Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Front Seven
I read this from Bengals.com and an ear-to-ear grin crossed my face:

"Although he'll be in a limited role, it marks the first time the front seven from the No. 3 defense in 2013 has been re-united with a healthy Geno Atkins[Image: icon-article-link.gif] and the return of Michael Johnson[Image: icon-article-link.gif] up front."

I realize Burfict will not be playing a ton of snaps this game, but moving forward this reminded me of the synergy that the defense had in 2013.  They lost Geno at this point in 2013, and they had other injuries down the stretch of that season.  I like the secondary more now with the way Iloka, Kirkpatrick, and Dennard are contributing.

Health will undoubtedly be a huge factor in determining the success of this year's club, but I believe this defense is capable of holding any team to under 20 points.  That includes the Pats. 

I can't remember a regular season game where I have been more excited. 

WHO DEY!!!!!!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes!!! Burfict will take the defense to the next level - Dominating!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I read this from Bengals.com and an ear-to-ear grin crossed my face:

"Although he'll be in a limited role, it marks the first time the front seven from the No. 3 defense in 2013 has been re-united with a healthy Geno Atkins[Image: icon-article-link.gif] and the return of Michael Johnson[Image: icon-article-link.gif] up front."

I realize Burfict will not be playing a ton of snaps this game, but moving forward this reminded me of the synergy that the defense had in 2013.  They lost Geno at this point in 2013, and they had other injuries down the stretch of that season.  I like the secondary more now with the way Iloka, Kirkpatrick, and Dennard are contributing.

Health will undoubtedly be a huge factor in determining the success of this year's club, but I believe this defense is capable of holding any team to under 20 points.  That includes the Pats. 

WHO DEY!!!!!!!

...................................................................................................................................................
Agree completely and am stoked for todays shredding of the curtain.

Hopefully Bengals have paid their injury dues the last few years and the injury gods will be kinder to them this year giving them a chance at post season success.. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:37 AM)M.W. Wrote: Yes!!! Burfict will take the defense to the next level - Dominating!

All I ask is that he helps shore up the D against the run.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I read this from Bengals.com and an ear-to-ear grin crossed my face:

WHO DEY!!!!!!!

That seems farfetched at this point for any team. If we still had Zimmer, I would maybe side with you. With Paulie, I'm not so sure. The talent is there tho, that is for certain.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 12:00 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: All I ask is that he helps shore up the D against the run.

I think that is all it will take to make the D dominating.  The pass rush is good and the secondary is good, the D just needs to stop the run better.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 12:35 PM)M.W. Wrote: I think that is all it will take to make the D dominating.  The pass rush is good and the secondary is good, the D just needs to stop the run better.

Right,

We've got to somewhat limit Bell today. I'm so hoping Burfict can help in that regard today !
Reply/Quote
Not getting my hopes up about Burfict. Do I think he will make this team better? No doubt. Do I think he will be back to the Burfict we all know and love? Maybe. I'm guessing that will take some time though.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 12:00 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: All I ask is that he helps shore up the D against the run.

This.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 12:17 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That seems farfetched at this point for any team. If we still had Zimmer, I would maybe side with you. With Paulie, I'm not so sure. The talent is there tho, that is for certain.

Well, they just held putzburg to 10 points....at home.  Wink  
Reply/Quote
Quote: I like the secondary more now with the way Iloka, Kirkpatrick, and Dennard are contributing

Not me. I think DRE is AWFUL and good teams in the playoffs will expose him and SCORCH him
Reply/Quote
I'm glad they ended up taking Kirkpatrick off Brown. I had blood shooting out of my ears.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:11 PM)Whacked Wrote: Not me. I think DRE is AWFUL and good teams in the playoffs will expose him and SCORCH him

I wouldn't say awful, but I haven't seen the guy that picked off Manning twice last year as of yet.  I'm hoping he gets here soon.

Thank God they have drafted DBs like Dre, Dennard, and Iloka....Hall is looking really old and slow out there. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:15 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I wouldn't say awful, but I haven't seen the guy that picked off Manning twice last year as of yet.  I'm hoping he gets here soon.

Thank God they have drafted DBs like Dre, Dennard, and Iloka....Hall is looking really old and slow out there

I thought he looked great today, sans the Brown TD.  But on that TD, the play design prevented him from ever having a chance.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:15 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I wouldn't say awful, but I haven't seen the guy that picked off Manning twice last year as of yet.  I'm hoping he gets here soon.

Thank God they have drafted DBs like Dre, Dennard, and Iloka....Hall is looking really old and slow out there. 

Really? Hall had a great game today. I've been hard on him before but he was way better than Dre out there.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hall had a SOLID game!
Reply/Quote

You must have watched a different game, Hall played well
Reply/Quote
Too bad that only lasted one drive because of the injury to Maualuga.

I never even saw him get injured.  I hope Vinny didn't Tanya Harding his calf to get back on the field...
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 08:28 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Really? Hall had a great game today. I've been hard on him before but he was way better than Dre out there.

Hall is the nickel corner / safety for a reason dude. he did well but he needed to.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 12:35 PM)M.W. Wrote: I think that is all it will take to make the D dominating.  The pass rush is good and the secondary is good, the D just needs to stop the run better.

Retooling the LB corps will help a lot.
Reply/Quote