Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals / Chargers Playoff Game
37 years ago! 

Happy anniversary!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
My two brothers went to that game. I'm smarter than my two brothers.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That was a couple months before i turned 16. My Dad and I left out that morning to go to a couple bars (ahhh, the good ole days) to watch the game--where he was going to meet a couple of his buddies. 

I remember, as soon as i stepped out the front door, the moisture in my nose and eyes froze instantly. Then he couldn't get the van started. By the time he finally got it started and we got to the bar, it was right before halftime. So we (they) promptly decided to go to another bar in Latonia that they suspected would be less crowded. 

I don't recall exactly how much of that game i got to see live, but i don't think it was a lot. Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
How can Kenny Anderson not be in the HOF?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 06:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: 37 years ago! 

Happy anniversary!

Thank you. It's all 'bout dem Bengals, boss.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:54 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: How can Kenny Anderson not be in the HOF?

All smack aside I don't know anyone who doesn't agree with that.

He should have been in a long time ago.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 10:17 AM)GMDino Wrote: All smack aside I don't know anyone who doesn't agree with that.

He should have been in a long time ago.

There are a few worthy, in all honesty.  Ken Riley, Anderson, maybe Dillon, Isaac Curtis, perhaps the Ocho, and some newcomers if they keep their game up.....like Atkins, Green, Whitworth, and maybe Willie Anderson.  That said, when you play for a team with little success, and not much exposure, it makes it tough.  At least we have Munoz, and somewhat lay claim to Charlie Joiner. Mellow

Another guy that it is an absolute travesty is not in the Hall is Jim Marshall.

As for the thread.......

Yawn Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 12:02 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: There are a few worthy, in all honesty.  Ken Riley, Anderson, maybe Dillon, Isaac Curtis, perhaps the Ocho, and some newcomers if they keep their game up.....like Atkins, Green, Whitworth, and maybe Willie Anderson.  That said, when you play for a team with little success, and not much exposure, it makes it tough.  At least we have Munoz, and somewhat lay claim to Charlie Joiner. Mellow

Another guy that it is an absolute travesty is not in the Hall is Jim Marshall.

As for the thread.......

Yawn Ninja

Yes, you are absolutely able to claim Joiner.

Contrary to popular belief, the HoF does not induct players as members of a singular team. Nobody is ever asked to choose a team to attribute their enshrinement to, nor does the Hall assign one. Joiner is known to most as a Charger rather than a Bengal, and that was inarguably the team on which he made the greatest impact, but yes, he is technically also a Bengal Hall of Famer.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 12:28 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Contrary to popular belief, the HoF does not induct players as members of a singular team.  Nobody is ever asked  to choose what team to which to attribute their  enshrinement, nor does the Hall assign one.   Joiner is known to most as a charger rather than a Bengal, and most of his make accomplishments occurred there, but yes, you Are definitely able to claim him as a former member of your team who is now in the HoF.

And we will get Terrell Owens.   Yes
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 12:28 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Yes, you are absolutely able to claim Joiner.    

Contrary to popular belief, the HoF does not induct players as members of a singular team.  Nobody is ever asked  to choose what team to which to attribute their  enshrinement, nor does the Hall assign one.   Joiner is known to most as a Charger rather than a Bengal,  and that was inarguably the team on which he made the greatest impact, but yes, he is technically also a Bengal Hall of Famer.

Yes sir, he made his career in the Air Coryell hey day of the Chargers.  Paul Brown traded for Charlie, James Brooks, and other Bengals of note before the days of FA.  His nimrod son chooses to use neither to benefit his team........so here we are.  Cry

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 12:33 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And we will get Terrell Owens.   Yes

Along with the majority of the rest of the league ... LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 12:56 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Along with the majority of the rest of the league ... LOL

.....they can have him. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 06:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: 37 years ago! 

Happy anniversary!

(01-10-2018, 07:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That was a couple months before i turned 16. My Dad and I left out that morning to go to a couple bars (ahhh, the good ole days) to watch the game--where he was going to meet a couple of his buddies. 

I remember, as soon as i stepped out the front door, the moisture in my nose and eyes froze instantly. Then he couldn't get the van started. By the time he finally got it started and we got to the bar, it was right before halftime. So we (they) promptly decided to go to another bar in Latonia that they suspected would be less crowded. 

I don't recall exactly how much of that game i got to see live, but i don't think it was a lot. Big Grin

Man, that brings back memories. I was 14 during the '81 season. My old man had taken me to my first two games ever that year. That playoff game was the 3rd. I remember not wanting to go because it was so damn cold, but it was important to him to have this father and son braving the elements kind of experience.  Even with all the layers I had on, I remember vividly sitting there freezing my ass off and looking at my old man thinking, "this is some damn child abuse shit right here".  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:54 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: How can Kenny Anderson not be in the HOF?

Good question. It's a damn shame he's not in my opinion. 
Reply/Quote