Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Board Power Rankings Week 7
(10-24-2015, 05:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I was thinking of changing my name to "GodHatesSteelers". Ninja

Hilarious you said that considering I set this up last night...

http://godhatessteelers.com

A work in progress obviously!
Reply/Quote
1. Patriots- Until Brady and Belicheck prove otherwise they are the top team.
2. Packers- Rodgers is the best qb in the world, and their defense is playing better than ours right now.
3. Bengals- Health has been a big factor and it seems as though Dalton has allowed the game to slow down, if we get a relatively healthy burfict back we should take over the number 2 spot.
4. Panthers- Not because of Newton because quite frankly he isn't a good qb, but it's more about the fact that they have a great defense, play in a shitty division and have played 4 of the worse teams in the nfl.
5. Broncos- still better than the Jets overall and if Peyton ever decides to play like Peyton they could be serious AFC contenders with the way that defense is playing.
6. Jets- Defense, defense, and more defense.
7. Steelers- Play-makers across the board, and nothing like squeezing out a win against the rams, and cards, could be dangerous if Ben comes back and plays like Ben.
8. Cardinals- Palmer looks like his 25 y/o self, great defense.
9. Falcons- Great offense so far, but not sure if they are truly great, they've beat a bunch of bad teams.
10. Giants- They are 2 bone head mistakes from being 5-1, Eli is playing well all they need is for some better defense and better health and they should win their division.
Reply/Quote
1. New England
They keep winning. They don't make many (if any) mistakes. Can they win a shootout though? I'm not so sure without a legitimate deep threat. Granted, LaFell is coming back so we'll see what he offers them. Nevertheless they will have to score a lot to beat Cincy or Pitt.

2. Cincinnati
Offense is rolling on all cylinders. There's no true way to stop this offense. You can only hope they stop themselves.

3. Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh is 4-2, and they haven't even started. Wait till Ben, Bell, Brown, and Bryant are all on the field together. Their offense will be arguably better than Cincy. Plus the defense is over performing.

4. Green Bay
The loss of J. Nelson is really hurting them. They should still get a 1st round bye, but they're not as scary as one would think.

5. Arizona
Carson Palmer has been reborn with Fitzgerald and company. Not to mention their defense ain't bad either. Would not want to play these guys in January (or February).

6. Carolina
Cam + Defense = NFC South Champions. But I don't know if they have the firepower to make it much further than that.

7. NY Jets
Lots of weapons on offense and a great defense overshadowing an average QB. Sound familiar? Sounds like one-and-done.

8. Denver
They can only keep this "defense-saves-manning" gameplan up for so long until something snaps. Like Peyton's arm.

9. Seattle
Only looking good against bad teams and can't close out games against good teams. Would not count them out yet though.

10. Atlanta
Not a big Matt Ryan fan. Like a bad Tony Romo. But still have 2 of the best playmakers in the league (Jones, Freeman) and will make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 10:16 PM)Utts Wrote: You make some good points, but until proven otherwise they have to be ranked #1.

Well they did just beat a very good Jets defense, so in my opinion that makes then second behind the Packers, with the Bengals #3 at this point.  But I think we can beat them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 04:24 AM)Go Cards Wrote: 1. Patriots - Tom Brady

2. Packers - Aaron Rodgers

3. Bengals - Believe they should be ranked #1, but vote swayed by playoff winning experience.

4. Panthers  - Seem to have it going on on both sides of the ball.

5. Seahawks - played a very tough schedule so far that is about to weaken drastically for the remainder of the season. Should have swagger back by seasons end.

6. Eagles - Another team that I believe they will be hitting their stride by seasons end.

7. Cardinals - Good on both sides of ball and could climb up rankings easily if they get rolling.

8. steelers - Finding ways to win despite missing Bell and Ben early on are going to get much better. Could make legitimate run in playoffs.      

9. Jets - Playing well with lots of potential.  

10 - Bronco's - Just not sold on their chances. Manning could seve me crow here if wrong. But I am just not buying.

Was thinking this was a pretty legit ranking until I saw Broncos at 10.
Reply/Quote
1. Patriots
2. Bengals
3. Packers
4. Panthers
5. Jets
6. Broncos
7. Cardinals
8. Falcons
9. Steelers
10. Vikings
LFG