Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals Could Win AFC North This Weekend
If Steelers beat Ravens in their rival game, and Bengals beat Bills, then Bengals win AFC North.

If that happens, Bengals have to consider benching starters against Ravens the last week to rest up for play-offs, as Bengals benched starters end of last year against Browns and went Super Bowl. It depends how much chance they have of getting the #1 seed and the bye week at that point.

It would be nice if Bengals and Ravens don't beat each others brains in and injure themselves too much for play-offs as these end of season Bengals vs Steelers wars have done. The AFC North has a bad habit of beating up on each other so much, none of them are healthy going into the play-offs.

So it would be nice if Bengals clinch the AFC North Championship before the last regular season game of Baltimore. The Ravens and Bengals wouldn't have to injure each other the last week of season. Example was Bengals vs Steelers last game of 2014, and they injured each other so much, neither Bengals or Steelers had a chance of winning in round one of play-offs. Colts beat Bengals 2nd string easy. Steelers 2nd string was spanked just as bad
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals win this week I wouldn't rest the starters vs Ravens. Seeding is huge. If we win out, we're worst 2nd seed. Playing easier opponents would be way better. If the Chiefs lose to the Broncos or Raiders (divisional opponents always have a chance) we could have a first round bye and have an easier divisional round. I really don't care about the AFCN title anymore. Let's go win the AFC and get the championship we almost got last year. We've got the most well rounded team in the league, and arguably the best QB in the league.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For sure this Monday night game against the Bills is going to be interesting.Just glad Bengals are playing at home.
Reply/Quote
It's not that big a stretch the Steelers beating Ravens. They always play them tough. And the Ravens haven't been playing well at all lately.
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals should try to win both games. Not a fan of sitting out or playing 2nd string.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:03 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If the Bengals win this week I wouldn't rest the starters vs Ravens. Seeding is huge. If we win out, we're worst 2nd seed. Playing easier opponents would be way better. If the Chiefs lose to the Broncos or Raiders (divisional opponents always have a chance) we could have a first round bye and have an easier divisional round. I really don't care about the AFCN title anymore. Let's go win the AFC and get the championship we almost got last year. We've got the most well rounded team in the league, and arguably the best QB in the league.

I agree. If the Bengals beat Bill and Bengals have beat Chiefs, then a win over Baltimore makes Bengals the #1 team in AFC of bye week AND home field advantage through play-offs.  Not so much weaker teams, there are no weak teams in play-offs.  The Bye Week and all teams having to come to THE JUNGLE.  As in 1981 and 1988.  

Still, it would be nice for a Bengals win and a Ravens loss to Steelers this week.  Also, what if Chiefs and Bills lose out of Top Seed before Bengals & Ravens kick off.  That probably won't happen.  What if Ravens can't win AFC North, and they decide to rest players for play-offs, and that could happen.   It would be nice to clinch AFC NORTH CHAMPIONSHIP a week before the Baltimore game....GO BENGALS and yikes, Go Steelers. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The difference between this year and last year. The final game meant the difference between 3rd or 4th seeds. Either way they were hosting week 1 and going on the road week 2. I guess there's an outside shot #3 seed could host week 2, but that would have required KC to lose to Pitt

The difference is playing for 2nd or 3rd means you're guaranteed to stay at home until the AFC Championship game.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
#1 seed avoids playing two of (Bengals, Chiefs, Bills) + the bye.

There is really no scenario where Bengals should be resting players this year.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 08:46 PM)kevin Wrote: If Steelers beat Ravens in their rival game, and Bengals beat Bills, then Bengals win AFC North.

If that happens, Bengals have to consider benching starters against Ravens the last week to rest up for play-offs, as Bengals benched starters end of last year against Browns and went Super Bowl. It depends how much chance they have of getting the #1 seed and the bye week at that point.

It would be nice if Bengals and Ravens don't beat each others brains in and injure themselves too much for play-offs as these end of season Bengals vs Steelers wars have done. The AFC North has a bad habit of beating up on each other so much, none of them are healthy going into the play-offs.

So it would be nice if Bengals clinch the AFC North Championship before the last regular season game of Baltimore. The Ravens and Bengals wouldn't have to injure each other the last week of season. Example was Bengals vs Steelers last game of 2014, and they injured each other so much, neither Bengals or Steelers had a chance of winning in round one of play-offs. Colts beat Bengals 2nd string easy. Steelers 2nd string was spanked just as bad

I disagree strongly. You’d own the head to head with Buffalo and getting them again very likely. We want them in PBS. KC not likely to lose. But the possibility of playing the Bills and KC on the road back to back is pretty tough
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
0% chance the bengals rest starters with a chance for a #1 or #2 seed in play. Literally 0.
Reply/Quote
Yup. Big difference between 2nd and 3rd seed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I refuse to cheer for the Steelers to win. I would rather the Steelers lose, get their losing season, and then the Bengals just embarrass the Ravens next week for the division. Can you imagine how extra intolerable Steelers fans will be if they somehow scratch out a winning season this year?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:50 PM)Helldog Wrote: 0% chance the bengals rest starters with a chance for a #1 or #2 seed in play. Literally 0.

Besides beating the Bills and KC 3 straight finally gets us the respect we deserved for going to the SB… finally
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
If Bengals do clinch the division next week, there is still great motivation to win the last game against the Ravens.

Yes, it would be great to be able to rest players in the final game. But, I don't see a scenario where that can happen if the Bengals value having home games in the playoffs.

If they beat Buffalo on MNF, then they can't lose the last game without risking losing what they gained on MNF. Because if the Bengals win the division next weekend, then they surely will not have the Bengals-Ravens game moved to Sunday evening, so they would have no way of knowing whether Buffalo or KC win before they play against the Ravens.

Resting the players is important, and it was great they could do that last year, but I would think the potential of playing at home in the playoffs takes priority.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I refuse to cheer for the Steelers to win. I would rather the Steelers lose, get their losing season, and then the Bengals just embarrass the Ravens next week for the division. Can you imagine how extra intolerable Steelers fans will be if they somehow scratch out a winning season this year?

Effin' A!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'd root for the national implementation of Sharia law before even considering rooting for Shittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
As much as I hate the Steelers. I’m trying to play the long game and just look at it like if they win they win as every win they have lowers their draft pick next year.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 08:46 PM)kevin Wrote: If Steelers beat Ravens in their rival game, and Bengals beat Bills, then Bengals win AFC North.

If that happens, Bengals have to consider benching starters against Ravens the last week to rest up for play-offs, as Bengals benched starters end of last year against Browns and went Super Bowl. 

Seriously?  No.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:03 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: If the Bengals win this week I wouldn't rest the starters vs Ravens. Seeding is huge. If we win out, we're worst 2nd seed. Playing easier opponents would be way better. If the Chiefs lose to the Broncos or Raiders (divisional opponents always have a chance) we could have a first round bye and have an easier divisional round. I really don't care about the AFCN title anymore. Let's go win the AFC and get the championship we almost got last year. We've got the most well rounded team in the league, and arguably the best QB in the league.

Yes sir Brownshoe. If there is any chance, we can get the 1 seed or the 2 seed we should play our starters against the Rats.

Gives our guy's rest and we play at home against weaker opponents. Anything can happen in the Playoffs. 

Take every advantage you can get.

(12-26-2022, 09:12 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: For sure this Monday night game against the Bills is going to be interesting. Just glad Bengals are playing at home.

Being at home is huge in this one.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:47 PM)QueenCity Wrote: #1 seed avoids playing two of (Bengals, Chiefs, Bills) + the bye.  

There is really no scenario where Bengals should be resting players this year.

THIS!!!!  Nothing else makes sense.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote