Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Mock Draft Challenge: April
Bengal Board Mock Draft Challenge is up for April!

There was a 3-way tie for March winners: Essex Johnson, Bfine and Puddycat won March. Nati Bengals would had won but he posted multiple drafts. Try to beat them this month!

Rules are (NO TRADES):

Name your draft site:
PFN https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft
NFL Mock Data Base: https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-draft-simulator
NFL Draft Buzz: https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/simulator

place only one draft from one site per thread per month.

I will pick a winner and you will get reps.
Good Luck!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This simulation is from Mock Draft Database:

1 - 18: Brock Bowers - TE - Georgia - 6'3" 243
Bower was the BPA when the Bengals selected as well as being touted as a generational talent at the TE position. Bowers has elite hands and ability to create after the catch. Winner of the Mackey Award in back to back seasons and his abilities have drawn comparison to George Kittle. As a receiver Bowers possesses outstanding ability to accelerate off of the snap and to carry his speed and acceleration thru the route creating separation from defenders. Elite body control and extremely high football IQ. Bowers will go a long way in elevating the TE position for the Bengals as well as filling the void left in losing Tyler Boyd in free agency.

2 - 49: Braden Fiske - DT - Fla. State - 6'4" 292
Fiske may not have average mass for a DT but he has outstanding quickness off of the snap and plays with 100% motor and effort from whistle to whistle. Outstanding pursuit speed. Fiske is extremely disruptive to the offensive backfield due to his outstanding movement skills and awareness. While having a slight wingspan he has apparently learned to play with this slight deficiency. Fiske has a build that should naturally add more mass. Fiske should be a very disruptive 3 tech that has the ability to slide over to the NT position in passing situations.

3 - 80: Devontez Walker - WR - N. Carolina - 6'1.5" 193
Walker will need to continue to work on his route running ability and improving upon his route tree but what he brings immediately to the field is elite speed that threatens the deep half of the defense. Outstanding body control and has shown improvement in his physicality on contested catches. There is much room for him to improve but he has the elite speed that you just cannot teach. 

3 - 97: Blake Fisher - OT - Notre Dame - 6'6" 310
With the signing of Trent Brown the Bengals do not have to go OT early and getting Fisher at the end of the 3rd is a steal. I believe that Fisher is a RT prospect that would be capable of being a very solid day 1 starter. An AFC personnel exec stated that Fisher is a naturally more talented OT than Alt but that Alt is just more technically sound. Fisher gives the Bengals an extremely solid first tackle off of the bench for '24 and a quality starting caliber RT for '25 and beyond.

4 - 115: Elijah Jones - CB - Boston College - 6'1.5" 185
Jones is a long and fast corner that has been steadily rising up draft boards. The ball skills of Jones blossomed in '23 as he showcased his ability to be a ballhawk for a defense. Has the speed and abilities to play man on the outside and excels in zone coverage where is speed and reaction allow him to create turnovers and defense passes. Should be an outstanding addition to this secondary room with the loss of Awuzie and the uncertainty of Ivey after his late season injury.

5 - 149: Khristian Boyd - DT - N. Iowa - 6'2" 329
Boyd is an FCS prospect that showed up at the Shrine Bowl and dominated the Power Five players that he faced. Extremely strong putting up 38 reps at his pro day. Boyd has played the true NT position in the 3 man front for N. Iowa and consistently has faced and defeated double teams to disrupt the offense and make tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Boyd has continued to rise up boards since his dominating performance at the Shrine Bowl and according to those that know him he is an outstanding leader and locker room presence.

6 - 194: Hunter Nourzad - C - Penn State - 6'3" 317
This is a selection that should help the Bengals prepare for Karras becoming a FA after the '24 season. Hunter played at an extremely high level in a very physical conference. He has the ability to play both center and guard and would add very solid depth at either as well as a starter in '25 and beyond in the middle of this line.

