Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Can't Win In Play-Offs
(01-06-2016, 11:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Bah, you optimists are driving me nuts.

+ Our team is THE MOST TALENTED in the NFL!
+ Marvin is so awesome he RESURRECTED this franchise!
+ Our coordinators are SO AWESOME that they are becoming playoff-bound HCs!
+ We are A++++ on draft day!
+ We avoid over-priced FA's!
+ Our QB is a true leader and full of swaggerful swagger!
+ We draw playoff matchups that are favorable because we are going to be MAD or HYPED or playing in the same city we last won in, or we're home and went 8-0 at home and blah blah blah!!!!
+ MARVIN IS A GM!!!!
+ Mike Brown was executive of THE YEAR!!!
+ Duke Tobin is GOD

So why oh WHY are we 0-6 in the playoffs since Marvin placed this franchise on his back and pulled it up the steep, muddy hill that is the NFL?  Are we cursed?  Is it magic?  Do we go into the playoffs ever year with our starting QB on a slab?  I honestly don't know.  I need someone who thinks this organization walks on water and SHOULD be lauded as the cream of the NFL by every expert and naysayer to show me the light.

Something, SOMETHING must be wrong for us to go 0-4.  Let's just say Carson Palmer is a quitter who throws 17 pick sixes per game and he single-handedly made 2003-2010 into evidence we "CAN'T" win in the playoffs...so now what is it?
You NEGATIVES drive me nuts........You put down us wanting the Bengals to WIN......and you DARE to compare us to the last place Browns........You are one of these true blue as ho's that come on here and are trolls putting down our team...GO root for somebody else. as if you aren't already........GO BENGALS 

So why oh why oh why, as you say....But really.....Who the hell are who ?.........For all your non sense bull. you are not a fan...and never were. 

This is yet another STEEELER on these boards that talks STEELERS all year long.....what else is new. ...Oh, they have computers in Pittsburg........Maybe why Bengals.Com dropped this nonsense. ????
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:09 PM)kevin Wrote: You NEGATIVES drive me nuts........You put down us wanting the Bengals to WIN......and you DARE to compare us to the last place Browns........You are one of these true blue as ho's that come on here and are trolls putting down our team...GO root for somebody else. as if you aren't already........GO BENGALS 

So why oh why oh why, as you say....But really.....Who the hell are who ?.........For all your non sense bull. you are not a fan...and never were. 

I'm not being negative, I'm just suggesting the Bengals might not be as bullet-proof as some people seem to think.  Unless some legitimate curse is involved where the best team performs the worst when it comes to the playoffs.

And I wasn't comparing the Bengals to the Browns...I'm saying it's as fair for people to say the Bengals can't win in the playoffs (0-6), as it is for people to say the Browns can't win EVER.  Because they don't win...ever.

Anyways, I'll take your advice and become a fan of a different team.  *POOF* I'm a Steeler fan now!  I LUV PIG BEN!!! I WANT HIM TO DIDDLE MY SISTER (who is also my wife!).  I LOVE KETCHUP ON EVERYTHING!  I personally have SIX RINGS!!!! HOW many Super Bowl rings do YOU HAVE?  I'm gonna jump CROTCH FIRST into something like Antonio BROWNN!!!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Anyways, I'll take your advice and become a fan of a different team.  *POOF* I'm a Steeler fan now!  I LUV PIG BEN!!! I WANT HIM TO DIDDLE MY SISTER (who is also my wife!).  I LOVE KETCHUP ON EVERYTHING!  I personally have SIX RINGS!!!! HOW many Super Bowl rings do YOU HAVE?  I'm gonna jump CROTCH FIRST into something like Antonio BROWNN!!!!!

You fly that freak flag (towel?) LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not being negative, I'm just suggesting the Bengals might not be as bullet-proof as some people seem to think.  Unless some legitimate curse is involved where the best team performs the worst when it comes to the playoffs.

And I wasn't comparing the Bengals to the Browns...I'm saying it's as fair for people to say the Bengals can't win in the playoffs (0-6), as it is for people to say the Browns can't win EVER.  Because they don't win...ever.

Anyways, I'll take your advice and become a fan of a different team.  *POOF* I'm a Steeler fan now!  I LUV PIG BEN!!! I WANT HIM TO DIDDLE MY SISTER (who is also my wife!).  I LOVE KETCHUP ON EVERYTHING!  I personally have SIX RINGS!!!! HOW many Super Bowl rings do YOU HAVE?  I'm gonna jump CROTCH FIRST into something like Antonio BROWNN!!!!!
Although  you may say that last paragraph is sarcastic, I don't buy it........You came on Steelers.....You left Steelers.....GO  BENGALS !!!!!!!.........and you can jump face first into any Steelers jock that you want to. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:25 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: You fly that freak flag (towel?) LOL

I do.  Myron Cope gives me a boner!  Also, I think I'm a culinary genius because I put french fries on everything.  I can eat 100 perogies without feeling any shame!  I live in the city of champions, as long as you exclude the Pirates, Penguins, and Steelers for decades at a time.  Do you wanna go dahntahn n'at?  Kevin is right...it was I who destroyed the old Bengals board because I am truly a Steelers fan in disguise!  I used to work in a factory, but now my job is gone and I'm full of cancer but I stay here because I think it makes me TOUGH.  Rooting for the Steelers makes me TOUGH.  

