Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Fans Ego
Happy Thanksgiving to all of our great fans.

My wife and I celebrate Thanksgiving with our kids, their spouses and our grandkids the Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving yearly, so last night we celebrated. I was shocked an avid Bears fan had no idea we were winless. Then, I discovered 3 other members knew they were having a bad year, no idea winless. So, almost 25% of people attending that live in Cincinnati had no idea we are winless.

So, I am thankful it is not as bad as we think. Some are concerned about going winless because how it makes the fans look, in reality we probably embrace the lack of success far more than others.

Have fun today and be safe.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Happy Thanksgiving
Reply/Quote
One of the unfortunate parts about living in a small town 100 miles north of Cincinnati. Everyone wants to remind you your winless.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2019, 11:49 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: One of the unfortunate parts about living in a small town 100 miles north of Cincinnati. Everyone wants to remind you your winless.

Well bright side is they are either Browns fans or fair weather fans rooting for Steelers who are probably 200+ miles away from your small town.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2019, 11:49 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: One of the unfortunate parts about living in a small town 100 miles north of Cincinnati. Everyone wants to remind you your winless.

Don't feel bad by one I'll have 30ish people all Steelers fans besides my Dad reminding me how bad the Bengals are...Like I didnt already know.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The inbred Brown family has lost the fanbase

Their $$$$$ millions have blinded them to the fact that the people who live in their hometown just dont care about their Bengals anymore

Apathy is worse than love or hate for the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2019, 12:02 PM)Synric Wrote: Don't feel bad by one I'll have 30ish people all Steelers fans besides my Dad reminding me how bad the Bengals are...Like I didnt already know.

In 2019, could be worse, they could be Ravens fans (I think best team in NFL).

Steeler's better hope they don't need a win week #17 against the Ravens to make playoffs. Also, it would not shock me if Browns beat them Sunday, they are playing their 4th string QB so may be interesting. If Browns win, then they have playoff advantage over Steelers beating them head to head twice. Also, Browns play us twice and Steelers are done with us.

Just trying to give you some ammo, yep we suck, but Steelers are not all of that either.

Reply/Quote
We also discussed who we should draft in round 1? Everyone agreed, pass on a QB and draft Chase Young if he is available to start building the DL and OL first. They also said we have Dalton for one year under a team friendly contract so QB is not the priority yet. But, we also agreed if Jalen Hurt was available around pick #28, come back into round 1 and draft him for the future so we get 5 years of a contract versus maximum of 4 years in round 2 or later.

Reply/Quote
My ego has little to nothing to do with the bengals. I don't have one thing to do with whether they win, lose or draw and don't get particularly upset if anyone makes fun of them or cheers them on. While I like it when they win if they lose it doesn't change much for me either way. Call it apathy or whatever you like, but my personal fortunes are not determined by anything Mike Brown or the team in general does or doesn't do. It's like sitting on the sidelines watching to see if a duck loses a feather sometime between winter and summer or craps in the lake.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
As long as the Jets or Giants or Cowboys are bad the national media will not dwell on the misfortunes of the Bengals.

Both NY teams have sucked recently and there is more talk of the "failure" of the 6-5 Cowboys than 0-11 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2019, 01:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: As long as the Jets or Giants or Cowboys are bad the national media will not dwell on the misfortunes of the Bengals.

Both NY teams have sucked recently and there is more talk of the "failure" of the 6-5 Cowboys than 0-11 Bengals.

Funny you mention that since I've made several comments about Mike Brown and the bengals in the comments sections of a few nationally syndicated newspapers and very few people know who Mike Brown is much less the bengals..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2019, 12:55 PM)grampahol Wrote: My ego has little to nothing to do with the bengals. I don't have one thing to do with whether they win, lose or draw and don't get particularly upset if anyone makes fun of them or cheers them on. While I like it when they win if they lose it doesn't change much for me either way. Call it apathy or whatever you like, but my personal fortunes are not determined by anything Mike Brown or the team in general does or doesn't do. It's like sitting on the sidelines watching to see if a duck loses a feather sometime between winter and summer or craps in the lake.. 

ThumbsUp  I agree about Bengals and my ego has no effect win or lose. If it did, I would have changed to Patriot fans many years ago. But some seem very worried if we go 0-16. 

Reply/Quote
You can't have much of an ego and stay true to this clown show..... LOL

Happy turkey day!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I heard the old line "There are 31 NFL teams and the Bengals" on one of those Television Sports shows last week. I think it was ESPN.

It seems the bottom of the barrel is considered the Bengals normal place by many even though they did mention the 5 straight Playoff appearances on that same Show.

Bengal fans may have to attach any Bengal related Ego to the Super Bowl appearance teams, certain Great Bengal players and the one in a million chance the Future will get brighter.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 11:17 AM)depthchart Wrote: .

I heard the old line "There are 31 NFL teams and the Bengals" on one of those Television Sports shows last week. I think it was ESPN.

It seems the bottom of the barrel is considered the Bengals normal place by many even though they did mention the 5 straight Playoff appearances on that same Show.

Bengal fans may have to attach any Bengal related Ego to the Super Bowl appearance teams, certain Great Bengal players and the one in a million chance the Future will get brighter.

Its not even so much about our record as it is about how MB just ignores industry standard practices and procedures.  We aren't nfl level in many aspects and treat things that are or are becoming cost of entry as unnecessary luxuries. 

Other teams do that stuff, we don't. It's like growing up as the only kid in the neighborhood without indoor plumbing because your dad says that it's too fancy. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 12:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Its not even so much about our record as it is about how MB just ignores industry standard practices and procedures.  We aren't nfl level in many aspects and treat things that are or are becoming cost of entry as unnecessary luxuries. 

Other teams do that stuff, we don't. It's like growing up as the only kid in the neighborhood without indoor plumbing because your dad says that it's too fancy. 

Imagine (or better yet try not to imagine) Mike Brown's first exposure to a Bedae Toilet.

He had to have been convinced he leaked a stream on himself yet be puzzled as to how. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2019, 12:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We also discussed who we should draft in round 1? Everyone agreed, pass on a QB and draft Chase Young if he is available to start building the DL and OL first. They also said we have Dalton for one year under a team friendly contract so QB is not the priority yet. But, we also agreed if Jalen Hurt was available around pick #28, come back into round 1 and draft him for the future so we get 5 years of a contract versus maximum of 4 years in round 2 or later.

Yeah, all of the Browns and Steelers fans around here hope that we keep Dalton forever too. They will probably get their wish.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 01:40 PM)HuDey Wrote: Yeah, all of the Browns and Steelers fans around here hope that we keep Dalton forever too. They will probably get their wish.

I'm pretty sure Dalton's record against Cleveland rivals Big Ben's record against us... But I get it; he's an easy target.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 04:21 PM)jason Wrote: I'm pretty sure Dalton's record against Cleveland rivals Big Ben's record against us... But I get it; he's an easy target.

Are you saying that Dalton = Ben or Dalton era Bengals = Dalton era Browns ?
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 05:30 PM)HuDey Wrote: Are you saying that Dalton = Ben or Dalton era Bengals = Dalton era Browns ?

I'm saying Andy Dalton has generally beat the brakes off the Browns. Just like Ben Roethlisberger has done to us.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote