Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Browns Week 2 On NFL Network
I'm watching week 2 replay of the Bengals at the Browns and all I have to say is this offensive line was so atrocious last year that it was worse than I remember. If we don't take Sewell in round 1 and another offensive lineman in round 2, god help Joe Burrow this season. The defense was in the backfield waiting for Burrow half the time with this pathetic offensive line.

And the coaches said they had confidence in that group last offseason?!?!? Ridiculous.....
Reply/Quote
Set your DVR for 3am. They’re replaying Browns vs Bengals from 10/25/20.

I think this should be filed under Horror instead of Football.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 12:21 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Set your DVR for 3am. They’re replaying Browns vs Bengals from 10/25/20.

I think this should be filed under Horror instead of Football.

I think watching this is more than I can handle...
Reply/Quote
Damn, you can see Uzomah’s Achilles pop.
Reply/Quote
That line was as bad as it gets,
Reply/Quote
My girlfriend just made me re-watch that game recently.

I won't say exactly why she did it, but it is frustrating to not be able to scream at the TV due to the ballgag.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 12:13 AM)GodFather Wrote: I'm watching week 2 replay of the Bengals at the Browns 

Are they playing Beethoven while you watch?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 12:13 AM)GodFather Wrote: I'm watching week 2 replay of the Bengals at the Browns and all I have to say is this offensive line was so atrocious last year that it was worse than I remember. If we don't take Sewell in round 1 and another offensive lineman in round 2, god help Joe Burrow this season. The defense was in the backfield waiting for Burrow half the time with this pathetic offensive line.

And the coaches said they had confidence in that group last offseason?!?!? Ridiculous.....

It's probably not very helpful looking back at week 2 tape of the O-line. Things have already changed.

Even if they don't draft a single O-lineman (and I think they'll take one in the second round and maybe double dip in the third) you're still likely only looking at one survivor from that Cleveland game starting week 1.

Since then they've signed two NFL multi-year starters, they've got a former second rounder back from injury who missed that game and they've changed O-line coaches. Draft that second round lineman and all of a sudden of your starting five lineman, first man off the bench and coach - of that seven only one was in place week 2 v Cleveland last year. We don't know that it is fixed but we do know that it will be different. 
Reply/Quote
Chase is a fantastic prospect.

Could be as good as Julio or AJ.

Well deserving of a top 5 selection.

It is utter madness by Bengals if they do not take Sewell and at least consider double dipping for another o lineman in round 2 depending on the grades of other alternatives.

Given the pathetic and several year performance of the Bengals o line, drafting Chase on top of basically only buying a band-aid in free agency by signing one average but declining tackle is madness.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 12:13 AM)GodFather Wrote: I'm watching week 2 replay of the Bengals at the Browns and all I have to say is this offensive line was so atrocious last year that it was worse than I remember. If we don't take Sewell in round 1 and another offensive lineman in round 2, god help Joe Burrow this season. The defense was in the backfield waiting for Burrow half the time with this pathetic offensive line.

thats why they kept calling passing plays lol
Reply/Quote

I'd love to land Sewell in round 1 and Dickerson in round 2.  I'm normally not a fan of double dipping, but in this case I would think it is warranted. Upon reflection, this really wouldn't be double dipping, since Dickerson would probably be slated for interior duty. I do think he could probably play RT in a pinch.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 02:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Are they playing Beethoven while you watch?

[Image: giphy.gif]

I woke up. The pain and sickness all over me like an animal. Then I realized what it was. The music coming up from the floor was our old friend, Ludwig Van, and the dreaded Ninth Symphony.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 01:15 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Chase is  a fantastic prospect.

Could be as good as Julio or AJ.

Well deserving of a top 5 selection.

It is utter madness by Bengals if they do not take Sewell  and at least consider double dipping for another o lineman in round 2 depending on the grades of other alternatives.

Given the pathetic and several year performance of the Bengals o line, drafting Chase on top of basically only buying a band-aid in free agency by signing one average but declining tackle is madness.

This is the Bengals....  welcome Chase and pray for Burrow to stay alive.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 01:19 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I'd love to land Sewell in round 1 and Dickerson in round 2.  I'm normally not a fan of double dipping, but in this case I would think it is warranted.  Upon reflection, this really wouldn't be double dipping, since Dickerson would probably be slated for interior duty.  I do think he could probably play RT in a pinch.

We are not far from needing a Center and it could be considered a need now really. Hopkins may not reach his former level of play, we dont know yet. He got hurt pretty bad and is a 28 year old big guy. Price is still a big question mark, although his lone game at C last year he looked pretty good. Truth is, we havent had a really good Center since Rich Braham, and when we had him it made a very big difference. Dickerson has the look of a totally dominant C. Even with his injury some people have projected him to go in the 1st, but I think he will be there in the 2nd. Double dipping would be fine with me in this instance. In fact, trading back to get Slater would allow us to maybe get both Dyami Brown and Dickerson in the 2nd. 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 03:39 PM)GodFather Wrote: I woke up. The pain and sickness all over me like an animal. Then I realized what it was. The music coming up from the floor was our old friend, Ludwig Van, and the dreaded Ninth Symphony.

Rep
Reply/Quote