Any more questions, you stupid Skyline Chili-eating losers?!

(01-06-2016, 11:27 PM)kevin Wrote: Although  you may say that last paragraph is sarcastic, I don't buy it........You came on Steelers.....You left Steelers.....GO  BENGALS !!!!!!!.........and you can jump face first into any Steelers jock that you want to. 

You're just jealous because my favorite team of the last 13 minutes totally has SIX RINGS!!!!  SIXBURGH BABY!!!! ONE FOR THE WIENER!!!! 

I'm a die-hard Steelers fan and I fit right in because I've been a fan of them for almost no time at all!  This is easy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I do.  Myron Cope gives me a boner!  Also, I think I'm a culinary genius because I put french fries on everything.  I can eat 100 perogies without feeling any shame!  I live in the city of champions, as long as you exclude the Pirates, Penguins, and Steelers for decades at a time.  Do you wanna go dahntahn n'at?  Kevin is right...it was I who destroyed the old Bengals board because I am truly a Steelers fan in disguise!  I used to work in a factory, but now my job is gone and I'm full of cancer but I stay here because I think it makes me TOUGH.  Rooting for the Steelers makes me TOUGH.  

You're just jealous because my favorite team of the last 13 minutes totally has SIX RINGS!!!!  SIXBURGH BABY!!!! ONE FOR THE WIENER!!!! 

I'm a die-hard Steelers fan and I fit right in because I've been a fan of them for almost no time at all!  This is easy.

Your mock conversion required no more effort than it took to convert 75-80% of their fanbase.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I do.  Myron Cope gives me a boner!  Also, I think I'm a culinary genius because I put french fries on everything.  I can eat 100 perogies without feeling any shame!  I live in the city of champions, as long as you exclude the Pirates, Penguins, and Steelers for decades at a time.  Do you wanna go dahntahn n'at?  Kevin is right...it was I who destroyed the old Bengals board because I am truly a Steelers fan in disguise!  I used to work in a factory, but now my job is gone and I'm full of cancer but I stay here because I think it makes me TOUGH.  Rooting for the Steelers makes me TOUGH.  

Your favorite team of the last 13 minutes..What a Pud you Are........Go Bengals !!!
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 01:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What made me irritated was that Thom Brennaman kept bringing up Cincy's playoff woes as well during the Bengals game.

Being a Cincinnatian himself, you'd think he'd avoid talking about it since everyone else and their mothers have been.

All we'll hear until the Bengals win a playoff game is that they can't win one.
Then when they win one, all we'll hear is how they can't win a superbowl.
Then when that happens, all we'll hear is how the Steelers have so many more.

Thom should correct the spelling of his name and only announce baseball games from here on forward.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 11:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Bah, you optimists are driving me nuts.

+ Our team is THE MOST TALENTED in the NFL!
+ Marvin is so awesome he RESURRECTED this franchise!
+ Our coordinators are SO AWESOME that they are becoming playoff-bound HCs!
+ We are A++++ on draft day!
+ We avoid over-priced FA's!
+ Our QB is a true leader and full of swaggerful swagger!
+ We draw playoff matchups that are favorable because we are going to be MAD or HYPED or playing in the same city we last won in, or we're home and went 8-0 at home and blah blah blah!!!!
+ MARVIN IS A GM!!!!
+ Mike Brown was executive of THE YEAR!!!
+ Duke Tobin is GOD

So why oh WHY are we 0-6 in the playoffs since Marvin placed this franchise on his back and pulled it up the steep, muddy hill that is the NFL?  Are we cursed?  Is it magic?  Do we go into the playoffs ever year with our starting QB on a slab?  I honestly don't know.  I need someone who thinks this organization walks on water and SHOULD be lauded as the cream of the NFL by every expert and naysayer to show me the light.

Something, SOMETHING must be wrong for us to go 0-4.  Let's just say Carson Palmer is a quitter who throws 17 pick sixes per game and he single-handedly made 2003-2010 into evidence we "CAN'T" win in the playoffs...so now what is it?

IMHO, I think the reason the Bengals are 0-6 under ML in the playoffs is mental toughness. This year, with AD as our QB, we had that mental toughness.

Right now, though, I'm not so sure. Of course the players and coaches publically support AJM ... how could they not? But in reality, how confident can the players really be? We played poorly against the Squealers in week 14 and lost. Sure, it was AJM's first action in a real game ... but we still lost.

The Bengals have more overall talent than the Squealers ... but do we have the WILL to win? In order to win playoff games, the will has to be greater than the skill.

We'll all know the answer late Saturday night. GO BENGALS !!!
Reply/Quote
Get fired up.....you want a play-off win......YOU want a play-off win......GET FIRED UP.......GET FIRED UP......GO JUNGLE....GO BENGALS.
Tiger Who Dey

All I can say is that I'm doing my part: I am remaining silent until the game to save every possible decible for the game.  Tongue

Thats why I had to sign on here after 4 months (DJS victim) so at least I could say something without speaking. LOL

EDIT: its too hard to be silent. I decided to change, and only say the words Who Dey.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote