Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Draft Top 5 1st/2nd round History WR/Oline
Found it interesting to look at our top 5 picks in Bengals History in 1st round and 2nd round to judge how they performed with WR vs. Oline.

WR: 1st: Warrick Green Ross Verser and B. Brooks
2nd: Scott Pickens Johnson Higgins Johnson Collinsworth

What a slam dunk in 2nd round top picks.. I did not know it was this bad in top picks of WR which were all in top 11

Oline: 1st: Johnson, Munoz, Smith Anderson Levi
2nd: Steinbach A. Krevis Bujnoch S. Lawson Fisher

Slam dunk for picking better in 1st round within the 5 picks than 2nd round by far...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's a neat look back in time, even if effectively meaningless right now. This franchise has done a lot of great things in the second round in general:

Higgins, Bates, Mixon, Boyd, Bernard, Dalton, Dunlap, Whitworth, Steinbach, C. Johnson, Dillon, Scott, McGee, Pickens, Woods, Thomas, Esiason, Collinsworth, D. Ross, P. Johnson, Casanova, Bergey
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 07:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Found it interesting to look at our top 5 picks in Bengals History in 1st round and 2nd round to judge how they performed with WR vs. Oline.

WR:  1st:  Warrick Green Ross Verser and B. Brooks
        2nd:  Scott Pickens Johnson Higgins Johnson Collinsworth

What a slam dunk in 2nd round top picks.. I did not know it was this bad in top picks of WR which were all in top 11

Oline:  1st:  Johnson, Munoz, Smith  Anderson Levi
          2nd: Steinbach  A. Krevis  Bujnoch  S. Lawson Fisher

Slam dunk for picking better in 1st round within the 5 picks than 2nd round by far...

This makes me nervous. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
OP literally forgets we drafted Whitworth in the 2nd perhaps the second best LT in Bengals History and a lock to go into the HOF.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 08:49 PM)J24 Wrote: OP literally forgets we drafted Whitworth in the 2nd perhaps the second best LT in Bengals History and a lock to go into the HOF.

That’s where the good offensive lineman start and stop in regards to bengals and offensive lineman outside the first. Go ahead and bang the table for one lmao. Maybe Clint boling also but he never scared nobody and he was at best solid.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 08:49 PM)J24 Wrote: OP literally forgets we drafted Whitworth in the 2nd perhaps the second best LT in Bengals History and a lock to go into the HOF.

I was not subjective.. i took the first 5 picks in each 1/2 round in our history.. Whitworth was i believe 6 or 7th on the 2nd round list
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 09:25 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: That’s where the good offensive lineman start and stop in regards to bengals and offensive lineman outside the first. Go ahead and bang the table for one lmao. Maybe Clint boling also but he never scared nobody and he was at best solid.

Max Montoya would like a word...

Eric Steinbach was a good pick, too.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 07:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Found it interesting to look at our top 5 picks in Bengals History in 1st round and 2nd round to judge how they performed with WR vs. Oline.

WR:  1st:  Warrick Green Ross Verser and B. Brooks
        2nd:  Scott Pickens Johnson Higgins Johnson Collinsworth

Oline:  1st:  Johnson, Munoz, Smith  Anderson Levi
          2nd: Steinbach  A. Krevis  Bujnoch  S. Lawson Fisher

If only there was anything but the thinnest if threads tying this data to 2021.

I dare you to look at QBs. Yikes!
Reply/Quote