Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Fan Survey
The Athletic has a fan survey on the state of the Bengals. You do not have to be a subscriber to respond

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdfYFfumTABluqvTv4wFMtTC655JNivKnz-5W4aHJX-bbj0yg/viewform

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'm waiting for the State of the Team speech..
"We promise you dis, dat and da odder ting !" 

I did participate and I want my damned trophy!  NOW DAMMIT! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thanks for sharing this

It will be interesting to see the results. I think the opinions on the coaching staff will be low for sure.
Reply/Quote
Pretty good survey, though probably 3 questions require an, "Other," selection.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Very interested to see how it shakes out. I think some of the questions are very conditional. Things like, if the Bengals do X/Y/Z, then they can be a SB contender, but if they stay the course they won't. But in general, will be interesting to see the feedback!
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 12:19 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Very interested to see how it shakes out.  I think some of the questions are very conditional.  Things like, if the Bengals do X/Y/Z, then they can be a SB contender, but if they stay the course they won't.  But in general, will be interesting to see the feedback!

right i couldnt answer those yes without knowing more like if they had said will burrow be MVP with bengals and Zach taylor  etc...  So those were all nos with the current coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 01:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: right i couldnt answer those yes without knowing more like if they had said will burrow be MVP with bengals and Zach taylor  etc...  So those were all nos with the current coaching staff.

I suspect since it was a Bengals survey, that the questions concerning Burrow and Taylor questions are assuming any success comes with the Bengals

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 10:32 AM)pally Wrote: The Athletic has a fan survey on the state of the Bengals.  You do not have to be a subscriber to respond

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdfYFfumTABluqvTv4wFMtTC655JNivKnz-5W4aHJX-bbj0yg/viewform

Thanks for posting this.  I enjoyed voicing my opinion.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 07:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks for posting this.  I enjoyed voicing my opinion.

Yeah, I'll second that. Thank you.
Reply/Quote
Are they going to release the results of this survey? I can't see any more details about what it is for or how to see the results.

Fwiw, I would assume they would since it's a publication and not the Bengals PR department. I'll be very curious to see the results.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 07:58 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Are they going to release the results of this survey?  I can't see any more details about what it is for or how to see the results.

Fwiw, I would assume they would since it's a publication and not the Bengals PR department.  I'll be very curious to see the results.

Dehner said the result would be tabulated in a couple of weeks or so...after he returned from vacation

Reply/Quote
I disliked the question about bank routing number and password
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2021, 07:58 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Are they going to release the results of this survey?  I can't see any more details about what it is for or how to see the results.

Fwiw, I would assume they would since it's a publication and not the Bengals PR department.  I'll be very curious to see the results.

Yep
Reply/Quote
I wish there was another selection on final question a bit higher than abysmal. Still need work in scouting and practice facilities and probably a head coach
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
I suspect the results will be.."It's all bad with nothing further to add."
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Customized questions for a losing team, yikes!
Reply/Quote
The results of this are on the athletic. Not sure if anyone knows a way I can post it here. The tables of results wouldn’t copy and paste from my phone. Interesting reading

Link for anyone with subscription

https://theathletic.com/2711561/2021/07/19/bengals-survey-results-joe-burrow-jessie-bates-among-reasons-for-optimism-but-skepticism-lingers/
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2021, 03:32 PM)G man Wrote: The results of this are on the athletic. Not sure if anyone knows a way I can post it here. The tables of results wouldn’t copy and paste from my phone. Interesting reading

Link for anyone with subscription

https://theathletic.com/2711561/2021/07/19/bengals-survey-results-joe-burrow-jessie-bates-among-reasons-for-optimism-but-skepticism-lingers/

Good stuff. Despite the 2nd year of deep free agency and yr2 of Burrow, as well as what was added in the draft, there's still an overwhelming sense of caution and wait-and-see, as opposed to flying off the handle with optimism. A lot of the optimism even dropped slightly back to the caution area from last year to this.

Kind of hard to get a good read on the majority of fans though, with an online poll, and as was pointed out in the comments, the question about "how many games will you attend this year" is going to be skewed if you don't know how able someone is to added due to proximity to the city. 

Still a good and interesting read. I did get quite a chuckle out of the question "strongest position group other than QB", which was 90+ percent WR. PJD said "sometimes you ask a bad question". Big Grin

P.S. I'm not sure if the answers are for subscribers only, which wouldn't make much sense if it was open during the questionaire. Someone should tweet Dehner and ask.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2021, 04:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: P.S. I'm not sure if the answers are for subscribers only, which wouldn't make much sense if it was open during the questionaire. Someone should tweet Dehner and ask.

Probably had it open to non subscribers to get more participation. Sucks I missed this thread and missed my chance. Hopefully someone figures out how to post the questions and results.

Reply/Quote
bummer.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote