Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Contacted About 9th Pick
Who knows if this turns into anything come draft day, but thought it was worth passing along.  Indy drafts 15th while the Redskins draft 17th.

https://twitter.com/Morgan_Epstein/status/839218247530598402
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't hate it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
To me, it's gotta be a draft day trade. I gotta see what happens in front of me.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Taco Charlton, Here we come!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Who is the person reporting this? I'm struggling to find this report very credible right now.
Reply/Quote
Would love it if we traded down and got either Hassan Reddick, Solomon Thomas, Taco or Walker.

John Ross of course as well if he is there.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 07:14 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Who is the person reporting this? I'm struggling to find this report very credible right now.

No idea. No one in Draft Twitter knows who he is.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Bryan Patteronia's alt
Reply/Quote
Probably a Mikey Brown alt trying to deflect fans from his dismal free agent contract offerings.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm officially reporting that Bengals have had talks about acquiring Aaron Rodgers, J.J. Watt, Julio Jones, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Donald, Tyron Smith, and Khalil Mack.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 08:05 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I'm officially reporting that Bengals have had talks about acquiring Aaron Rodgers, J.J. Watt, Julio Jones, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Donald, Tyron Smith, and Khalil Mack.

Who is this PikesPeakUC person reporting this? I'm struggling to find this report very credible right now.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 06:36 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Taco Charlton, Here we come!!!!!

Wouldn't mind this.  I wouldn't mind the trade down either - but I'd hope that they'd trade back up into the second or third(scary) so that they don't wind up drafting and cutting a bunch of players that weren't the cream of the crop.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 08:30 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Who is this PikesPeakUC person reporting this? I'm struggling to find this report very credible right now.

How dare you. My word is solid. I have 218 rep points, dangit.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 07:26 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: No idea. No one in Draft Twitter knows who he is.

Haha yeah got a little trigger happy posting this before checking the source. Saw it retweeted by Joe Goodberry who posts a lot of good Bengals stuff. Probably another case of fake news.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 08:58 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Haha yeah got a little trigger happy posting this before checking the source. Saw it retweeted by Joe Goodberry who posts a lot of good Bengals stuff. Probably another case of fake news.

It happens. It's hard to parse what's real and what's not out there. I think you're kind of like all of us as far as excitement for the draft and the rumors that come with it. Honestly, I hope it's real. I don't see a discernible difference between the talent at 9 and the talent in the middle of the draft.  
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 08:58 PM)NKYRob Wrote: Haha yeah got a little trigger happy posting this before checking the source. Saw it retweeted by Joe Goodberry who posts a lot of good Bengals stuff. Probably another case of fake news.

Been there, trust me lol
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 10:07 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Been there, trust me lol

Lol. I think that's all of us around draft time.
Reply/Quote
I'd prefer we trade up than down.

We have plenty of picks. Unless we start packaging those late round picks to move up in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
Reply/Quote
Redskins have to jump Buffalo to get Watson. Might as well spend some of those 49er picks to do it.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 06:27 PM)McC Wrote: To me, it's gotta be a draft day trade.  I gotta see what happens in front of me.

Exactly...with rumors swirling about Johnathan Allen sliding, etc, and the fact that Soloman Thomas would make such a great pick for us...

I look at it this way:  Everyone is saying the QBs won't go in the top 10, but there are only so many Romos to go around.  I would bet there is an early run on QBs.  No one saw Ponder, Locker, and Gabbert all being drafted so early a few years back and I don't think anyone thought Bortles was going to go #3 overall.

Maybe I am just being a hopeful Bengals fan because if there is an early run on QBs, that could push an Allen, Hooker, or Thomas down to us at 9 and I wouldn't move then for a second rounder. 
Reply/Quote