Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals Can Have Another 8-0 Start
The offensive line sucks and the defense will be average at best this year.

Too many of you are putting such high stock into unproven talent like Billings. That guy could suck for all we know.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I can see why people are a bit hesitant to be optimistic this year. We had a bunch of "this guy can totally step up" scenarios going into last season and we emerged with 6 wins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 11:01 AM)kevin Wrote: Anything that could go wrong, did go wrong in 2016.  I look for this team to bounce back and be more like 2015 than 2016, only we hit the play-offs healthy for a change and not only win that play-off game but with stars Dalton, Green, Eifert, Atkins, Dunlap healthy this team goes Super Bowl.

And here I keep going back and forth on whether the Bengals front office is going for a top 5 pick in 2018 draft and trying to best the Browns for the bottom spot in the division. Meanwhile you have them putting on their best performance in 29 years.

I would like to remind one and all that Mike Brown hasn't departed and Marvin Lewis is still the HC, if for no other reason than to sober everyone up a little.

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 12:41 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon man, you know his name.  Besides, he could still kick your ass any day of the week..
Who kicked you in the nuts? Yes, I know his name.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 10:01 PM)Derrick Wrote: Who kicked you in the nuts? Yes, I know his name.

Sorry man, it was after I posted that I looked down and realized that the B and V are right next to each other on the keyboard. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 08:51 PM)BengalChris Wrote: And here I keep going back and forth on whether the Bengals front office is going for a top 5 pick in 2018 draft and trying to best the Browns for the bottom spot in the division. Meanwhile you have them putting on their best performance in 29 years.

I would like to remind one and all that Mike Brown hasn't departed and Marvin Lewis is still the HC, if for no other reason than to sober everyone up a little.

Damn it!

I don't like to be sober!!! Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 04:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The offensive line sucks and the defense will be average at best this year.

Too many of you are putting such high stock into unproven talent like Billings. That guy could suck for all we know.

If Billings sucks, blame me Weezy.

I truly believe this guy will be special for us if injuries don't put him out of the league.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 04:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The offensive line sucks and the defense will be average at best this year.

I am confused, are you saying Peko will be hard to replace? Are you saying our DL was average a year ago?

I bring it up because we have many who feel Peko is and was a horrible DT, many believed Hunt was a horrible backup DL. Gilberry was picked up late in 2016 so he also is like a new addition to our DL. Hardison was out all year and Thompson was injured and missed games.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 11:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn it!

I don't like to be sober!!! Whatever

Sorry about that.

Reply/Quote
I see many have boarded the optimistic train. I'm truly happy for you because it's definitely a ride I would prefer to be on. However, as a few have mentioned, we still have Mike & Marv as the engineers who have never reached the destination. Therefore, I'm going to hang back here at the station, sip on a few cocktails at the pessimistic lounge and wish you all a good ride. Maybe I'll catch the next train out once I get liquored up and gain a little liquid confidence. Hell, maybe I'll get to the point where I hand someone my drink and say "watch this!"

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 06:34 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I see many have boarded the optimistic train. I'm truly happy for you because it's definitely a ride I would prefer to be on. However, as a few have mentioned, we still have Mike & Marv as the engineers who have never reached the destination. Therefore, I'm going to hang back here at the station, sip on a few cocktails at the pessimistic lounge and wish you all a good ride. Maybe I'll catch the next train out once I get liquored up and gain a little liquid confidence. Hell, maybe I'll get to the point where I hand someone my drink and say "watch this!"

One step on the platform, the other on the train...

Thats me, but i am a good drinkin buddy. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 06:34 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I see many have boarded the optimistic train. I'm truly happy for you because it's definitely a ride I would prefer to be on. However, as a few have mentioned, we still have Mike & Marv as the engineers who have never reached the destination. Therefore, I'm going to hang back here at the station, sip on a few cocktails at the pessimistic lounge and wish you all a good ride. Maybe I'll catch the next train out once I get liquored up and gain a little liquid confidence. Hell, maybe I'll get to the point where I hand someone my drink and say "watch this!"

I'll join ya Harley

I, like you, have right next to zero faith anything is going to change under M&M. We all know the core problems. No accountability, no discipline, no respect, see Adam Jones still on the team. Until that major breakdown is addressed and fixed we're always looking over our shoulder waiting on the next implosion.
Reply/Quote
"Bengals can have another 8-0 start"

APRIL FOOLS!
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 01:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'll join ya Harley

I, like you, have right next to zero faith anything is going to change under M&M. We all know the core problems. No accountability, no discipline, no respect, see Adam Jones still on the team. Until that major breakdown is addressed and fixed we're always looking over our shoulder waiting on the next implosion.

Look at it this way, if us homers are wrong and we go 0-8 there might be a change.

Let Marv leave, hire Guenther as HC, get a new O-line coach etc.

Could be a very good team in a couple years that might actually win a playoff game cause the HC believes in adjustments...
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 01:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post Crowe, to some of your points...

Whit was and still is my biggest problem with this Offseason but even then i could be wrong and he might start
to fall off this year with the Rams. If we paid him a similar deal to what they gave him and he did that here that
might of hurt us worse than where we are now.

Ogbuehi will improve and from what we are hearing he is working his ass off.

