Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Claim 2 on waivers
(09-01-2021, 03:36 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: I am hoping for Ben Braden who was cut by packers.

Me too. I meant to post his name yesterday in the players cut thread.  when I saw he had been cut.  No ol or wr claimed yet which I find interesting.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 01:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Who?

I can't see how these guys would make the roster over any of the DL or DBs the Bengals already have.

I tried to look them up. McCould looks like he was the odd man out in a talented buffalo secondary. But some of his college highlights included special teams plays so I suspect that played a big factor. Wyatt Ray I don't know too much about other than I guess he was having a good camo with the Titans and he's not a rookie. I was hoping they'd get Quincy Roche but I saw he got claimed by the Giants 
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 01:44 PM)Synric Wrote: No wide receiver... bla.

He is on nobody's radar but the Titans just released Dez Fitzpatrick and I believe he is a diamond in the rough. 

Louisville forced the ball to Atwell last year forgetting about Dez who is a very solid WR imo and worth a shot. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The final WR and final DB are usually special team contributors, if anything, so they are somewhat interchangeable.

But mostly I agree with others on the forum that we just aren’t finished with our moves yet.

I think Irwin or Thomas will be back… once IR designations are completed. But given the chance that they are both poached, the team must think that Trent Taylor (now on PS) is serviceable for the final WR or they will simply run DB heavy for the purpose of special teams, and be thinner at WR, until they find a better option. The choices of who to cut were probably calculated (as best as possible) to optimize their intentions for the final roster after IR designation, which is probably based heavily on Special teams. I am somewhat comfortable with this if it has input from coach Simmons. But these choices are all about 3rd string and beyond, which are the epitome of JAG on most NFL teams.

The choice for the extra DE is more puzzling as it implies some persistent uncertainty in our current group or an undisclosed issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 08:37 PM)maclanta Wrote: The final WR and final DB are usually special team contributors, if anything, so they are somewhat interchangeable.

But mostly I agree with others on the forum that we just aren’t finished with our moves yet.

I think Irwin or Thomas will be back… once IR designations are completed.  But given the chance that they are both poached, the team must think that Trent Taylor (now on PS) is serviceable for the final WR or they will simply run DB heavy for the purpose of special teams, and be thinner at WR, until they find a better option. The choices of who to cut were probably calculated (as best as possible) to optimize their intentions for the final roster after IR designation, which is probably based heavily on Special teams. I am somewhat comfortable with this if it has input from coach Simmons. But these choices are all about 3rd string and beyond, which are the epitome of JAG on most NFL teams.

The choice for the extra DE is more puzzling as it implies some persistent uncertainty in our current group or an undisclosed issue.

Stanley Morgan is that role.
They really need a WR with more offensive potential to be the 5th WR.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Which will probably be either the return of Thomas or Irwin, but at worst Trent Taylor or someone poached from another teams PS.

Or the oddball possibility that Pooka Williams is still in the process of being converted to WR and has been intentionally hid from game action to accomplish his conversion Ninja

Reply/Quote
I think will be fine. Evans can play slot if need be.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 01:37 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Per Tom Pelissero

Nick McCloud, DB, via Buffalo
Wyatt Ray, DE, via Tennessee

Nick McCloud's Pro Day results.  He was an UDFA out of Notre Damn.  

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/what-nick-mccloud-s-impressive-pro-day-means-for-his-nfl-draft-stock
Reply/Quote