Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals Don't Quit....That Is Their Best Attribute
OK, another play-off loss....NO. I'm not happy...but Bengals were down 15 to 0 or something like that. They came back and got the lead and then blew it, not because they quit, but some bonehead plays at the end. ....In 2012 this team, was 3-5 and never quit and made the play-offs.....In fact, since this team won 4 games in 2008 and 4 games in 2010, ever since the huge changes in 2011 and on to now, I have seen NO QUIT in this football team. ...That is huge because I remember a game against Buffalo in 2010 when the Bengals quit at half time and Dave Lapham was so upset on the radio that the team just quit. I haven't seen that in this team since 2010. .....So as this team goes forward, thet may have lost another play-off game, but they showed they can play a play-off game close and can fight back in the play-offs.

Look, the Reds are probably going to be real bad in 2016 and the Bengals won't be able to start again fast enough. 5 straight play-offs and there is reason to think the Bengals will be tough in 2016....I like that they don't quit. 6 straight play-offs is hard to do, but I think this team can do just that, their best years ahead of them.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Im glad your proud of them for not quitting. If thats the best you can draw from their shit ending to this season then you hold on to it. But I specifically remember you calling out other members on this board in December for not believing in them to win a playoff game and called this a "Super Bowl defense" and a "Super Bowl that" and negative Nancy's blah blah blah

Maybe your post should say, "Im really proud these guys put their uniforms on all by themselves this year"

BUT the thing you should really carry forward is not giving ANY member on the board next year shit for not believing this team can win a playoff game with Lewis because next year is going to be different.
Reply/Quote
Say it ain't so Kevin! Being positive in the face of adversity when any self respecting Bengals fan should be just crying in their beer and telling the world that Mike Brown is the devil and Marvin just one of his minions? I mean at the least you can do is to blame everything on Pittsburgh and cry about the lack of opportunity to cry some more. THE NERVE!

Just for the record I happen to agree with you, but don't tell anyone. I don't want it getting out that I'm not stewing and pretending that not winning the playoffs is exactly the same as having the nation overrun by evildoers.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 05:50 AM)GodFather Wrote: BUT the thing you should really carry forward is not giving ANY member on the board next year shit for not believing this team can win a playoff game with Lewis because next year is going to be different.

You would have to admit its pretty lame on the gameday thread every week if we are down by 3 in the 1st qtr, many are yelling, "Game over, same ole, same ole" or talking about how bad we suck and the season is over. We do have many fans on this board who give up way too early and too easily. As for Marvin? Well, we have all seen the play it safe coaching style from him with only a 14pt lead going into the 2nd half which has come back to haunt us countless times, so I will give you that one.

Reply/Quote
Still devastated, but will give you that.

This team had no quit in them regardless of the deficit or injuries inflicted all season long.

Could be so proud of them if not for the bonehead ending against our most hated rival and lengthy playoff losing streak.

Would like to choke me a Pac Man.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 05:50 AM)GodFather Wrote: Maybe your post should say, "Im really proud these guys put their uniforms on all by themselves this year"

Well, in fairness to them, did the Bengals get a single uniform/equipment violation fine in 2015?  Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
1.) Taking pride in "not quitting" after a loss, especially a playoff loss, seems like such a loser's mentality. Save the moral victories for the high school kids, who are playing for free and need the life lessons. In a league filled with billionaire owners and millionaire employees, the top 1% of "the 1%", it's results that matter and nothing else.

2.) We were down two possessions in a playoff game (everything on the line, win or go home). Exactly how many teams quit in that situation? Seriously, are the many (if any at all) NFL teams that pack it in when only down two scores? Now the Bills, when they were down 28-3 in the 2nd half, that's a little different. A team coming back from two possessions happens pretty much every single week in this league.

I don't know, it sure seems to me like you guys are reaching for anything to applaud. It's hard for me to take any pride from not quitting. I think after 25 years we're due for a lot more than patting ourselves on the back for moral victories. To each their own though.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 12:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) Taking pride in "not quitting" after a loss, especially a playoff loss, seems like such a loser's mentality. Save the moral victories for the high school kids, who are playing for free and need the life lessons.  In a league filled with billionaire owners and millionaire employees, the top 1% of "the 1%", it's results that matter and nothing else.

2.)  We were down two possessions in a playoff game (everything on the line, win or go home).  Exactly how many teams quit in that situation?  Seriously, are the many (if any at all) NFL teams that pack it in when only down two scores?  Now the Bills, when they were down 28-3 in the 2nd half, that's a little different.  A team coming back from two possessions happens pretty much every single week in this league.

I don't know, it sure seems to me like you guys are reaching for anything to applaud.  It's hard for me to take any pride from not quitting.  I think after 25 years we're due for a lot more than patting ourselves on the back for moral victories.  To each their own though.

