 but....
McGlinchey would seem to be a much better RT than Fisher, if that was an option...
just seems like Hernandez will be pro bowl caliber, so how do you not draft him @ 21 ??

i'd prefer an OC in rd #2
Price, or Ragnow.....
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 10:32 AM)Steve Wrote: it's possible McGlinchey will be on the board at 21...

so do we pick him over the OG Hernandez...?

at this point I still prefer Hernandez @ 21 but....
McGlinchey would seem to be a much better RT than Fisher, if that was an option...
just seems like Hernandez will be pro bowl caliber, so how do you not draft him @ 21 ??

i'd prefer an OC in rd #2
Price, or Ragnow.....

It is a great question, we need a RT it seems more than a RG though.
Reply/Quote