Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Mock Draft Challenge: April
(04-12-2024, 05:17 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wow I would love this. First four picks in the trenches and then a monster TE with rare size. We could come away with just the first 5 and I would be happy. But we do get 10 and even though we have a talented roster I think all 10 could make the team. Tee is getting an extension.

18. Jackson Powers Johnson can be the best C in the league in a few years. He will be a bully in the middle, this is the AFC North we need a tone setter, and giving Burrow a clean pocket means lots of winning. Karras is a free agent next year. I'd claim open competition. But would like to see what Brown, Karras, JPJ, Cappa, Brown could do as a starting unit. Oregon is a C factory, JPJ is the latest and greatest model coming out.

49. Johnny Newton falls because of foot surgery? Every year somebody who was supposed to go in the 1st slides. I guess he may have a pro day here soon to try to prove he is healthy. Hopefully he doesn't rush back if he isn't ready, which might let us get lucky.

80. Blake Fisher just turned 21. He is another of the youngest OL prospects in this draft. I think he could start, but more time to develop behind Brown is a luxury we might get to have. Notre Dame is an OL factory.

97. Michael Hall Jr has special athletic talent at DT. We might end up with the best DT room in the NFL if he and Newton can hit the ground running as rookies.

115. Theo Johnson hopefully gets a year to learn behind Gesicki and Hudson. Which to me is ideal because TE seems like one of the harder positions for young players to adapt in the NFL. But I did strike out on WR in this draft so he could get some action if we are using a bunch of multi TE sets. Insane measurables nearly identical to Jimmy Graham.

149. Ray Davis seems like a gift here in the 5th. At least according to NFL.com who has him ranked as their 6th best RB. Leading 3 different college teams in rushing 2 being in the SEC. That's impressive to me.

194. Joe Milton III is Joe insurance. I think there is some value to taking advantage of that rule and having a 3rd emergency QB on game day who doesn't have to be active. If Browning has any trade value, maybe a QB goes down in camp, we could also capitalize if we add another capable QB. He also resembles the potential 3 others starting QBs in the AFC North and could provide quality practice reps.

214. Qwa,'tez Stiggers bolsters our CB depth with a unique player. First draft pick who didn't go to college? CFL rookie of the year. I think Dax is our 3rd CB. Pair that with a deep CB class and I have no problem waiting on CB.

224. JD Bertrand is a guy I don't know much about. Team captain. We need to rebuild the LB depth. If we can get productive solid players from successful big time programs in the in the 7th.. We should do it. These late round picks seem like a perfect spot to fix our depth.

237. Steele Chambers is another guy I don't know much about. Seems like the real evaluators are all over the place on the LBs. He is the 7th ranked LB on NFL.com. JD Bertrand isn't even on the list. Maybe that means we have some LBs we really like fall.

Rumor going round is JPJ has some kind of degenerative medical condition, so he's a big time risk at a non-premium position and not a great value at 18.  

Newton is currently damaged goods and still not recovered from his surgery, which is causing him to slide.  He's a 1st round talent, so I get the gamble on a vacuum, but with medical concerns with JPJ, it kind of turns this draft into an extremely high risk one.  

Hall...I mean, with Rankins, Hill, Carter, and the addition of Newton, we're loaded at 3 tech.  I don't even see him getting snaps and it's hard for me to sign off on a third round pick that likely won't even dress on gamedays as a rookie.

Even if you're convinced Higgins will show up before the start of the season and return to '21/'22 form without the benefits of a TC and you're also convinced that out of an UDFA(Irwin) and a pair of Day 3 picks(Jones and Yoshi) that you've hit on a quality starting WR, we still only have 5 roster worthy WR's on an 11 base team that carries 6-7.  You really have to take at least one somewhere, if not two.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2024, 11:02 AM)Whatever Wrote: Rumor going round is JPJ has some kind of degenerative medical condition, so he's a big time risk at a non-premium position and not a great value at 18.  

Newton is currently damaged goods and still not recovered from his surgery, which is causing him to slide.  He's a 1st round talent, so I get the gamble on a vacuum, but with medical concerns with JPJ, it kind of turns this draft into an extremely high risk one.  

Hall...I mean, with Rankins, Hill, Carter, and the addition of Newton, we're loaded at 3 tech.  I don't even see him getting snaps and it's hard for me to sign off on a third round pick that likely won't even dress on gamedays as a rookie.

Even if you're convinced Higgins will show up before the start of the season and return to '21/'22 form without the benefits of a TC and you're also convinced that out of an UDFA(Irwin) and a pair of Day 3 picks(Jones and Yoshi) that you've hit on a quality starting WR, we still only have 5 roster worthy WR's on an 11 base team that carries 6-7.  You really have to take at least one somewhere, if not two.  

Only google result I can find that mentions degenerative brings me to these boards? Where did you hear this rumor? He went to the senior bowl not at 100%, dominated, then pulled a hammy and bowed out. The oldest guy on our team is a free agent next year, he plays C. We haven’t been giving out many contracts to guys over 31. That’s why I really would like to have a stud on deck ready to go. If he doesn’t start this year that’s fine. Heal up big guy. I don’t want to risk scrambling to find a replacement and getting stuck with a shitty C getting blown up pushed into Burrows lap. It’s a recipe for sadness.

I think this is the perfect draft to take high risk high reward picks. Except these aren’t our normal high risk picks who might have character flags. These are big time high football character guys. Who if they are healthy in 6 months we look like geniuses for adding two of the best at their position.

Trey Smith comes to to mind as a recent faller due to medical that turned in to a stud. DK metcalf had a neck issue, Gronk had the back issue. I’m willing to roll the dice, we have 10 picks with no need for an immediate starter anywhere.

Carter played all 17 games last year and didn’t make much of an impact. Tufele played in 10 games. Tufele is probably gone. Carter might get pushed down the depth chart. The middle of our D was pillow soft and we lost our best DT. Rankins is a band aid and Hill is a free agent after the year. We have to get better. And I think these two would help us get there.

Can’t have it all. We drafted two last year we have high hopes for. Irwin has done nothing but produce when given an opportunity. And we have a few young undrafted guys at the end of the roster we have been developing. Boyd is still out there. Along with a handful of other serviceable veterans. And after the draft dust settles if we didn’t land a WR I imagine working with Burrow and the snaps that could potentially be up for grabs would be enticing for any free agents still out there.
Reply/Quote
My third and final was on Nfl mock draft site, I tried to do this one where I think the Bengals organization is going vs. my wants especially first 4 rounds, though I did like the picks

DL | Texas Murphy

WR Ricky Pearsall

Guard Christian Haynes

TE Ben Sinnott

OT Christian Jones

CB Caelen Carson

RB Kimani Vidal

LB Nathaniel Watson

QB Austin Reed

DL Braiden McGregor
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 01:35 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bengal Board Mock Draft Challenge is up for April!

There was a 3-way tie for March winners: Essex Johnson, Bfine and Puddycat won March. Nati Bengals would had won but he posted multiple drafts. Try to beat them this month!

Rules are (NO TRADES):

Name your draft site:
PFN https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft
NFL Mock Data Base: https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-draft-simulator
NFL Draft Buzz: https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/simulator

place only one draft from one site per thread per month.

I will pick a winner and you will get reps.
Good Luck!

Did this one on Mockdraftdatabase...

1st - Joe Alt OT Notre Dame
2nd - Cooper Beebe IOL Kansas State
3rd - Trey Benson RB Florida State
3rd - Malik Washington WR Virginia
4th - Mekhi Wingo DT LSU
5th - Dallin Holker TE Colorado State
6th - Gabe Hall DT Baylor
6th - Brennan Jackson DE Washington State
7th - Decamarion Richardson CB Mississippi State
7th - Frank Crum OT Wyoming
Reply/Quote
Rate my mock draft from the @PFN365 Mock Draft Simulator — then try yours on the #PFNMDS: bit.ly/mockdraftsim

18. Fuaga - Happy to have him but I'm starting to like Latham as well
49. Barton - crazy he was there so had to go back to back oline
80. Devontez Walker - Even if Tee stays this guy is a speedster you can always use
97. T'Vondre Sweat - DUI or not, he's huge
115. McKinnley Jackson - nice insurance policy and we probably need two big bodies anyway
149. Jaheim Bell - Swiss Army TE
194. Dillon Johnson - tough RB and a team guy. hits the whole, no nonsense
214. AJ Barner - traditional TE
224. Ryan Flourney - Small school WR with some RAS
237. All Blades Jr - CB with NFL bloodlines
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 04:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Did this one on Mockdraftdatabase...

1st - Joe Alt OT Notre Dame
2nd - Cooper Beebe IOL Kansas State
3rd - Trey Benson RB Florida State
3rd - Malik Washington WR Virginia
4th - Mekhi Wingo DT LSU
5th - Dallin Holker TE Colorado State
6th - Gabe Hall DT Baylor
6th - Brennan Jackson DE Washington State
7th - Decamarion Richardson CB Mississippi State
7th - Frank Crum OT Wyoming

I love this draft. Holker is growing on me and I'd love to see him join the Bengals. Joe Alt for the W!
Reply/Quote
Did this one on PFN, earlier this month. Revisited today, and I still like it.