6 - 214: Jase McClellan - RB - Bama - 5'10" 221
I believe this is a great value selection for the Bengals late in the draft and I think McClellan is one of the most underrated RB prospects in the draft. While he may not be elite in any one area he is absolutely solid in virtually every area. He accelerates well thru the hole and while he does not have elite track speed in the open field he has more than enough speed to create big chunk yard plays. He is a good receiver with really natural hands and as well is a pretty decent pass protector. 

7 - 224: Kamal Hadden - CB - Tennessee - 6'1" 196
Having Hadden still sitting here at this point in the draft is a steal for the Bengals. He is a tall, long, and physical corner that has played a lot of big time football against some of the best talent in the nation on a regular basis and has done it at a pretty high level. The CB room needs some quality depth and Hadden adds that a long with starter quality traits and abilities.

7 - 237: Brennan Jackson - DE - Washington St. - 6'4" 264
Jackson is a relentless high motor edge prospect that refuses to be outworked. Jackson plays with very good football strength and generates outstanding power and leverage off of the snap. He needs to continue to develop his pass rush toolbox and learn to play fast but within control but overall right now he is a guy that will make plays with his relentless motor and effort.
Reply/Quote
Unbeatable
[Image: GKWWoGfW0AI7cWe?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
how did you get Newton in 3rd round?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 08:16 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: how did you get Newton in 3rd round?

Maybe there's a medical report that the public is unaware of yet that PFN is privy to?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 08:16 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: how did you get Newton in 3rd round?

I asked myself the same question lol, when he was there in 2nd I skipped him because it was unrealistic, but he lasted to the third so It must be fate lol

Reply/Quote
Mine

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 08:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe there's a medical report that the public is unaware of yet that PFN is privy to?

His surgery might not have gone well.  
Reply/Quote
18.  JC Latham OT Alabama
One of my favorite OL prospects of the draft.  Aggressive, great frame, pedigree plus upside.

49.  Ruke Orhorhoro DT Clemson
An oft forgotten quick penetrator at DT in this class.  Explosive with a good frame.

80.  Christian Mahogany OG Boston College
Talk about a mauler.  Potential flex ability at C if allowed a redshirt year to learn the position.  Traits based IOL pick.

97.  Audric Estime RB Notre Dame
One of my draft crushes.  Jackhammer type of a guy once he gets some momentum going.  Great balance.  Can catch balls.

115.  Josh Newton CB TCU
More football player than supreme athlete.  Possible good scrappy press/zone kind of guy.

149.  Maason Smith DT LSU
Traits based DT project.  Needs to learn to use his hands.  High upside potential.

194.  Brennan Jackson EDGE Washington State
Traits based DE who plays with high intensity.

214.  AJ Barner TE Michigan
Barner the barn burner.  Blocker bloke.  Big and burly.

224.  Tory Taylor P Iowa
The punter from down under.

237.  Bub Means WR Pittsburgh
Bub Means means business...bub.  4.43 speed guy who needs to chug up to full gear.  Cody Core/Valdez-Scantling type of guy.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 12:19 AM)Whatever Wrote: Mine

holy crap whatever nice
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 02:53 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: 18.  JC Latham OT Alabama
One of my favorite OL prospects of the draft.  Aggressive, great frame, pedigree plus upside.

49.  Ruke Orhorhoro DT Clemson
An oft forgotten quick penetrator at DT in this class.  Explosive with a good frame.

80.  Christian Mahogany OG Boston College
Talk about a mauler.  Potential flex ability at C if allowed a redshirt year to learn the position.  Traits based IOL pick.

97.  Audric Estime RB Notre Dame
One of my draft crushes.  Jackhammer type of a guy once he gets some momentum going.  Great balance.  Can catch balls.

