Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals Could Win AFC North This Weekend
(12-26-2022, 10:42 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I'd root for the national implementation of Sharia law before even considering rooting for Shittsburgh.
Not even if the Bengals needed them to win to get into the playoffs?   I never root for Pittsburgh to win .... UNLESS it helps the Bengals. If a Pittsburgh win benefits the Bengals, I'm hoping for a Steelers' win. Whatever helps the Bengals, I'll do, even if I have to hold my nose.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 08:46 PM)kevin Wrote: If Steelers beat Ravens in their rival game, and Bengals beat Bills, then Bengals win AFC North.

If that happens, Bengals have to consider benching starters against Ravens the last week to rest up for play-offs, as Bengals benched starters end of last year against Browns and went Super Bowl.  It depends how much chance they have of getting the #1 seed and the bye week at that point.  

It would be nice if Bengals and Ravens don't beat each others brains in and injure themselves too much for play-offs as these end of season Bengals vs Steelers wars have done. The AFC North has a bad habit of beating up on each other so much, none of them are healthy going into the play-offs.  

So it would be nice if Bengals clinch the AFC North Championship before the last regular season game of Baltimore. The Ravens and Bengals wouldn't have to injure each other the last week of season.  Example was Bengals vs Steelers last game of 2014, and they injured each other so much, neither Bengals or Steelers had a chance of winning in round one of play-offs. Colts beat Bengals 2nd string easy. Steelers 2nd string was spanked just as bad

If we win Monday (& Baltimore loses) no way we rest guys vs the Ravens. A loss would cost us the #2 seed. I'd much prefer a Bills remach here than in Orchard Park. Plus, we'd still have a chance at the #1. Maybe if a guy is seriously dinged. But not en masse. Burrow will play. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I refuse to cheer for the Steelers to win. I would rather the Steelers lose, get their losing season, and then the Bengals just embarrass the Ravens next week for the division. Can you imagine how extra intolerable Steelers fans will be if they somehow scratch out a winning season this year?

Do we really care though? They are so tiny. They’re itty bitty wittle babies. I can hardly even hear them over the sound of playoff football.

These AFC North rivals are nothing. They are irrelevant. The enemies are bigger now.
Reply/Quote
What a silly thread. Bengals are not resting starters, 0% chance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Even if the Bengals lose against Buffalo and lose the chance at the bye, they need to play their starters against the Ravens or risk losing the one home game. If they beat Buffalo . . . I doubt that the Chiefs lose to the Broncos this week but I'm hoping the Raiders and Maxx Crosby shock the world in week 18 and Cincy sneaks out the #1 seed.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 09:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I refuse to cheer for the Steelers to win. I would rather the Steelers lose, get their losing season, and then the Bengals just embarrass the Ravens next week for the division. Can you imagine how extra intolerable Steelers fans will be if they somehow scratch out a winning season this year?

A Ravens win this weekend would, IMO, guarantee the Bengals don't rest their starters against them as you know Zac would rather go into the playoffs as a divisoin winner than a Wild Card. So, there's that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I want to win the AFC North, but interestingly...we may have a tougher 1st Round Game by winning the division.

The AFC South winner may have a losing record in the 4th Seed.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 10:59 AM)PhilHos Wrote: A Ravens win this weekend would, IMO, guarantee the Bengals don't rest their starters against them as you know Zac would rather go into the playoffs as a divisoin winner than a Wild Card. So, there's that.

Yeah, but a Steelers loss both guarantees them a losing season AND mathematically eliminates them from the playoffs (they actually aren't yet, and a new Tua concussion makes it much more plausible for them). F 'em and their fans. Bengals can still get the 1 seed, which will give them time off anyway.

Also you just know if the Bengals win and get the 2 seed, and the Steelers slither in and get the 7 seed, they're just going to be aiming to hurt our players. They know they have no chance at the SB, so they'll make sure to cheapshot Burrow and Chase to ruin ours as well and the NFL refs will look the other way, as they always have.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If they can't secure the #1 seed, then they have to at least play for the #2 seed. It's likely that whatever team gets the #7 seed will be limping in (Dolphins, Patriots). I'd take my chances against them as opposed to the Ravens and Chargers.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
The nice thing about us playing Monday night is we'll know before kickoff if we are in a "win and win the division" scenario.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:42 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Not even if the Bengals needed them to win to get into the playoffs?   I never root for Pittsburgh to win .... UNLESS it helps the Bengals. If a Pittsburgh win benefits the Bengals, I'm hoping for a Steelers' win. Whatever helps the Bengals, I'll do, even if I have to hold my nose.

Id do it if the steelers only had 4 wins.  But I cant stand the fact that they were dead and buried weeks ago but are still alive somehow.  This happens ever year the steelers have a rough start.  They always find themselves in it till the end.  
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 01:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, but a Steelers loss both guarantees them a losing season AND mathematically eliminates them from the playoffs (they actually aren't yet, and a new Tua concussion makes it much more plausible for them). F 'em and their fans. Bengals can still get the 1 seed, which will give them time off anyway.

Also you just know if the Bengals win and get the 2 seed, and the Steelers slither in and get the 7 seed, they're just going to be aiming to hurt our players. They know they have no chance at the SB, so they'll make sure to cheapshot Burrow and Chase to ruin ours as well and the NFL refs will look the other way, as they always have.

Plus I couldnt stomach the steelers beating the bengals in the playoffs again.  And you know itd be possible considering how well they have played of late.  
Reply/Quote