Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Chiefs Predictions
The Chiefs do make a habit of starting out like gang busters and fizzling out by the end of the year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Bumping
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:35 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Marvin will have this team fine tuned and ready to go into Arrowhead on Sunday Night Football ready to kick the Chiefs arse.

Bengals lose 17 - 49

Marvin having this team fine tuned...dude you just made coffee spill out my nose.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 09:05 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Bungles,9 and 7 if they are lucky.Poor coaching,players not in condition,way too many injuries,need to get a new and better conditioning coach,this so called team earns the laughing stock of nfl.They are the worst team all of sports.believe this they are going to let all of us down again.the stoolers will win the division AGAIN.they own this division and until cincy gets out of this afc north they are never going to have a chance.Someone please fire marvin and take ass hole Austin with you.they will go back to pissburg, where he belongs.Tomlin will be his boss and he will like that.Giggles can waddle around in pissburg.Please write letters,fax tweet,e-mail,social media the front office and let them know we want MARVIN out.take the whole staff with you.You so suck marvin lewis,you so suck.Losing to the stoolers is the worse thing you can do.All of us hate the stoolers and you cannot beat them.you SUCK.

Do you have to spew this crap in every thread?   Whatever
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can't see a scenario in which the Bengals win this one. Arrowhead in Prime Time (or anytime) is as tough a place to play as there is in the league. Chiefs coming off a loss. Bengals defense is banged up. Both offenses should have their way, but the Chiefs have more of their way.
Chiefs 34
Bengals 27
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 11:57 AM)Joelist Wrote: Chiefs 56-35. Season over.

Wow. This is a first. Saying 'season over' BEFORE the game's even started. Does this mean you won't be in the Game Day thread now?  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The injuries to our secondary are very concerning.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I'm predicting a win in a probably high-scoring affair.

Merv, for all his faults, doesn't often lose 2 games in a row. I think the team believes they lost the game (not that the Steelers won it) and not because of mental issues or meltdowns, so I see their confidence being almost as high as it would be if they had won the game against Pitt. I expect the defensive line to rebound in a big way causing all kinds of problems for Mahomes.

If I have to put a score on it, I'm going to say 35-31 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Bumping again to the front page of thread.
Reply/Quote
It should at least be very interesting and point out if and how this team is different from the ones of the past couple of years.

Through most of high school we lived in Overland Park, KS, a bedroom community of K.C. and we became Chief's fans. The Bengals came into Arrowhead and upset them there in the first year after we had moved from Connecticut. Three years later we moved again, to Cincinnati, but my oldest sister stayed behind, married, and all of her family are Chief's fans. So, a hugely successful Chief's team that beats the Bengals and everybody else and then do well in the playoffs would be kind of good. At least it ain't Pittsburgh or New England.

There are two ways the Bengals could win. One is if they control the ball and grind out long scoring drives and the other is if Mahomes has a bad game and the Bengals pick him off or cause fumbles. Maybe a third way is if the Chiefs somehow play a crap the bed Bengals style prime time game. One can dream, right?
Reply/Quote
Really, really tough to see this banged up D keeping up with the Chiefs... but I have seen stranger things.

9-6 Bengals Ninja
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
My head says Chiefs 38-28....but screw that, Bengals rebound and win 35-31.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 11:37 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: It should at least be very interesting and point out if and how this team is different from the ones of the past couple of years.

Through most of high school we lived in Overland Park, KS, a bedroom community of K.C. and we became Chief's fans. The Bengals came into Arrowhead and upset them there in the first year after we had moved from Connecticut. Three years later we moved again, to Cincinnati, but my oldest sister stayed behind, married, and all of her family are Chief's fans. So, a hugely successful Chief's team that beats the Bengals and everybody else and then do well in the playoffs would be kind of good. At least it ain't Pittsburgh or New England.

There are two ways the Bengals could win. One is if they control the ball and grind out long scoring drives and the other is if Mahomes has a bad game and the Bengals pick him off or cause fumbles. Maybe a third way is if the Chiefs somehow play a crap the bed Bengals style prime time game. One can dream, right?

Third way.  Chad guarantees the win.  Then some giant white tight end I can't remember the name of scores like an 80yd touchdown down the middle of the field that takes 1:26.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
This has all the makings of a disaster for the orange and black.

1. A QB who makes plays outside the pocket

2. A top TE who can make plays down the field

3. A RB who can rip off chunks of yardage running the ball or catching passes out of the backfield

4. Prime time

5. At Arrowhead

6. They will be “woke” coming off a loss

7. I haven’t even mentioned Tyreek Hill yet

8. Tyreek Hill

Chiefs 38
Bengals 20
Reply/Quote
0-7 on Sunday Night Football (not including the playoffs). Big games on the big stage just aren't our thing. I think it's unrealistic to expect a win against a better team on the road.

Hope they win, but I think the Chiefs take this one 35-17.

5-3 after they bye and time to regroup.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The Chiefs message board doesn't even look at the Bengals as a speed bump.  There's not a prediction thread but there is a circle j about what an awesome loss last night was for them, and how the defense hasn't been invented that can stop them.  There may also be a petition to drop the five year rule on the HoF and making Mahomes the first ever active inductee.

This pretty much guarantees we're gonna win. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 11:42 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Really, really tough to see this banged up D keeping up with the Chiefs... but I have seen stranger things.

Me, too. A really good show, though the 2nd season probably wasn't as good as the first.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 01:34 PM)impactplaya Wrote: cincy always wins a game every year that in which on paper they are out matched.
Bengals 27 Chiefs 24

the chiefs fans are insane and give them all day to get drunk as hell and that place will be crazy.they will be at least 3 false starts and 3 holdings,Dalton will sacked because of Hart 3 times and our d will not do shit. this game is already over and the players know it.Its marvins fault because he hired this dumbass Austin and brought in this lousy HART.W esterman should be starting in place of HART but ass hole cannot figure that out.Phillips should be playing all game as well as number 40.Cody Core should be benched and number 80 needs on the field.I would play number 92--Washingtion from ohio state,Hubbards buddy.He is really good and put the other NT in not billings. I am telling all of you,if they lose this one,its an 8 and 8 season.And all of you already know to go anywhere in the playoffs you have to have HFA WHICH MEANS A 12 AND 4 WINNING SEASON.NOT HAPPENING,EVER,When marvin gets fired and mike steps down we may have a chance after about 10 more years.50 years and counting,laughting team of nfl--always. Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
The one thing I worry about is our health in this one. Looking for a silver lining? KC stinks defensively... last in 1st downs given up.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/position/defense

We get a late FG. 34-33 Bengals
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 01:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Me, too. A really good show, though the 2nd season probably wasn't as good as the first.  Mellow

[Image: Q2o9fkN.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote