Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Box Scores
I am always looking at stats and yesterdays Bengals stats were strange. Dalton and Eifert had a really good day, but then I look at 63 yds for Hill and Gio each, Hill having 2 TDs, our 3rd down percentage was horrible, and our 4th down percentage was extremely high. WTF? The stats don't lie!
Those kinda numbers won't be what we need for much better teams. Glad we won big and our D is still without Burfict, but they looked real good! Go Bengals! Please Burfict, get well real soon!! We NEED YA!

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:13 PM)RASCAL Wrote: I am always looking at stats and yesterdays Bengals stats were strange. Dalton and Eifert had a really good day, but then I look at 63 yds for Hill and Gio each, Hill having 2 TDs, our 3rd down percentage was horrible, and our 4th down percentage was extremely high. WTF? The stats don't lie!
Those kinda numbers won't be what we need for much better teams. Glad we won big and our D is still without Burfict, but they looked real good! Go Bengals! Please Burfict, get well real soon!! We NEED YA!

Good observation, but as for "stats don't lie" - sample too small, the stats don't even have a story to tell that could be a lie yet. But seriously if the trend continues it is definitely a mix of promising and worrying

I thought leaning on hill would be what moves us past our stagnation this year.  We didn't even do that yet and played great, so I am optimistic even if it was the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
They were somewhere around 50% on third down in the first half and they were completely blowing the Raiders out on both sides of the ball.

Then they put some backups in and ran a vanilla game plan for almost the entire second half.

I wouldn't be too caught up in broad stats like that without delving deeper into the box score and stat sheets.

Also, having 63 yards for both RBs is good. Hill was running well despite the misleading YPC. I'm sure he'll be just fine. He doesn't need to rush for 150 yards every game to do what we need him to do, especially if Gio is a legitimate threat rushing as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:13 PM)RASCAL Wrote: I look at 63 yds for Hill and Gio each, 

Bengals are 8th in the league in rushing yardage.

Doesn't matter if it is split between two players or not.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 11:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals are 8th in the league in rushing yardage.

Doesn't matter if it is split between two players or not.

I would have to agree, why not share the "workload" when we can, its a long season, lets keep the tread new on J Hills tires.

Also as I have pleaded for on other threads why not give Rex more touches?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 12:03 PM)corpjet Wrote: I would have to agree, why not share the "workload" when we can, its a long season, lets keep the tread new on J Hills tires.

Also as I have pleaded for on other threads why not give Rex more touches?

glad to see him be involved that was a nice catch he had down the sideline
Reply/Quote
I think the main stat to judge was yards per play. Even yards per completion was above 10 for Dalton. Anytime you do that the offense is clicking.

I turned the game off at the end of the 3rd quarter because I didn't want to watch the Raiders score garbage points ;P so the team looked nearly flawless to me.
Reply/Quote
Our third down efficiency was definitely weak on O, which needs to be addressed. When we go up against better teams we will probably see more third downs and we will need to convert to be competitive. Obviously I would like to see Hill's YPC be higher, but as a tandem him and Gio were solid. Dalton looked very sharp, Eifert was a beast, and we won without any huge contributions from our WRs.

On D Geno was a disruptive monster and the rest of the line played well. LBs did a pretty good job and the secondary didn't give up any big plays. I didn't see too many missed tackles either and +2 turnovers is usually a recipe for success. Overall the team looked very well prepared. Of course it was just one game and we all know how the Bengals can go from red hot to ice cold, but I'm optimistic.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 07:20 AM)djs7685 Wrote: They were somewhere around 50% on third down in the first half and they were completely blowing the Raiders out on both sides of the ball.

Then they put some backups in and ran a vanilla game plan for almost the entire second half.

I wouldn't be too caught up in broad stats like that without delving deeper into the box score and stat sheets.

Also, having 63 yards for both RBs is good. Hill was running well despite the misleading YPC. I'm sure he'll be just fine. He doesn't need to rush for 150 yards every game to do what we need him to do, especially if Gio is a legitimate threat rushing as well.

This.

Total Marvinball in the 2nd half.
If they wanted to they could have made it REAL ugly.

A different coach and I think the Bengals could have easily put a 50-burger on em had they not went into Marvinmode.
Reply/Quote
Let's also not forget they were stacking the box because they knew it was most likely going to be a run, plus we pulled some starters on the OLine.
Reply/Quote