115.  Josh Newton CB TCU
More football player than supreme athlete.  Possible good scrappy press/zone kind of guy.

149.  Maason Smith DT LSU
Traits based DT project.  Needs to learn to use his hands.  High upside potential.

194.  Brennan Jackson EDGE Washington State
Traits based DE who plays with high intensity.

214.  AJ Barner TE Michigan
Barner the barn burner.  Blocker bloke.  Big and burly.

224.  Tory Taylor P Iowa
The punter from down under.

237.  Bub Means WR Pittsburgh
Bub Means means business...bub.  4.43 speed guy who needs to chug up to full gear.  Cody Core/Valdez-Scantling type of guy.

why is Newton dropping?
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 03:36 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: why is Newton dropping?
thats a different newton lol

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 05:08 PM)OSUfan Wrote: This simulation is from Mock Draft Database:

1 - 18: Brock Bowers - TE - Georgia - 6'3" 243
Bower was the BPA when the Bengals selected as well as being touted as a generational talent at the TE position. Bowers has elite hands and ability to create after the catch. Winner of the Mackey Award in back to back seasons and his abilities have drawn comparison to George Kittle. As a receiver Bowers possesses outstanding ability to accelerate off of the snap and to carry his speed and acceleration thru the route creating separation from defenders. Elite body control and extremely high football IQ. Bowers will go a long way in elevating the TE position for the Bengals as well as filling the void left in losing Tyler Boyd in free agency.

2 - 49: Braden Fiske - DT - Fla. State - 6'4" 292
Fiske may not have average mass for a DT but he has outstanding quickness off of the snap and plays with 100% motor and effort from whistle to whistle. Outstanding pursuit speed. Fiske is extremely disruptive to the offensive backfield due to his outstanding movement skills and awareness. While having a slight wingspan he has apparently learned to play with this slight deficiency. Fiske has a build that should naturally add more mass. Fiske should be a very disruptive 3 tech that has the ability to slide over to the NT position in passing situations.

3 - 80: Devontez Walker - WR - N. Carolina - 6'1.5" 193
Walker will need to continue to work on his route running ability and improving upon his route tree but what he brings immediately to the field is elite speed that threatens the deep half of the defense. Outstanding body control and has shown improvement in his physicality on contested catches. There is much room for him to improve but he has the elite speed that you just cannot teach. 

3 - 97: Blake Fisher - OT - Notre Dame - 6'6" 310
With the signing of Trent Brown the Bengals do not have to go OT early and getting Fisher at the end of the 3rd is a steal. I believe that Fisher is a RT prospect that would be capable of being a very solid day 1 starter. An AFC personnel exec stated that Fisher is a naturally more talented OT than Alt but that Alt is just more technically sound. Fisher gives the Bengals an extremely solid first tackle off of the bench for '24 and a quality starting caliber RT for '25 and beyond.

4 - 115: Elijah Jones - CB - Boston College - 6'1.5" 185
Jones is a long and fast corner that has been steadily rising up draft boards. The ball skills of Jones blossomed in '23 as he showcased his ability to be a ballhawk for a defense. Has the speed and abilities to play man on the outside and excels in zone coverage where is speed and reaction allow him to create turnovers and defense passes. Should be an outstanding addition to this secondary room with the loss of Awuzie and the uncertainty of Ivey after his late season injury.

5 - 149: Khristian Boyd - DT - N. Iowa - 6'2" 329
Boyd is an FCS prospect that showed up at the Shrine Bowl and dominated the Power Five players that he faced. Extremely strong putting up 38 reps at his pro day. Boyd has played the true NT position in the 3 man front for N. Iowa and consistently has faced and defeated double teams to disrupt the offense and make tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Boyd has continued to rise up boards since his dominating performance at the Shrine Bowl and according to those that know him he is an outstanding leader and locker room presence.

6 - 194: Hunter Nourzad - C - Penn State - 6'3" 317
This is a selection that should help the Bengals prepare for Karras becoming a FA after the '24 season. Hunter played at an extremely high level in a very physical conference. He has the ability to play both center and guard and would add very solid depth at either as well as a starter in '25 and beyond in the middle of this line.

6 - 214: Jase McClellan - RB - Bama - 5'10" 221
I believe this is a great value selection for the Bengals late in the draft and I think McClellan is one of the most underrated RB prospects in the draft. While he may not be elite in any one area he is absolutely solid in virtually every area. He accelerates well thru the hole and while he does not have elite track speed in the open field he has more than enough speed to create big chunk yard plays. He is a good receiver with really natural hands and as well is a pretty decent pass protector. 

7 - 224: Kamal Hadden - CB - Tennessee - 6'1" 196
Having Hadden still sitting here at this point in the draft is a steal for the Bengals. He is a tall, long, and physical corner that has played a lot of big time football against some of the best talent in the nation on a regular basis and has done it at a pretty high level. The CB room needs some quality depth and Hadden adds that a long with starter quality traits and abilities.

7 - 237: Brennan Jackson - DE - Washington St. - 6'4" 264
Jackson is a relentless high motor edge prospect that refuses to be outworked. Jackson plays with very good football strength and generates outstanding power and leverage off of the snap. He needs to continue to develop his pass rush toolbox and learn to play fast but within control but overall right now he is a guy that will make plays with his relentless motor and effort.

you do a nice analysis of your picks.. thanks for the extra effort
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 01:35 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengal Board Mock Draft Challenge is up for April!

There was a 3-way tie for March winners: Essex Johnson, Bfine and Puddycat won March. Nati Bengals would had won but he posted multiple drafts. Try to beat them this month!

Rules are (NO TRADES):

Name your draft site:
PFN https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft
NFL Mock Data Base: https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-draft-simulator
NFL Draft Buzz: https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/simulator

place only one draft from one site per thread per month.

I will pick a winner and you will get reps.
Good Luck!

thanks for the hard work, keeping up with it... Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 03:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: you do a nice analysis of your picks.. thanks for the extra effort

Thank you very much!
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 11:19 AM)Okeana Wrote: thats a different newton lol

that explains it lol
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote

My April submission is gold for addressing roster needs.

The trenches load up since the DL adds Turner, Fisk, and Briggs. The OL adds Suamataia and Fisher.

The rotating door ends at TE with the additions of Sanders and All.

Throw in some RBs in Davis and Edward and the safety out of Utah (Vaki).
Reply/Quote
NFL MOCK DATABAE

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote

Wow I would love this. First four picks in the trenches and then a monster TE with rare size. We could come away with just the first 5 and I would be happy. But we do get 10 and even though we have a talented roster I think all 10 could make the team. Tee is getting an extension.

18. Jackson Powers Johnson can be the best C in the league in a few years. He will be a bully in the middle, this is the AFC North we need a tone setter, and giving Burrow a clean pocket means lots of winning. Karras is a free agent next year. I'd claim open competition. But would like to see what Brown, Karras, JPJ, Cappa, Brown could do as a starting unit. Oregon is a C factory, JPJ is the latest and greatest model coming out.

49. Johnny Newton falls because of foot surgery? Every year somebody who was supposed to go in the 1st slides. I guess he may have a pro day here soon to try to prove he is healthy. Hopefully he doesn't rush back if he isn't ready, which might let us get lucky.

80. Blake Fisher just turned 21. He is another of the youngest OL prospects in this draft. I think he could start, but more time to develop behind Brown is a luxury we might get to have. Notre Dame is an OL factory.

97. Michael Hall Jr has special athletic talent at DT. We might end up with the best DT room in the NFL if he and Newton can hit the ground running as rookies.

115. Theo Johnson hopefully gets a year to learn behind Gesicki and Hudson. Which to me is ideal because TE seems like one of the harder positions for young players to adapt in the NFL. But I did strike out on WR in this draft so he could get some action if we are using a bunch of multi TE sets. Insane measurables nearly identical to Jimmy Graham.

149. Ray Davis seems like a gift here in the 5th. At least according to NFL.com who has him ranked as their 6th best RB. Leading 3 different college teams in rushing 2 being in the SEC. That's impressive to me.

194. Joe Milton III is Joe insurance. I think there is some value to taking advantage of that rule and having a 3rd emergency QB on game day who doesn't have to be active. If Browning has any trade value, maybe a QB goes down in camp, we could also capitalize if we add another capable QB. He also resembles the potential 3 others starting QBs in the AFC North and could provide quality practice reps.

214. Qwa,'tez Stiggers bolsters our CB depth with a unique player. First draft pick who didn't go to college? CFL rookie of the year. I think Dax is our 3rd CB. Pair that with a deep CB class and I have no problem waiting on CB.

224. JD Bertrand is a guy I don't know much about. Team captain. We need to rebuild the LB depth. If we can get productive solid players from successful big time programs in the in the 7th.. We should do it. These late round picks seem like a perfect spot to fix our depth.

237. Steele Chambers is another guy I don't know much about. Seems like the real evaluators are all over the place on the LBs. He is the 7th ranked LB on NFL.com. JD Bertrand isn't even on the list. Maybe that means we have some LBs we really like fall.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 05:17 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wow I would love this. First four picks in the trenches and then a monster TE with rare size. We could come away with just the first 5 and I would be happy. But we do get 10 and even though we have a talented roster I think all 10 could make the team. Tee is getting an extension.

18. Jackson Powers Johnson can be the best C in the league in a few years. He will be a bully in the middle, this is the AFC North we need a tone setter, and giving Burrow a clean pocket means lots of winning. Karras is a free agent next year. I'd claim open competition. But would like to see what Brown, Karras, JPJ, Cappa, Brown could do as a starting unit. Oregon is a C factory, JPJ is the latest and greatest model coming out.

49. Johnny Newton falls because of foot surgery? Every year somebody who was supposed to go in the 1st slides. I guess he may have a pro day here soon to try to prove he is healthy. Hopefully he doesn't rush back if he isn't ready, which might let us get lucky.

80. Blake Fisher just turned 21. He is another of the youngest OL prospects in this draft. I think he could start, but more time to develop behind Brown is a luxury we might get to have. Notre Dame is an OL factory.

97. Michael Hall Jr has special athletic talent at DT. We might end up with the best DT room in the NFL if he and Newton can hit the ground running as rookies.

115. Theo Johnson hopefully gets a year to learn behind Gesicki and Hudson. Which to me is ideal because TE seems like one of the harder positions for young players to adapt in the NFL. But I did strike out on WR in this draft so he could get some action if we are using a bunch of multi TE sets. Insane measurables nearly identical to Jimmy Graham.

149. Ray Davis seems like a gift here in the 5th. At least according to NFL.com who has him ranked as their 6th best RB. Leading 3 different college teams in rushing 2 being in the SEC. That's impressive to me.

194. Joe Milton III is Joe insurance. I think there is some value to taking advantage of that rule and having a 3rd emergency QB on game day who doesn't have to be active. If Browning has any trade value, maybe a QB goes down in camp, we could also capitalize if we add another capable QB. He also resembles the potential 3 others starting QBs in the AFC North and could provide quality practice reps.

214. Qwa,'tez Stiggers bolsters our CB depth with a unique player. First draft pick who didn't go to college? CFL rookie of the year. I think Dax is our 3rd CB. Pair that with a deep CB class and I have no problem waiting on CB.

224. JD Bertrand is a guy I don't know much about. Team captain. We need to rebuild the LB depth. If we can get productive solid players from successful big time programs in the in the 7th.. We should do it. These late round picks seem like a perfect spot to fix our depth.

237. Steele Chambers is another guy I don't know much about. Seems like the real evaluators are all over the place on the LBs. He is the 7th ranked LB on NFL.com. JD Bertrand isn't even on the list. Maybe that means we have some LBs we really like fall.

Nice one. I love this draft because of the first four picks.
Reply/Quote