Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals Don't Use Franchise Tag In 2023
With the NFL deadline passing on Franchise Tag yesterday, 3-7-2023, Bengals not using it this year.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Should have tagged Mike Nugent for old times sake.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 03:15 PM)kevin Wrote: With the NFL deadline passing on Franchise Tag yesterday, 3-7-2023, Bengals not using it this year.

This is good news
Reply/Quote
Expected. Maybe next year we tag Boyd, but this year there was no reason to tag anyone.
Reply/Quote
Just wake up from your nap Kevin?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 07:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Expected. Maybe next year we tag Boyd, but this year there was no reason to tag anyone.

Heck no on tagging Boyd next year

That WR tag is gonna be insane
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 07:53 PM)Housh Wrote: Heck no on tagging Boyd next year

That WR tag is gonna be insane

Might not tag him either then...
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 07:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Expected. Maybe next year we tag Boyd, but this year there was no reason to tag anyone.

if we tag a WR next year i hope its higgins not Boyd lol
Reply/Quote
Did anybody even expect a player to be tagged this offseason ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 02:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Did anybody even expect a player to be tagged this offseason ?

I think the fair answer is...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 02:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Did anybody even expect a player to be tagged this offseason ?

No we had that discussion in another thread based on this years free agents no one was worth the price associated with the tags
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 03:15 PM)kevin Wrote: With the NFL deadline passing on Franchise Tag yesterday, 3-7-2023, Bengals not using it this year.

tl;dr

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 11:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: if we tag a WR next year i hope its higgins not Boyd lol

I think we extend Tee this year along with Burrow and Logan Wilson so probably won't tag anyone once again next year.

Gone are the days of the Tag maybe?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2023, 03:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think we extend Tee this year along with Burrow and Logan Wilson so probably won't tag anyone once again next year.

Gone are the days of the Tag maybe?

I think so unless you really think your player who you cant get a deal done with is worth top 5 money.
Reply/Quote
I would have tagged Mitchell Wilcox.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 09:14 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I would have tagged Mitchell Wilcox.

This…
Might as well trade Higgins because they are in a full rebuild now that Mitchell is gone.
Reply/Quote
Don't know much about these kind of things but now that it's passed I thought G Pratt would have been a candidate for non-exclusive tag. Going to be disappointed to see him leave, I think he will continue to get better. But I hear he is not a three down player so we must move on. Will we draft a replacement or roll with what we have in house like Davis-Gaither, he is not a three down player either is he?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2023, 05:59 PM)WestCoastBengal Wrote: Don't know much about these kind of things but now that it's passed I thought G Pratt would have been a  candidate for non-exclusive tag. Going to be disappointed to see him leave, I think he will continue to get better. But I hear he is not a three down player so we must move on. Will we draft a replacement or roll with what we have in house like  Davis-Gaither, he is not a three down player either is he?

TAg for Linebacker was $20.926 million   for 1 year       Would you pay this for Pratt's production?

A deal can still be done on better terms
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 07:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Expected. Maybe next year we tag Boyd, but this year there was no reason to tag anyone.

They won't tag Boyd. Would be too expensive. Did you mean Higgins?
Reply/Quote