Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Can't Win In Play-Offs
Anybody else sick of hearing this.....I'm sure the players are....Players like Whitworth and Smith and Atkins and Dunlap and Hall and Peko and AJ Green and Dalton......GO BENGALS.......You can stop being the Rodney Dangerfields of the NFL and earn some respect Saturday.....GO BENGALS.....Everything you have worked for all year in weight rooms and training camps comes down to this one game. .....JUST WIN BABY !!!!!!

There should be no lack of motivation in this one.  There should be no question as to which team wants it more and needs it more. If the Steelers lose, they won't be roasted by the national media and some will cry for them.....but if the Bengals lose again, the national media will horse laugh and put down the Bengals very hard.....So Get Fired Up Bengals !!!!!....GO BENGALS !!!!!!
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:02 PM)kevin Wrote: Anybody else sick of hearing this.....I'm sure the players are....Players like Whitworth and Smith and Atkins and Dunlap and Hall and Peko and AJ Green and Dalton......GO BENGALS.......You can stop being the Rodney Dangerfields of the NFL and earn some respect Saturday.....GO BENGALS.....Everything you have worked for all year in weight rooms and training camps comes down to this one game. .....JUST WIN BABY !!!!!!

There should be no lack of motivation in this one.  There should be no question as to which team wants it more and needs it more. 

What made me irritated was that Thom Brennaman kept bringing up Cincy's playoff woes as well during the Bengals game.

Being a Cincinnatian himself, you'd think he'd avoid talking about it since everyone else and their mothers have been.

All we'll hear until the Bengals win a playoff game is that they can't win one.
Then when they win one, all we'll hear is how they can't win a superbowl.
Then when that happens, all we'll hear is how the Steelers have so many more.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What made me irritated was that Thom Brennaman kept bringing up Cincy's playoff woes as well during the Bengals game.

Being a Cincinnatian himself, you'd think he'd avoid talking about it since everyone else and their mothers have been.

Can't forget that these guys are often given talking points before a game that they tend to stick to.  Anybody else remember the interview recently between Willie Anderson and Lance McAlister where Willie said that he had ESPN personalities admit to him that they were told to bash the Bengals on air?  While this refers to a situation that is now years in the past, it seems the talking point for these media outlets is our playoff woes, and until they change that on the field, that is what we will continue to hear.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:24 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Can't forget that these guys are often given talking points before a game that they tend to stick to.  Anybody else remember the interview recently between Willie Anderson and Lance McAlister where Willie said that he had ESPN personalities admit to him that they were told to bash the Bengals on air?  While this refers to a situation that is now years in the past, it seems the talking point for these media outlets is our playoff woes, and until they change that on the field, that is what we will continue to hear.  

Would love to shut them up Saturday, in prime time, against the Squealers.  How sweet would that be?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What made me irritated was that Thom Brennaman kept bringing up Cincy's playoff woes as well during the Bengals game.

Yes, it hurt to hear Thom Brennaman say those things, but ..did he lie......As an announcer he must state the facts......Like his dad Marty who calls it as he see's it, like it or not, Thom just stated the facts and did his job  as a national announcer. .......and I hope the facts do hurt......I hope the Bengals have been so upset over the play-off losses and fans boo Dalton at an exhibition baseball game for charity, I hope the players are so ticked off they could chew glass and nails and run threw a brick wall to win this game. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
That's a lot of pressure to put on a McCarron led team.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:37 PM)jj22 Wrote: That's a lot of pressure to put on a McCarron led team.

It is what it is......If Bengals lose, and no play-off wins since 1990 season, nobody is going to allow excuses of McCarron led team....No, they will say injuries are a part of football and Steelers have injuries also, quit your excuses for losing.....Just more excuses by Bengals for losing is what most will say. ......You know, this team could get real pissed off and give McCarron a lot of help....These players want to win this bad, I just know they do. ...They are the ones who hear this no play-off win stuff the most, all year long, every day... much more than the fans. 

