Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals COULD Go Into First Place Tonight
IF Browns beat the Ravens in the early game, Ravens go to 8-5.  If Bengals beat 49ers in the early evening game, Bengals go to 8-5 also.  The Bengals win over Baltimore would give the Bengals the First Place tie breaker with 4 games left to play.  When was the last time we saw our Bengals in First Place in the middle of December.  It's been a while.  

So it would be easy for me to get all wrapped up in the Bengals vs 49ers history. The 2 Super Bowl losses.  49ers have owned the Bengals. The last meeting the 49ers clobbered the 2019 Bengals in one of Zac Taylors first games of the complete rebuild, Burrow still at LSU. I could go into great, painful memory of the Super Bowl losses, but what's the point, none of those players or coaches are playing today.

I know Ravens, they love to go into the 1985 Bears Defense and put everybody on the line to stuff the run and sack the QB. This is why Mixon struggled against Ravens.  This is also why Uzomah and Chase had big plays down the field.  To beat the Ravens you have to Pass and use the TE.  Ravens leave themselves open by putting too many on the line.  So Browns will not beat them with Chubb, it will have to be Mayfield hitting Browns TE and WR's down the field burning Ravens in their run defense to stop Chubb. All of Ohio will get this as the CBS early game.

If Browns win and Ravens lose, then it is up to Bengals.  49ers are trying for a Wild Card spot, this is a tough match-up.  When I think of 49ers, I think of Kittle at TE, I think of usually a tough 49ers defense, and I think of a 49ers team that loves to BLOCK you off the field into the cheap seats. I'm not sure how they are on their RB injuries.  It is huge that Bengals have their starting O Line back. Much talk will be on Burrows finger, but he says he will be OK.  At least the game is not in San Francisco.

The Bengals fell way behind to Chargers, but never quit and fought back, that showed character. DO NOT fall way behind to 49ers back to back weeks.  Bengals made a years worth of mistakes in the first half last week. Can't do that today.

Bengals players need to give extra effort to win today.  Bengals and 49ers are playing for the play-offs, this is a play-off type game late in the season.  No matter what Ravens do, Bengals need to win today to keep pace.  However if Ravens lose and Bengals win, Bengals do move into First Place.  

Just pointing out that it is possible for Bengals to be in First Place tonight, as I type this at 7:30 in morning.  I say tonight because the Bengals will start playing the 49ers in the daylight around 4 or 4:30, but it gets dark at 5 PM now, and much of this will be under the lights at night in a game most on the USA should get on CBS, as 60 minutes and Sunday Night Programming will be delayed. The Bengals & 49ers will probably start late due to early games going long, and go late into the night. This will add to a Play-Off Game atmosphere as CBS Prime Time is delayed while 49ers and Bengals battle for play-offs. Most of USA could see Bengals not only win, but go into First Place in AFC North in dark of Cincinnati night on CBS.  Look for CBS to throw in much of 49ers / Bengals Super Bowl Memories during game to add to the Play-Off Night Game Atmosphere of all this.

Go Bengals

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Bengals just need to win. The playoffs kind of began last week IMO.

No more playing mediocre at times. We need to bring it every game from here on out.
We may lose “a game or two” and still get in but we control our own destiny.

We also can’t expect to get to the playoffs and moreover, do damage, if we don’t
bring our A-game …. every game.

We have the talent to win the SB IMO; but if they can’t find that heart and mojo to do so, we are cooked.
Reply/Quote
I noticed in the "Media Roundtable" Paul Dehner is the only one that picked the 9ers to win. Freakin Dehner....
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:32 AM)kevin Wrote: IF Browns beat the Ravens in the early game, Ravens go to 8-5.  If Bengals beat 49ers in the early evening game, Bengals go to 8-5 also.  The Bengals win over Baltimore would give the Bengals the First Place tie breaker with 4 games left to play.  When was the last time we saw our Bengals in First Place in the middle of December.  It's been a while.  

So it would be easy for me to get all wrapped up in the Bengals vs 49ers history. The 2 Super Bowl losses.  49ers have owned the Bengals. The last meeting the 49ers clobbered the 2019 Bengals in one of Zac Taylors first games of the complete rebuild, Burrow still at LSU. I could go into great, painful memory of the Super Bowl losses, but what's the point, none of those players or coaches are playing today.

I know Ravens, they love to go into the 1985 Bears Defense and put everybody on the line to stuff the run and sack the QB. This is why Mixon struggled against Ravens.  This is also why Uzomah and Chase had big plays down the field.  To beat the Ravens you have to Pass and use the TE.  Ravens leave themselves open by putting too many on the line.  So Browns will not beat them with Chubb, it will have to be Mayfield hitting Browns TE and WR's down the field burning Ravens in their run defense to stop Chubb. All of Ohio will get this as the CBS early game.

If Browns win and Ravens lose, then it is up to Bengals.  49ers are trying for a Wild Card spot, this is a tough match-up.  When I think of 49ers, I think of Kittle at TE, I think of usually a tough 49ers defense, and I think of a 49ers team that loves to BLOCK you off the field into the cheap seats. I'm not sure how they are on their RB injuries.  It is huge that Bengals have their starting O Line back. Much talk will be on Burrows finger, but he says he will be OK.  At least the game is not in San Francisco.

The Bengals fell way behind to Chargers, but never quit and fought back, that showed character. DO NOT fall way behind to 49ers back to back weeks.  Bengals made a years worth of mistakes in the first half last week. Can't do that today.

Bengals players need to give extra effort to win today.  Bengals and 49ers are playing for the play-offs, this is a play-off type game late in the season.  No matter what Ravens do, Bengals need to win today to keep pace.  However if Ravens lose and Bengals win, Bengals do move into First Place.  

Just pointing out that it is possible for Bengals to be in First Place tonight, as I type this at 7:30 in morning.  I say tonight because the Bengals will start playing the 49ers in the daylight around 4 or 4:30, but it gets dark at 5 PM now, and much of this will be under the lights at night in a game most on the USA should get on CBS, as 60 minutes and Sunday Night Programming will be delayed. The Bengals & 49ers will probably start late due to early games going long, and go late into the night. This will add to a Play-Off Game atmosphere as CBS Prime Time is delayed while 49ers and Bengals battle for play-offs. Most of USA could see Bengals not only win, but go into First Place in AFC North in dark of Cincinnati night on CBS.  Look for CBS to throw in much of 49ers / Bengals Super Bowl Memories during game to add to the Play-Off Night Game Atmosphere of all this.

Go Bengals

Tiger

Don't worry Kev, the game will kick off at 4:25 sharp. Only a small part of the US will see the game though. The Raiders/Chiefs game is what most of the country will see. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Just win Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I won't say this is must win as we could still get in if we lose. But I think this game is an indicator if we are a playoff team. Last week and now this week have been playoff type games as both teams are in the playoff hunt late in the year. If we lose them both I don't see us making the post season. The 49ers are without Mitchell and they're other 2 RBs are not good. But a lot of they're run game has been Deebo as he's done some really good this year. So if he plays I see this as a very hard fought game if the Bengals can play the way we know they can. If Deebo sits then the Bengals absolutely should win this football game.
Reply/Quote
Let's just hope our blockers can knock those blockheads of the blocking field!

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5564560][Image: He+knocked+my+block+off%25E2%2580%25A6.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bosa is  their only real pass rusher.. Should be interesting to see if Bosa can be neutralized..  twould be ok to see Joe pick em to pieces..and Joe run through their line like swiss cheese..
I can dream!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 12:02 PM)grampahol Wrote: Bosa is  their only real pass rusher.. Should be interesting to see if Bosa can be neutralized..  twould be ok to see Joe pick em to pieces..and Joe run through their line like swiss cheese..
I can dream!  

Yeah I haven't watched much of the 49ers this year. But hopefully we can just have a good gameplan against him like we seemed to do against TJ Watt.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:32 AM)kevin Wrote: IF Browns beat the Ravens in the early game, Ravens go to 8-5.  If Bengals beat 49ers in the early evening game, Bengals go to 8-5 also.  The Bengals win over Baltimore would give the Bengals the First Place tie breaker with 4 games left to play.  When was the last time we saw our Bengals in First Place in the middle of December.  It's been a while.  

Go Bengals

Tiger
Its a tough matchup.. when I see the 49ers I see a NFC version of the Browns in a way. A very good O line,  some good skill players and can pound you with the run game to set up the big plays down field. Also, Kittle is a problem...not sure how they plan on containing him. On D they have a great edge guy in Bosa and some very good LBs. 
The Browns have owned the Bengals last few games so Im hoping ZT and Co can devise a gameplan to flip the script and maybe for once come out hot and not cough up a turnover within the 1st few minutes. Im also hoping Burrow comes out pissed and ready to make a statement to the home fans....they havent been very good at home this yr.    
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:50 AM)Whacked Wrote: Bengals just need to win. The playoffs kind of began last week IMO.

No more playing mediocre at times. We need to bring it every game from here on out.
We may lose “a game or two” and still get in but we control our own destiny.

We also can’t expect to get to the playoffs and moreover, do damage, if we don’t
bring our A-game …. every game.

We have the talent to win the SB IMO; but if they can’t find that heart and mojo to do so, we are cooked.

I fired up the ol' ESPN Playoff Machine last night, and it looks like winning the next 3 would put us in terrific position.  Overall it looked like 3 of 5 would still need some things to fall our way, but 4 is a lock, and 5 still leaves the opportunity for the 1 overall seed if the cards fall right.
Reply/Quote
I'm just nervous over Burrows pinky injury... hope he can play close to 100%
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 12:48 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I fired up the ol' ESPN Playoff Machine last night, and it looks like winning the next 3 would put us in terrific position.  Overall it looked like 3 of 5 would still need some things to fall our way, but 4 is a lock, and 5 still leaves the opportunity for the 1 overall seed if the cards fall right.

Even 3 out of 5 will be tough if they keep up this Dr Jekyll MrHyde nonsense.

If they play at the level they can, they can win 5 straight.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 12:58 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm just nervous over Burrows pinky injury... hope he can play close to 100%

Likewise, I hope he's able to come out and zip the ball around when needed.
Reply/Quote
I’m more worried about our LBers and the D then Burrow. He was slinging it just fine last week after the injury.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 04:17 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I’m more worried about our LBers and the D then Burrow. He was slinging it just fine last week after the injury.

Although our D tends to rock-n-roll, I agree. I worry about them more today than Burrow & Co.

Reply/Quote
jimmy g is mediocre, baker mayfield mediocre 15-8 this year
Reply/Quote