Agree with most of this. 

Although it is about all anyone has at this point to keep them from quitting. Because as fans we are down more than 2 scores in playoff success. 

But many of these players can not be held responsible for all 25 years of this. Some of them were not even born 25 years ago.

Yet they do have to be held accountable for this meltdown and it was a bad one.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 12:43 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree with most of this. 

Although it is about all anyone has at this point to keep them from quitting. Because as fans we are down more than 2 scores in playoff success. 

But many of these players can not be held responsible for all 25 years of this. Some of them were not even born 25 years ago.

Yet they do have to be held accountable for this meltdown and it was a bad one.

A score is 20 years. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 12:15 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) Taking pride in "not quitting" after a loss, especially a playoff loss, seems like such a loser's mentality. Save the moral victories for the high school kids, who are playing for free and need the life lessons.  In a league filled with billionaire owners and millionaire employees, the top 1% of "the 1%", it's results that matter and nothing else.

2.)  We were down two possessions in a playoff game (everything on the line, win or go home).  Exactly how many teams quit in that situation?  Seriously, are the many (if any at all) NFL teams that pack it in when only down two scores?  Now the Bills, when they were down 28-3 in the 2nd half, that's a little different.  A team coming back from two possessions happens pretty much every single week in this league.

I don't know, it sure seems to me like you guys are reaching for anything to applaud.  It's hard for me to take any pride from not quitting.  I think after 25 years we're due for a lot more than patting ourselves on the back for moral victories.  To each their own though.

We lost plain and simple I don;t take pride in losing in the playoffs or having to continue to lose in playoffs..... could it have been different with Dalton.. probably but that is the breaks..  but I do take pride in having a fine year, winning the division and making the playoffs and being one of the top teams in the league..  If you don;t take pride in that than really don;t know what to say.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 01:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: A score is 20 years. ThumbsUp

Four score and seven years ago......oops, meant one score and five years ago. 

Better ? .........Then eat a snickers bar. [Image: 4M0fBlK.gif]

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
They quit winning come playoff time
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 01:45 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Four score and seven years ago......oops, meant one score and five years ago. 

Better ? .........Then eat a snickers bar. [Image: 4M0fBlK.gif]

No need for the snickers bar, just thought you'd like to know it's not been 45 years. Lol

Reply/Quote
I'm probably being too negative here, but something has to give, people.

The Bengals are the most talented/best team in the NFL!
The Bengals NEVER QUIT!
The Bengals have amazing coaches!
The Bengals are A+++ at drafting!
The Bengals know how to handle free-agency!

Something has to be wrong with this team! Something! Meh, whatever. As long as we can think back to 2010 or the 90s (if need be) then we can keep fellating ourselves to our one-n-dones that for some reason have ZERO connection to our team itself. Nope, alls well here!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 02:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No need for the snickers bar, just thought you'd like to know it's not been 45 years. Lol

Was only playing around. But I enjoyed the SB runs in 81 and 88.  Wished they would have won obviously. 

Yet still a blast having Bengals SB parties. Down here in Louisville me and my friends had superb Cincinnati themed parties. It was the Striper Bowl to us. Good memories with some great friends some of which who have departed this world. 

Mostly was referencing since the Bengals had actually won a playoff game. 

Still the math was not perfect, my fault and sorry for the error.

But 45 years ago ? What happened in 1971 that was so great ? Maybe you meant over 45 years ago. 

Matters not, silly argument that is detouring away from OP's point.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Oh they had quit. The look on their faces said it all. Then Gio gets knocked out by an illegal hit that wasn't flagged and it finally lights a fire under this team.

I don't know about you, but I'd prefer it not to take our players getting injured to fire them up.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Good football teams typically arent down 15 in the 4th quarter.

Ill take a football team that is good and doesnt even try, than one that just simply "tries", 7/7 days a week.

Be proud of them all you want, but me personally, I want winners.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 10:35 PM)Gohards Wrote: Be proud of them all you want, but me personally, I want winners.

I don't think his "Go Bengals" *waving pom pom's*  thread didn't go exactly as planned! 
Reply/Quote
They lost in the worst way imaginable. They quit playing composed football, lost their cool and then the game. We will be talking about this epic collapse for years, especially if we don't get back to the playoffs next year.

Marvin ' s tolerance for bullshit will always be his downfall.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
As someone from Steeler country who loved to root against the Steelers, I recall Myron Cope saying something with all sincerity that I still say in a mocking tone some 30 years later:

The Steelers didn't lose...they just ran out of time.

So I guess the Bengals didn't lose, they just failed to have the title game when the Bengals and Pats were both 8-0. Nuts to the Panthers, we don't want them in there.
Reply/Quote