* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals - Civil War
The team that doesn't have Jeremy Hill
Reply/Quote
I’ll take 2021
Reply/Quote
I’m not quite ready to say 2021. They did drop a clunker to Andy Dalton already this year and that Bears team is way worse than 2015 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 11:54 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’m not quite ready to say 2021. They did drop a clunker to Andy Dalton already this year and that Bears team is way worse than 2015 Bengals.

Burrow was clearly not 100% yet (we were very lucky to beat Minny). His comfort in the pocket and his mobility have been night and day different the last few weeks. And the OP did say “if fully healthy” which technically Joe was, but he certainly wasn’t back to normal yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I’m as thrilled as anyone about the way this team has played so far, but 2015 would most likely win if they played right now. I think 2021 team will improve and by the playoffs I may have a different answer but don’t see how you could pick 2021 just yet. They could still tank or have a very mediocre end to the season (don’t expect that but could happen). Re-do this poll after the season and I think the answer will be clear.
Reply/Quote
The 'ole adage in the NFL is the QB is the most important player on the field. '21 QB > '15 QB and thus my vote for the '21 - '22 squad.
Reply/Quote
People have very short memories. I get that you’re all in the moment and feeling this team, but the 2015 team was incredible. Super underrated, and this thread is proof of that.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Surprised we haven't compared coaches/coaching staffs. That certainly plays a key part.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 10:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's kind of shocking that so many are saying 2021 would beat the 2015 Bengals.
Perhaps they forgot how good that team was.

2015:
7th in scoring offense
2nd in scoring defense

Before Dalton went down, they were 10-2.

That team, with Dalton, had Green, Eifert, Marvin Jones, Sanu, Bernard, Hill, Whitworth, Boling, Zeitler, Andre Smith, Burfict, Adam Jones, Nelson, Atkins, Dunlap, Michael Johnson, Hall, Iloka.

As much as I've been impressed with the 5-2 start this year, I don't have confidence that the 2021 team could beat the 2015 team (with Dalton at QB).

Prisoners of the moment, and that was 6 years ago. Time and the way that season ended have clouded some of our assessment of how good that team was. On top of that, Joe Burrow had achieved mythical status among a lot of fans before he was even selected by the Bengals.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
This would be a big game, right? Marvin's team would fold then.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 12:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Surprised we haven't compared coaches/coaching staffs. That certainly plays a key part.

I'd take Hue's offensive playcalling over Taylor's.
I'm up in the air with Anarumo and Guenther now though, as their schemes are pretty different.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don't think we've seen what 2021 can do yet. Joe is improving with every games as he shakes off the physical and mental rust of his injury.

Some posters think they're being reasonable by going with 2015, but by the end of this season, I don't think it's a question anymore.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 11:05 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I voted 2021 Bengals primarily because of Joe Burrow  versus Andy Dalton.When the heat is on,and the game is on the line,I’ll take Burrow over Dalton any day.

Not to be negative on Burrow as a whole at all, but he still is a very fresh NFL player and it showed plenty this year alone. Three interceptions in a row against the Bears, starting OT against the Packers with an interception, this is still a bit rookieesque. Not that Dalton did not have his share of ill-advised plays as well, sure, but I'd guess 2015 Dalton would be a bit more mature in such situations.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 01:55 PM)hollodero Wrote: Not to be negative on Burrow as a whole at all, but he still is a very fresh NFL player and it showed plenty this year alone. Three interceptions in a row against the Bears, starting OT against the Packers with an interception, this is still a bit rookieesque. Not that Dalton did not have his share of ill-advised plays as well, sure, but I'd guess 2015 Dalton would be a bit more mature in such situations.

If Dalton chucked 3 interceptions in a row, he'd have been done. Burrow did it, then followed with 2 back to back touchdowns.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 02:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If Dalton chucked 3 interceptions in a row, he'd have been done. Burrow did it, then followed with 2 back to back touchdowns.

Yeah that is probably true. Still, when comparing 2015 Dalton to 2021 Burrow I have to state that 2015 Dalton just did not throw three interceptions in a row in the first place, what imho is a point for him in this virtual battle.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow vs This guy? Really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlIzqROCHVE&ab_channel=SBNationNFL

(Andy on TNF vs Browns)
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 10:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's kind of shocking that so many are saying 2021 would beat the 2015 Bengals.
Perhaps they forgot how good that team was.

2015:
7th in scoring offense
2nd in scoring defense

Before Dalton went down, they were 10-2.

That team, with Dalton, had Green, Eifert, Marvin Jones, Sanu, Bernard, Hill, Whitworth, Boling, Zeitler, Andre Smith, Burfict, Adam Jones, Nelson, Atkins, Dunlap, Michael Johnson, Hall, Iloka.

As much as I've been impressed with the 5-2 start this year, I don't have confidence that the 2021 team could beat the 2015 team (with Dalton at QB).

Right? The recency bias is real. 

That 2015 defense was ELITE. I think the game itself would be epic but I would honestly maybe lean toward the 2015 team winning. They were just such a solid damn team, both offensively and defensively. 

The real question is who would win - the 2005 or 2015 team?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 02:18 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Joe Burrow vs This guy?   Really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlIzqROCHVE&ab_channel=SBNationNFL

(Andy on TNF vs Browns)

Yeah that was ridiculously awful, a really bad day. Imho it would be a bit unfair to judge Dalton solely on that game though, especially since that was distinctly not the year 2015 Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 12:08 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The 'ole adage in the NFL is the QB is the most important player on the field. '21 QB > '15 QB and thus my vote for the '21 - '22 squad.

'15 Andy ranked higher (2nd) in passer rating than '21 Burrow (5th).
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 02:16 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah that is probably true. Still, when comparing 2015 Dalton to 2021 Burrow I have to state that 2015 Dalton just did not throw three interceptions in a row in the first place, what imho is a point for him in this virtual battle.

It takes a special type of fan to brag about a game we lost because or QB threw 3 picks.
Reply/Quote