Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Booth Podcast
Bengals Mobile: Bengals Booth Podcast: '16 Draft Recap

http://yi.nzc.am/bwJH0T

Dan and Lap cover the draft.  Good stuff.  

Treadwell was rated as a 2A. 
Reply/Quote
Awesome link! Thanks for sharing. It's really interesting to hear where they had these players ranked. Had Treadwell in the top of the 2 round, and Core in the mid 4th. Had all 1-4 round picks rated in the first two rounds.

Also Lap said its it's far from certain that James Wright plays this year
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Agreed Leonard. Also thought it was great that Vigil was on the phone with GB who had the pick behind us.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 07:57 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Agreed Leonard.   Also thought it was great that Vigil was on the phone with GB who had the pick behind us.

Yeah I had heard they were gonna take him with the next pick, but not that he was on the phone with them lol

They also confirmed that the bengals were certain Pitt was going to take WJ3 which is no surprise
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 08:00 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yeah I had heard they were gonna take him with the next pick, but not that he was on the phone with them lol

They also confirmed that the bengals were certain Pitt was going to take WJ3 which is no surprise

Hearing their grades on these guys was great.  I am excited about this draft even if we didn't get 2 value round 1 guys as we have in the past.   
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 08:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hearing their grades on these guys was great.  I am excited about this draft even if we didn't get 2 value round 1 guys as we have in the past.   

Me too for sure, great depth in this class, had all 7 guys rated in top 5 rounds. I hadn't thought about that getting 2 1st rounders all of these years in a row, but it's true, if I was ranking players I'd probably have had all those guys as 1st rounders too
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 08:05 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Me too for sure, great depth in this class, had all 7 guys rated in top 5 rounds. I hadn't thought about that getting 2 1st rounders all of these years in a row, but it's true, if I was ranking players I'd probably have had all those guys as 1st rounders too

We have a perception of the bengals but he reality is they kick tail in the draft.  
Reply/Quote
Wow. Good Link. Can't believe they reveal so much on their rankings in this podcast. Awesome to get some insight to their war room. Thanks St Lucie.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 09:01 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Wow. Good Link. Can't believe they reveal so much on their rankings in this podcast. Awesome to get some insight to their war room. Thanks St Lucie.

The draft is over. It really doesn't matter if they release their whole board.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 09:01 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Wow.  Good Link.  Can't believe they reveal so much on their rankings in this podcast.  Awesome to get some insight to their war room.  Thanks St Lucie.

No prob.   According to Dan Hoard this will be a regular thing on bengals.com  I don't think they are on iTunes yet.   
Reply/Quote
Thing I like best is they had Treadwell lower than the consensus. Like I noticed when I saw him play. Great hands and blocking, but you need a little more to be a surefire 1st rounder.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2016, 09:08 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The draft is over. It really doesn't matter if they release their whole board.

It doesn't matter as to how the draft goes.  But be sure some will Monday morning QB with the info in a few years.  

Like, lets say Lequan Treadwell becomes the next Megatron.  Critics will be like "I can't believe the stupid Bengals had a 2nd round grade on this guy.  The whole world new he was a steal at 23."  

It's just alot of insight from a normally tight lipped organization.  And it's cool
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 12:52 AM)bonesaw Wrote: It doesn't matter as to how the draft goes.  But be sure some will Monday morning QB with the info in a few years.  

Like, lets say Lequan Treadwell becomes the next Megatron.  Critics will be like "I can't believe the stupid Bengals had a 2nd round grade on this guy.  The whole world new he was a steal at 23."  

It's just alot of insight from a normally tight lipped organization.  And it's cool

The people who would make Such claims in a few years were going to complain for any reason.   There are just some people who love to complain about everything bengals.   These people were the ones hating the 8-0 start....   
Reply/Quote
I see they wanted speed up with wide receiver, the only exception was Coleman who was not tall.but the rest was taller with speed.I dI'd like Chris moore too,he went to the ravens.
Reply/Quote
I really enjoyed the podcast. I'm really curious which WR we had rated in the third.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 04:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I really enjoyed the podcast. I'm really curious which WR we had rated in the third.

Ask dan hoard on Twitter.   He answers almost always.   
Reply/Quote
I like Dan Hoard, ever since he has been on bengals.com it has been much better.

This does reveal a lot more than the Bengals usually do, which i am definately for to a point.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 04:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I really enjoyed the podcast. I'm really curious which WR we had rated in the third.

Maybe Pharoh Cooper but didn't take him since we had a higher grade on Vigil
Reply/Quote
Great link.
Reply/Quote