18. Amarius Mims T UGA
49. Xavier Legette WR S.Car
80. McKinnley Jackson DT Tex A&M
97. Cade Stover TE OSU
115. Maason Smith DT LSU
149. Isaiah Adams G Ill
194. Trey Taylor S Air Force
214. Nathan Thomas T Louisiana
224. Kingsley Eguakun C Fla.
237. Tip Reiman TE Ill

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
PFN:

18. Amarius Mims T UGA

49. Ruke Orhorhoro DT Clemson

80. Devontez Walker WR North Carolina

97. Renardo Green CB Florida St

115. T'Vonde Sweat DT Texas

149. Jared Wiley TE TCU

194. Zion Tupaola-Fetui EDGE Washington

214. Carson Steele RB UCLA

224. Ainias Smith WR Texas A&M

237. Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

[Image: a0e4f823b2186d08902c1010605a8ac1.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2024, 09:20 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I love this draft. Holker is growing on me and I'd love to see him join the Bengals. Joe Alt for the W!

Thanks Tecmo.  Cool

(04-21-2024, 01:27 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: PFN:

18. Amarius Mims T UGA

149. Jared Wiley TE TCU

194. Zion Tupaola-Fetui  EDGE Washington

[Image: a0e4f823b2186d08902c1010605a8ac1.jpg]

Really like this one Rotobeast. Been wanting Mims more than anyone lately, even more than Byron Murphy. Ruke Orhorhoro could be a 
great pass rushing 3-tech at the next level, then getting Sweat later really makes our trenches strong on both sides. Tez Walker has also
been growing on me along with Malik Washington at WR in and around the 3rd/4th rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 12:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really like this one Rotobeast. Been wanting Mims more than anyone lately, even more than Byron Murphy. Ruke Orhorhoro could be a 
great pass rushing 3-tech at the next level, then getting Sweat later really makes our trenches strong on both sides. Tez Walker has also
been growing on me along with Malik Washington at WR in and around the 3rd/4th rounds.

Thanks !
Tez seems well rounded and solid, and I love Mims' potential.
I'm also intrigued by Wiley, the big TE from TCU. He seems like he'd be a potential monster in the red zone.

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 01:27 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: PFN:

18. Amarius Mims T UGA

149. Jared Wiley TE TCU

194. Zion Tupaola-Fetui  EDGE Washington

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240421/a0e4f823b2186d08902c1010605a8ac1.j

THis one looks like how most of mine are turning out. I like it Roto
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 07:22 PM)bonesaw Wrote: THis one looks like how most of mine are turning out. I like it Roto
Thanks !
I feel it's pretty balanced.
I hope we get Gabe Hall or Kromah in the late rounds.
I like their versatility.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 07:07 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Thanks !
Tez seems well rounded and solid, and I love Mims' potential.
I'm also intrigued by Wiley, the big TE from TCU. He seems like he'd be a potential monster in the red zone.

YW, also really like Jared Wiley TE TCU where you have him. As far as RZ threats Wiley and Theo Johnson could be great in this Draft.
Reply/Quote
  • No way Odunze slides to us at 18, or Murphy to us in the 2nd round, but that's what my just completed ProFootballNetwork simulation allowed. I don't have a clue how you're posting screenshots, but I do have it saved as a "print screen."

18. Rome Odunze, WR Washington
49. Byron Murphy II, DT Texas
90. Michael Hall, DT, OSU
97. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame
115. Delmar Glaze, DT, Maryland
149. Zack Zinter, OG, Michigan
194. Erick All, TE, Iowa
214. Dylan McMahon, G, NC State
224. Brevyn Spann-Ford, TE, Minnesota
237. Ja'quan Shepard, CB, Maryland
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2024, 06:35 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote:
  • No way Odunze slides to us at 18, or Murphy to us in the 2nd round, but that's what my just completed ProFootballNetwork simulation allowed. I don't have a clue how you're posting screenshots, but I do have it saved as a "print screen."

18. Rome Odunze, WR Washington
49. Byron Murphy II, DT Texas
90. Michael Hall, DT, OSU
97. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame
115. Delmar Glaze, DT, Maryland
149. Zack Zinter, OG, Michigan
194. Erick All, TE, Iowa
214. Dylan McMahon, G, NC State
224. Brevyn Spann-Ford, TE, Minnesota
237. Ja'quan Shepard, CB, Maryland

Wild. I just thought PFN's simulation was more realistic than MDD's and now this... Shocked

Love Rome Odunze, my favorite WR in this class, yes, even over MHJ.

Not gonna happen, would love it if it did though, but Byron Murphy falling all the way to 49 is so unrealistic. He most likely will be 
the first DT taken and could be taken before 18. Still haven't heard about Newton's workout, all I know is we met with Newton and
maybe we know something. But I feel Murphy fits our needs more but Newton could be the next Aaron Donald for all we know.

Crazy quickness for a DT with sly hands. Newton actually could fall if he is still battling injury and his workout wasn't impressive.
Reply/Quote