McCarron did play most of the last Steelers game.  Yes he lost , but you can learn from losing.  In chess, I think you learn more from losing. In football, he did at least get 3 quarters or more of seeing the Steelers defense.  He isn't a virgin to playing the Steelers now.  He's had as many regular season reps as possible, time to put on the big boy pants in the play-offs. ...He did win 2 out of 3 starts !!!
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Ravens beat the Steelers with Ryan Mallett.

No excuses.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
McCarron has to do his part (get the ball out quicker which means read the D faster). Hue can't take most of the play clock getting the play in. The line has to do WAY better blocking and stop being spoiled by Andy's 2nd in the NFL release time. Green and company can't stop on routes or any of that other nonsense - play it all the way through. Hill has to just put his head down and go and stop dancing.

Defensively it is simpler. Blanket Brown and also keep your heads - especially Burflict.

And the whole team and especially the coaches need to just let it all hang out. No fear, no playing not to lose. Open the playbooks and use it all. If we're not favored to win then let's make sure we use everything and if we die, let's "die with our boots on".
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: McCarron has to do his part (get the ball out quicker which means read the D faster). Hue can't take most of the play clock getting the play in. The line has to do WAY better blocking and stop being spoiled by Andy's 2nd in the NFL release time. Green and company can't stop on routes or any of that other nonsense - play it all the way through. Hill has to just put his head down and go and stop dancing.

Defensively it is simpler. Blanket Brown and also keep your heads - especially Burflict.

And the whole team and especially the coaches need to just let it all hang out. No fear, no playing not to lose. Open the playbooks and use it all. If we're not favored to win then let's make sure we use everything and if we die, let's "die with our boots on".
Yeah, I agree with most of this. .....and I might add The JUNGLE FANS must refrain from going Boo, Boo.....This is the play-offs.....The fans need to be the 12th man on defense against this Steelers offense, and the fans must be positive and into it from beginning to end....So I'm putting a lot on the 12th man on defense, The Jungle Fans, to hold up their end as opposed to showing their rear ends. ...If you want a play-off win, do your part and don't boo Bengals but root them on to Victory.  Support Your Troops
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:06 PM)Joelist Wrote: McCarron has to do his part (get the ball out quicker which means read the D faster). Hue can't take most of the play clock getting the play in. The line has to do WAY better blocking and stop being spoiled by Andy's 2nd in the NFL release time. Green and company can't stop on routes or any of that other nonsense - play it all the way through. Hill has to just put his head down and go and stop dancing.

Agree on Macaroni,

He has to speed that internal clock up ! He holds the ball way to long on way to many plays. And if we're going to beat Pittsburgh we're going to have to have a good passing attack.
Reply/Quote

Kyle Schwarber
Reply/Quote
Hopefully they are so sick of hearing it that they win...
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 02:58 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Hopefully they are so sick of hearing it that they win...

We can only hope.

WHODEYYYYYYYYyyy
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Bengals come to play and play with energy. They'll win.
Reply/Quote
THIS don't go away........For years, this don't go away......This is ALL you cats talk about....all year long......" Oh, we won this and this but another one and done ".......and don't tell me you won't be batching and moaning if Steelers win.....

Bengals CAN win this game......It will take 150 %  of everything they got........The Jungle better not Boo, F what you paid for your ticket.

GO BENGALS.....and anybody that comes on here celebrating a Steelers win, THEY ARE TROLLS....and REMEMBER THEM. 

