Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Mock Draft Challenge: March
[Image: 4c153a912eb615214060b19acd5f2d43.jpg]
Here’s my submission. Pro football network. I know there’s no chance of this happening. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 01:12 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: lol missed that, well I had fun anyway

I learned something too. Sweat likely doesn’t make it to the bengals in the 2nd. And a trade down would be very beneficial from the 2nd or even in the 1st. The 3rd/4th rounds have great value.

interesting, in a few mocks i did, he was still there, most put him in mid 2nd round, just depends on QB and WR runs, if those get hot, I think it pushes him to be there in 2nd
Reply/Quote
Tell me I'm pretty...

PFN

[Image: fa80e15d2bd1afa96a2a015c1d06b0cc.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I used MDD.

1 - 18. JC Latham, OT, Alabama. Poised, steady and he's accustomed to the bright lights. Is he good enough to handle Myles Garrett, TJ Watt and the Ravens' elaborate blitz packages? Who knows. But at least he'll have the intangibles for it. 

2 - 49. Christian Haynes, IOL, Connecticut. Can play any of the three IOLs. 9.31 RAS. Team captain. Force at the Senior Bowl. I think he'll be productive in the league for a long time. 

3 - 80. McKinnley Jackson, NT, Texas A&M. Arguably the second-best NT on the board (Sweat). Also team captain. He can fill some of the niche left by Reader.  

3 - 97. Jonathon Brooks, RB, Texas. Rated by Draft Buzz as the best pass blocker of this year's RBs. But it doesn't have to be him. Estime and Wright could have been taken here if they suit your fancy instead. For me it's more about the position than the name (see below). 

4 - 115. Brenden Rice, WR, USC. I'm really hesitant to take sons of legends. But when you watch Brenden Rice on tape you realize this isn't Bronny James- this is at least a physical replica of Jerry. How he managed to maintain the grind despite living in a lap of luxury blows me away. But I don't ask questions. I just take him if he falls to 115. If anything, his athleticism may be superior to his father's (8.73 RAS; 4.51 40). 

5 - 149. Mohamed Kamara, EDGE, Colorado State. Smack talker and team captain. My favorite combo. 

6 - 194. Nehemiah Pritchett, CB. Auburn. 4.36 40. Mind you, that's long speed more so than initial burst but I think it's good value to add another DB here with physical tools that can be molded into an asset. His teammate Jaylin Simpson was sitting here too if you prefer him. Also Kamal Hadden (Tenn), Johnny Dixon (PSU)... someone will drop. 

6 - 214. Dallin Holker, TE. Colorado State. Not just a captain but a teammate of Kamara's (total coincidence lol). I like the interviews I've seen with Holker and he's easily worth a pick on day 3, particularly for a team like us who could use another body in the TE room. 

7 - 224. Tyrice Knight, LB. UTEP. Special teams contributor with the potential to do more.

7 - 237. Evan Anderson, NT, Florida Atlantic. I hope we take a flier on Anderson. Insurance if something happens to McKinnley Jackson. 

General notes
  • Spend our first and second-rounders on OL. It just seems to makes sense with the big board as currently projected. We can take Verse, Newton, Murphy or (gasp) Thomas Jr too, but if we do that I find we end up chasing the rest of our picks. Whereas it comes together so much cleaner if we take care of the OL right off the bat. 
  • Spend one of our third-rounders on Mixon's replacement. Consider it Bates' parting gift. I thought we missed the cream of the crop last year but there are at least five backs this year who could help right away. Maybe not like Bijan Robinson and Jahmyr Gibbs, but help right away nonetheless. Getting one of them here would set us up for years. 
  • If the past month is any indication, my mock will change dramatically by the time we get to the draft. Lol
Reply/Quote
https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/user-mock-drafts/2024/user-mock-2506029

I like the results best when I reach for Sweat in the first.

T'Vondre Sweat
DL | Texas
6' 4.5" 366lbs Outland Trophy winning Big 12 Defensive player of the year. I don't want to wait and find out if he falls. Or have to trade up. I'm taking him and if/when we have a dominating giant DT. I'll be smiling.

Kris Jenkins
DL | Michigan
6'3" 299lbs Nicknamed The Mutant son of former pro bowl DT of the same name. Turn DT into a strength.

Blake Fisher
OT | Notre Dame
6'6" 310lbs I think he could start at RT. He can get a lot of practice this year. But hopefully we won't need him because Trent Brown is ragdolling people in the games.

Theo Johnson
TE | Penn State
6'6" 259lbs He could be Jimmy Graham. Or a bust. I'm willing to take a chance and find out.

Brenden Rice
WR | USC
6'2" 208lbs Son of the HoFer. There is no receiver who appears to be feasible in the middle rounds that I want more than him. I think I'm wiling to wait on WR this year and see what the middle rounds gift up.

MarShawn Lloyd
RB | USC
5'9" 220lbs Explosive RB play. I'd really like a LB. But no way I'm passing up the 7+ypc stud RB from USC.

Brandon Coleman
IOL | TCU
6' 4.5" 313lbs. Sub 5 second 40 with a 34" vert. Huge athlete built to play NFL OL with a lot of OL experience.

Joe Milton
QB | Tennessee
Giant athlete rocket arm QB. Trade Jake or carry 3.

Steele Chambers
LB | Ohio State
Hopefully we can find a diamond in the rough late at LB. Instinctive sounds like a good trait to start with and he apparently has it being a RB turned LB.

Qwan'tez Stiggers
CB | Toronto
Hopefully we can find a diamond in the rough late at CB. 2023 CFL rookie of the year in the seventh sounds promising.
Reply/Quote
PFN:

18.  Graham Barton OG Duke
49.  Patrick Paul OT Houston
80.  Audric Estime RB Notre Dame
97.  Cade Stover TE Ohio State
115.  Jamari Thrash WR Louisville
149.  Brennan Jackson EDGE Washington State
194.  Keith Randolph Jr. DT Illinois
214.  Edefuan Ulofoshio LB Washington
224.  Jaden Crumedy DT Mississippi State
237.  Kimani Vidal RB Troy

Hard nosed IOL, possible future at C or OG
Potential starter at OT someday.  
Power back with hands.
Great body control and hands for a TE
Small, light WR with route running potential
Hard nosed plus motor DE
Run stuffer DT
Downhill tackler ST/ILB
Run defender DT
Short, strong RB with hands
Reply/Quote
Ooops my first one had trades, so this one now:

18. Brian Thomas Jr. WR LSU
49. Kris Jenkins DT Michigan
80. Kiran Amegadjie OT Yale
97. Cade Stover TE Ohio State
115. Tanor Bortolini OC Wisconsin
149. Zak Zinter OG Michigan
194. Carson Steele RB UCLA
214. Jamree Kromah DT James Madison
224. Decorian Patterson CB UCF
237. Frank Crum OT Wyoming

There, just in time too, only 2 days left.
Reply/Quote
MDD 3/29: My favorite mock of the offseason, would be very happy if the Bengals draft looked like this.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/user-mock-drafts/2024/user-mock-2518050
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 11:22 AM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: MDD 3/29: My favorite mock of the offseason, would be very happy if the Bengals draft looked like this.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/user-mock-drafts/2024/user-mock-2518050

I like your draft, but i'm worried that Patrick Paul is not a RT, he's only played LT in his college career. It's usually why I pass on him, and i could be dead wrong but I just try to stick to expecting guys to play on the side they are used to already (IE LT to LG vs RG) type of things.
Reply/Quote
Cannot figure out how to get an image:

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/user-mock-drafts/2024/user-mock-2520475

18. Latham, OT, Bama
49. Sweat, DT, Texas
80. Corley, WR, W. Kentucky
97. Hart, CB, Notre Dame
115. Mahogany, IOL, Boston College
149. Reiman, TE, Illinois
194. Jacobs, LB, Penn State
214. Taylor, P, Iowa
224. Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa
237. Hadden, CB, Tennessee

No RBs, but only a minor regret.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 03:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I like your draft, but i'm worried that Patrick Paul is not a RT, he's only played LT in his college career. It's usually why I pass on him, and i could be dead wrong but I just try to stick to expecting guys to play on the side they are used to already (IE LT to LG vs RG) type of things.

That is the great thing that the Trent Brown signing does is it gives you a year or two to bring the draft pick along and maybe Paul can become a RT or maybe Orlando agrees to move to RT after Trent is gone and finish his career there, but Paul is by far the highest graded tackle left that you could get at pick 80. If they did go Newton & Sweat 1st and 2nd our D-line could become a very potent threat along with our already potent offense, it can change an area of concern to being set for the next several years.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 03:31 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I like your draft, but i'm worried that Patrick Paul is not a RT, he's only played LT in his college career. It's usually why I pass on him, and i could be dead wrong but I just try to stick to expecting guys to play on the side they are used to already (IE LT to LG vs RG) type of things.

That’s what I struggle with. And why Latham and Fuaga go back and forth as my favorite 1st round T prospect.

But wtf are we supposed to do if Alt or Fashanu fall?

Some guys can play both sides. But it’s become apparent it’s not a given a good LT can succeed on the right and vice versa.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 10:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That’s what I struggle with. And why Latham and Fuaga go back and forth as my favorite 1st round T prospect.

Some guys can play both sides. But it’s become apparent it’s not a given a good LT can succeed on the right and vice versa.

If Alt, Fasha, or Fuega are there at 18 then you draft them and try and get T. Sweat or Kris Jenkins in Round 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 10:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That’s what I struggle with. And why Latham and Fuaga go back and forth as my favorite 1st round T prospect.

I say it is not even close between Latham and Fuagu. Latham all the way no doubt. I actually think Fuaga could struggle with his lack of length and he is short on athleticism off of the snap and I would not be shocked to see him have problems keeping up with speed on the edge. He may be better suited as a RG. Latham and Mims are my two top selections at OT. Two other good ones are the kids from Yale and BYU.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2024, 02:52 PM)OSUfan Wrote:  I actually think Fuaga could struggle with his lack of length and he is short on athleticism off of the snap and I would not be shocked to see him have problems keeping up with speed on the edge.

Fuaga's athleticism is fine.   https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1764358279155556766
Reply/Quote
Soooooo.... ?

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote