Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Could Target Kyle Rudolph!
(03-01-2021, 10:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Targets overall have been down last two year so not sure if he has lost a step or by design with more passes to WR.. he has been very healthy over the last 6 years  with starting in 92 of 96 games.. which is very impressive at the TE position.. i think for the right price would be a great 3 year signing and free up our draft even more to focus on Oline  and other Def  positions...
That's what I'm saying.  It's tough for me to believe that he just dropped out of relevance.
(03-01-2021, 10:30 PM)jason Wrote: Irv Smith Jr had 5 TDs last season. More receptions and yards than Rudolph too. A few years ago Kyle was getting like 800 yards a season. He's definitely dropping off.

Not necessarily.  Was his production down due to Rudolph's play or because of the Vikings play calling or because Cousins wasn't looking his way?
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 10:38 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's what I'm saying.  It's tough for me to believe that he just dropped out of relevance.

Not necessarily.  Was his production down due to Rudolph's play or because of the Vikings play calling or because Cousins wasn't looking his way?

I dunno... In my original post I pointed out there could be a lot of reasons for his decline. I watched all of zero Vikings games last season too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 10:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Targets overall have been down last two year so not sure if he has lost a step or by design with more passes to WR.. he has been very healthy over the last 6 years  with starting in 92 of 96 games.. which is very impressive at the TE position.. i think for the right price would be a great 3 year signing and free up our draft even more to focus on Oline  and other Def  positions...

Likely lost a step, but also the team passed less (probably due to a healthier Dalvin Cook).

The last two years the Vikings have been 27th and 30th in pass attempts and 8th and 4th in rushing attempts.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 09:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And the year before that? 

Rudolph... 8 catches...51 yds....5 td
Sample...0 catches...0 yds...0 td

Rudolph has 37 career redzone TDs. He was averaging 4 a year before last year. Sample and Uzomah have 9 combined TDs from any distance in 8 total seasons worth of play.

Who cares about the year before last?

He was 31 years old last year and his production had dropped of dramatically BEFORE he had a season ending foot injury.

I'll agree to sign him when you come up with a time machine so that we can have the 2019 version of Kyle Rudolph.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 12:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who cares about the year before last?

He was 31 years old last year and his production had dropped of dramatically BEFORE he had a season ending foot injury.

I'll agree to sign him when you come up with a time machine so that we can have the 2019 version of Kyle Rudolph.

"Who cares about the year before last?"
Anyone reasonable who wants to grasp pre-existing norms and examine consistently displayed skillsets.

Or do you also think that Joe Mixon is going to be just pure garbage in 2021? 428 rushing yards at 3.6 yards per carry in 2020. Who care about the year before last? His production had dropped off dramatically BEFORE he had a season ending foot injury.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 12:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: "Who cares about the year before last?"
Anyone reasonable who wants to grasp pre-existing norms and examine consistently displayed skillsets.

Or do you also think that Joe Mixon is going to be just pure garbage in 2021? 428 rushing yards at 3.6 yards per carry in 2020. Who care about the year before last? His production had dropped off dramatically BEFORE he had a season ending foot injury.

Mixon is 24 and was on pace for a career high in yards from scrimmage before getting injured.

Rudolph is 31 and over his last 28 games he had averaged fewer yards per game (25.0) than he had since his rookies season a decade ago.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 06:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: PLEASE DO!  

This is per StripeHype, and purely speculation, but it makes PERFECT SENSE!

I'll be so pissed if we don't at least make a play for him, especially with Burrow coming off injury, a shaky line (probably), and Rudolph being the perfect safety valve.

Bring him home!  Let him end his career in his hometown!

This would be an INCREDIBLE signing because, even if he's 32, he's still a PERFECT fit for Burrow and the Bengals!

Might be better to get a young TE so him a burrow can have years together.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 01:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Might be better to get a young TE so him a burrow can have years together.

Good point, so sign Rudolph for two years, draft a guy, and let him learn from Rudolph while also getting some valuable playing time in two-TE sets and when Rudolph needs a breather! Two-TE sets us the best way to beat the 3-4 defenses in the division, so it’s a win-win!
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 01:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Might be better to get a young TE so him a burrow can have years together

that is why I want to draft a Oline man early so Burrow can have a longer time with them.. I see TE as more secondary area so i be ok to sign a veteran if $$ is rightt
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 05:01 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: that is why I want to draft a Oline man early so Burrow can have a longer time with them.. I see TE as more secondary area so i be ok to sign a veteran if $$ is rightt

right OL gotta gel together with themselves...

Qbs and Receives need time throwing to each other to really gel.

No real wrong ways to go.   a TE that can also FB would be good to have again as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mixon is 24 and was on pace for a career high in yards from scrimmage before getting injured.

Rudolph is 31 and over his last 28 games he had averaged fewer yards per game (25.0) than he had since his rookies season a decade ago.

Gronk is also 31, retired and missed 2019 then posted 623 yards and 7 TDs. 

It is certainly worth bringing Rudolph in on a lower level contract. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Vikings officially cut Rudoplh

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 08:47 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Pass. Guy is overrated. Rather get Hunter Henry.

(02-28-2021, 10:43 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Hunter Henry would be siiiiick

Yep. Dude can ball!

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mixon is 24 and was on pace for a career high in yards from scrimmage before getting injured.

Yup. I’ve watched a lot of Vikings games living close to the cities. He has definitely dropped off. Totally disappears in games (as your stats back up).

He’s just a name at this point. He’ll likely get a decent contract based on name recognition only. Not a good return on what we’d invest in him dollar wise (IMO). Rather get someone younger.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 09:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And the year before that? 

Rudolph... 8 catches...51 yds....5 td
Sample...0 catches...0 yds...0 td

Rudolph has 37 career redzone TDs. He was averaging 4 a year before last year. Sample and Uzomah have 9 combined TDs from any distance in 8 total seasons worth of play.

Yes, Rudolph is a better Red Zone option than anyone we have right now no question.

I am for cutting Uzomah and bringing in Rudolph, he will be cheap unlike Henry.
Reply/Quote

I'll be so pissed if we don't at least make a play for him, especially with Burrow coming off injury, a shaky line (probably), and Rudolph being the perfect safety valve.

This would be an INCREDIBLE signing because, even if he's 32, he's still a PERFECT fit for Burrow and the Bengals!

That's a no from me, dawg. /randy jackson voice

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 12:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who cares about the year before last?

Make it 2016 and you have a deal. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Im taking my son to his (Rudolph's) football camp here in Minnesota in July. Ill be rocking my color rush 9 jersey for sure! Shows the character of the guy who announced his 10th straight camp is still happening here despite being a cap casualty.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 08:09 PM)Blazer7051 Wrote: Im taking my son to his (Rudolph's) football camp here in Minnesota in July. Ill be rocking my color rush 9 jersey for sure! Shows the character of the guy who announced his 10th straight camp is still happening here despite being a cap casualty.

Nothing at all wrong with that.  Many guys are still able to pass on their knowledge and understanding of humans and athletic technique, long after their own physical abilities deteriorate.  So, not really unusual that Rudolph would continue his camp.  Also wouldn't be surprised to see him enter the coaching ranks, one day.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote