Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Booth podcast- Greg Cosell on Bengals' draft
The highly regarded Greg Cosell makes an early appearance and shares his thoughts on the team's draft, including the Chase vs. Sewell debate.  

https://danhoard.podbean.com/e/bengals-booth-podcast-movin-on-up/
Reply/Quote
Cosell's take on Chase:

"I really loved watching him. I actually watched him last summer. I really loved his tape. I loved Chase's game. I loved his competitiveness. I loved the way he defeated press coverage, which he'll have to do in the NFL. He'll play a lot of boundary 'X,' which means you line up on the ball and you get pressed when you're on the ball and the corner is closer to you, so you have to be able to win against press."

"He was very competitive run after catch. I don't sit around after I watch a player and say 'who does he remind me of?' It either hits me or it doesn't hit me and I thought there was some Steve Smith in his game. Just the competitive intensity with which he played, I thought was tremendous. I loved his tape and I think that he'll be a really good player."

"To me Chase is truly special and I think that you needed him more, that you could get an offensive lineman later. I like Sewell a lot. There's nothing not to like about Penei Sewell. I just think when you have a chance to get a player who is a true game breaker and the nature of the NFL as you know, Dan, is offensively what are you trying to do? Create explosive plays. Defensively what are you trying to do? Stop explosive plays. That's the cliff notes version [of today's NFL. I just think there weren't receivers as good as Chase—the drop off was much bigger [at wide receiver]."
Reply/Quote