So get fired up.....you want a play-off win......YOU want a play-off win......GET FIRED UP.......GET FIRED UP......GO JUNGLE....GO BENGALS.
Tiger Who Dey

Bengals have the D Line...I know they do....they brought back MJ and Sims......This is one hell of a D Line....I'm still banking on our Super Bowl D Line, like the D lines of 60's Packers or Doomesday Dallas or other monster D lines.....We Got It....Let's use it. ...I be a Bengals fan since 1968, and this best D Line ever, Nothin' even close.......and I see them all.......and our O line ain't bad either......We can win this game in the trenches...IF THEY WANT IT....Hey BUDS...Are you 300 pound gorillas getting tired of being called LOSERS ????????.....Rumble In THe Jungle......Fire OFF that line........I knew, I knew Bill Parcellls Giants were going all the way first play-off game....knocking people back 5 yards..... It ain't the Oucho Show, it's the blocking and tackling people...that's what it is....per best winning coaches ever, Rockne and LOmbardi......you play like wimps, you lose like wimps. .....4 straight one and done's........Well, the players know, they have to earn it. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Meh, when you haven't done something for 25 years it's hard to argue against people who say you "can't" do it. Sure, it's annoying hearing people say the Bengals "can't" win in the playoffs, but I'm sure Browns fans are sick of hearing people say the Browns "can't" win in the regular season.

You can't argue either assertion until proven otherwise, though I'd say more than a few of our post-season losses of the last 25 years smack more of "won't" than "can't."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 10:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, when you haven't done something for 25 years it's hard to argue against people who say you "can't" do it. Sure, it's annoying hearing people say the Bengals "can't" win in the playoffs, but I'm sure Browns fans are sick of hearing people say the Browns "can't" win in the regular season.

You can't argue either assertion until proven otherwise, though I'd say more than a few of our post-season losses of the last 25 years smack more of "won't" than "can't."

Pretty much. If you want a different narrative, you'll have to change the narrative.

To paraphrase the Big Tuna: you are what your playoff record says you are.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 10:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, when you haven't done something for 25 years it's hard to argue against people who say you "can't" do it.  Sure, it's annoying hearing people say the Bengals "can't" win in the playoffs, but I'm sure Browns fans are sick of hearing people say the Browns "can't" win in the regular season.

BUT......The Browns ain't in no play-offs......and we are a hell of a lot better than the Browns that played Steelers last week.  .....and I would say this is our best team......25 years my butt......Those 4-12 teams in the 1990's have nothing to do with this

I'm not saying Steelers won't win....but if Ravens could clock them 2 weeks ago, so can we......Steelers have a lot of weaknesses.....THIS GAME in THE JUNGLE is very much a chance for a WIN........GO BENGALS. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 10:39 PM)kevin Wrote: BUT......The Browns ain't in no play-offs......and we are a hell of a lot better than the Browns that played Steelers last week.  .....and I would say this is our best team......25 years my butt......Those 4-12 teams in the 1990's have nothing to do with this

I'm not saying Steelers won't win....but if Ravens could clock them 2 weeks ago, so can we......Steelers have a lot of weaknesses.....THIS GAME in THE JUNGLE is very much a chance for a WIN........GO BENGALS. 

Bah, you optimists are driving me nuts.

+ Our team is THE MOST TALENTED in the NFL!
+ Marvin is so awesome he RESURRECTED this franchise!
+ Our coordinators are SO AWESOME that they are becoming playoff-bound HCs!
+ We are A++++ on draft day!
+ We avoid over-priced FA's!
+ Our QB is a true leader and full of swaggerful swagger!
+ We draw playoff matchups that are favorable because we are going to be MAD or HYPED or playing in the same city we last won in, or we're home and went 8-0 at home and blah blah blah!!!!
+ MARVIN IS A GM!!!!
+ Mike Brown was executive of THE YEAR!!!
+ Duke Tobin is GOD

So why oh WHY are we 0-6 in the playoffs since Marvin placed this franchise on his back and pulled it up the steep, muddy hill that is the NFL?  Are we cursed?  Is it magic?  Do we go into the playoffs ever year with our starting QB on a slab?  I honestly don't know.  I need someone who thinks this organization walks on water and SHOULD be lauded as the cream of the NFL by every expert and naysayer to show me the light.

Something, SOMETHING must be wrong for us to go 0-4.  Let's just say Carson Palmer is a quitter who throws 17 pick sixes per game and he single-handedly made 2003-2010 into evidence we "CAN'T" win in the playoffs...so now what is it?
Reply/Quote