Andre i always thought would make a fine Guard, he is big, strong is a good run blocker and being that he has
always been a Tackle is a great pass blocking Guard. This could be a great move and an upgrade over Zeitler if
he can stay healthy. If not, i like Westerman a lot who was a great pass blocker in college. Pretty much the same
player as Zeitler but could get better in run blocking.

Adding a Center like Toth, Elflein, Orlovsky and we could be much better at OL. There will be growing pains tho.

Thanks Nate!

I agree with you on all of this. Yea we lost some good guys in Whit and Kevin, but father time will always win and maybe Whit plays at a top tier level again, but we've all seen it, a player is playing top of the line and then boom they fall off. Whit going on 36 is going to hit that wall and with what you said about him, it makes sense to let him walk for the 15mil that he got guaranteed.

Have you watched Ceds workout videos, he looks great, it looks like his knee is holding up and he looked like he was in good shape. It only bodes well for us and time will tell if he turns out to be elite, solid, average, or not, but we def need to give him a chance.

Andre has always been a good lineman, he's just had a few down years. I think bringing him back to a familiar offense and moving him to G is a great idea. For me guys like him and Bodine scream G and I felt they were playing out of position, plus with having Westerman I think that gives us some depth at G and Kevin was good, but not elite so he is replaceable.

If we can add one of the C's you mentioned than I think that helps more than folks realize. Not only will it help the G position, but it should help running backs as well.
Reply/Quote

How do you figure the defense will be average? Not only do we get Billings, WJ3, and Hardison back, but we cut dead weight Peko and Mauluaga plus I'm sure we'll draft at least a pass rusher or 2 and a few other defensive players. If we do get a good pass rusher opposite Dunlap than that will help the entire defense and Burfict is a stud at LB so adding a solid buy like Minter will only help.

Also I believe that both Billings and WJ3 will be solid players that's the reason why I'm putting stock in them. Billings can't be worse than Peko, Sims, Thompson, Gilberry, or Hunt so that right there is an improvement.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 09:10 AM)Crowe Wrote: Thanks Nate!

I agree with you on all of this. Yea we lost some good guys in Whit and Kevin, but father time will always win and maybe Whit plays at a top tier level again, but we've all seen it, a player is playing top of the line and then boom they fall off. Whit going on 36 is going to hit that wall and with what you said about him, it makes sense to let him walk for the 15mil that he got guaranteed.

Have you watched Ceds workout videos, he looks great, it looks like his knee is holding up and he looked like he was in good shape. It only bodes well for us and time will tell if he turns out to be elite, solid, average, or not, but we def need to give him a chance.

Andre has always been a good lineman, he's just had a few down years. I think bringing him back to a familiar offense and moving him to G is a great idea. For me guys like him and Bodine scream G and I felt they were playing out of position, plus with having Westerman I think that gives us some depth at G and Kevin was good, but not elite so he is replaceable.

If we can add one of the C's you mentioned than I think that helps more than folks realize. Not only will it help the G position, but it should help running backs as well.

You're welcome man.

In the end both Whit and especially Zeit were overpaid.

Have not watched Ced's workout videos, but hearing from Glazer he is doing really well at his MMA camp.

Sounds like he wants to be great and that is what i needed to hear. Lapham last year saying Ced did not seem to
want not to get beat was my biggest worry. Sounds like this has changed thank God. Fisher has been asked so much
it will be good for him to finally stay at a position.

With Bodine going into the last year of his contract i could really see us drafting a Center somewhat early.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 09:22 AM)Crowe Wrote: How do you figure the defense will be average? Not only do we get Billings, WJ3, and Hardison back, but we cut dead weight Peko and Mauluaga plus I'm sure we'll draft at least a pass rusher or 2 and a few other defensive players. If we do get a good pass rusher opposite Dunlap than that will help the entire defense and Burfict is a stud at LB so adding a solid buy like Minter will only help.

Also I believe that both Billings and WJ3 will be solid players that's the reason why I'm putting stock in them. Billings can't be worse than Peko, Sims, Thompson, Gilberry, or Hunt so that right there is an improvement.

Plus the Defense was above average after the bye last year and we had 3 new coaches trying to settle in.

I am particularly excited about the Defense this year.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully you guys have a great season. I think the Bengals will be back!
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 12:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You're welcome man.

In the end both Whit and especially Zeit were overpaid.

Have not watched Ced's workout videos, but hearing from Glazer he is doing really well at his MMA camp.

Sounds like he wants to be great and that is what i needed to hear. Lapham last year saying Ced did not seem to
want not to get beat was my biggest worry. Sounds like this has changed thank God. Fisher has been asked so much
it will be good for him to finally stay at a position.

With Bodine going into the last year of his contract i could really see us drafting a Center somewhat early.

Weren't they.

Yea he's looking good, stronger for sure and as someone who has had both knees reconstructed I can say it's especially hard to come back a year and a half or so after you tear one, I could only imagine trying to do that as a 300lb man trying to play in the NFL.

If he takes this past year as a big FU moment in his career and really dedicates himself he could be great.

I really hope we finally upgrade the C position, it's been an eyesore since Richie Braham.
Reply/Quote