Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Bengals Get Many Trade Offers Before Friday Night
Bengals will take Burrow, but after Thursday Picks a QB will be there that some teams want bad at start of 2. Also some teams may be interested in Dalton after Bengals pick Burrow. A team wanting Dalton and whoever they covet at pick 33, but for that a team has to sweeten the pot for Bengals by some good picks such as their 2 and maybe their 3 and maybe more.

I'm not saying Bengals trade out of 33. There may be somebody there Friday Morning that Bengals want bad Friday Night. I am saying Bengals will get some very tempting offers. There will be a QB that some team wants bad at 33. Or the idea of getting Dalton and taking a top RB or whoever at 33.

The Bengals will get some offers for 33, that you can count on.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Best case scenario would be if Love falls out of 1st round. Somebody will give up some pick (or picks) of value to move up. If it an OT that falls out of first round (Jones, Jackson, Wilson, etc), Bengals should probably stay put and take him.
Reply/Quote
I think most people aiming for the second wave of QBs these days are trading up into the end of Round 1, not the start of Round 2. Mostly because of that 5th year option.

Teddy Bridgewater and Lamar Jackson were both 32nd overall picks for teams that traded up to get them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 12:59 AM)kevin Wrote: Bengals will take Burrow, but after Thursday Picks a QB will be there that some teams want bad at start of 2.  Also some teams may be interested in Dalton after Bengals pick Burrow.  A team wanting Dalton and whoever they covet at pick 33,  but for that a team has to sweeten the pot for Bengals by some good picks such as their 2 and maybe their 3 and maybe more.  

I'm not saying Bengals trade out of 33.  There may be somebody there Friday Morning that Bengals want bad Friday Night.   I am saying Bengals will get some very tempting offers.  There will be a QB that some team wants bad at 33.  Or the idea of getting Dalton and taking a top RB or whoever at 33.  

I would bet on the Bengals trading down from 33 for sure.  And depending on who is available, they could get a lot for it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think you may be right on a QB sliding. I forget where I read it yesterday, but the new CBA makes the 5th year option on 1st picks not as advantageous. I guess it's worth closer to the franchise tag. We may not see as many trades into the late 1st. QB may be the main exception as the teams will still want the add'l year of control.

I'm just rooting for a lot of RBs, CBs, DL, S, and possibly QBs to go in the first. I want as many OTs, WRs, and LBs as possible to slide to 33 for either the trade down or an outstanding value pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 12:59 AM)kevin Wrote: Bengals will take Burrow, but after Thursday Picks a QB will be there that some teams want bad at start of 2.  Also some teams may be interested in Dalton after Bengals pick Burrow.  A team wanting Dalton and whoever they covet at pick 33,  but for that a team has to sweeten the pot for Bengals by some good picks such as their 2 and maybe their 3 and maybe more.  

I'm not saying Bengals trade out of 33.  There may be somebody there Friday Morning that Bengals want bad Friday Night.   I am saying Bengals will get some very tempting offers.  There will be a QB that some team wants bad at 33.  Or the idea of getting Dalton and taking a top RB or whoever at 33.  

I looked into this back in February in this thread. History suggests there won't be QB desperate teams and the offers will be more of the "hey, how about 33 for 48 and next year's 5th" variety

If a team covets Love or Fromm aren't they going to trade up to the back of the first to take them so as to get the 5th year option e.g. like Ravens for Lamar Jackson in 2018, Vikings for Bridgewater in 2014, Redskins for Patrick Ramsey in 2002? All taken with the 32nd pick.

Since 2000 the 33rd pick has only been traded 4 times and never for a QB.

One was the previous year before they knew it was the 33rd, one was trading up into the first leaving just two teams trading up for the 33rd.

2017 Browns moved up from 33rd to 29th for Ndjoku

2015 Giants traded up from 40 to 33 for Landon Collins (cost them 108th and 245th)

2010 the Patriots received a 2011 2nd round pick from Carolina that turned out to be the 33rd

2007 Cardinals moved up from 38 to 33rd for Alan Branch (the Raiders received the 105th)

I'd suggest the QB needy teams will have already been speaking to SF with the 31st pick (they also have the 13th but no more picks until the 5th round so are prime candidates to trade back) and Kansas City with the 32nd pick (only 5 picks)
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are obviously in a very strong position in this draft.They have the upper hand.I just hope they use it wisely.Pick 33 is going to be very interesting to see what unfolds there.I hope they go for quality and not quantity.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 09:37 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: The Bengals are obviously in a very strong position in this draft.They have the upper hand.I just hope they use it wisely.Pick 33 is going to be very interesting to see what unfolds there.I hope they go for quality and not quantity.

Zac Taylor gave a hint yesterday what they will do. He said the draft is rich with quality Olinemen. Coincidentally the a Bengals need a few.
So I expect they will be eager buyers of extra Friday/Saturday picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 09:48 AM)bengals1969 Wrote: Zac Taylor gave a hint yesterday what they will do.  He said the draft is rich with quality Olinemen.  Coincidentally the a Bengals need a few.

I hope they get at least one and hopefully two quality OLinemen.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It is all going to depend on who falls and which teams want to dance

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Also, Indy picks at 34 and it's their first choice. They need a QB. So if Love falls to rd2 other teams will know they have to leap ahead of Indy for him.

OR, and this is my dream scenario, Mims or Queen fall out of rd 1 along with Love, and Indy believing we may trade out offers a day 3 pick just to swap picks.... we get our first round dropper AND a trade down. Dreaming, I know. 
Reply/Quote
I'm sort of hoping there is a "whoa factor" about some player who was thought to go high in round 1, but ends up falling to pick 33. The Bengals then swoop him up and get applauded for an awesome grab.
Reply/Quote
You just never really know..there may be a bidding war for the 33rd pick although I sort of doubt it'll be a huge one, but just imagine if there was and all 31 other teams go out of their collective minds and the Bengals end up getting like 20 additional picks out of it.. That might make it kind of interesting..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I’d like to see the bengals sit tight, do their homework and get the best LB, OL, WR available at 33.

Alternatively, if someone really wants it, I’d be willing to send it away for a lower pick, 2nd Round, 45th overall, and a quality player (OJ Howard).

Or send 33 and Dalton to Jags for Round 3, pick 9 (No. 73 overall) and Yannick Ngakoue. The salaries kind of wash out. I don’t think dalton alone can fetch a 3rd round pick, but 33 for ngakoue doesnt intrigue me.

With a rookie scale QB, you can take higher contracts elsewhere for 2-3 years.

I guess one last scenario, although highly unlikely, would be 33 for Trent Williams and 66 overall, but I don’t like that.

I also don’t think this is possible, but would dalton and 33 be enough to move up to 23. New England?

23 - 760 pts
33 - 580 pts

180 pts is valued at a mid third round pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 10:52 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I’d like to see the bengals sit tight, do their homework and get the best LB, OL, WR available at 33.  

Alternatively, if someone really wants it, I’d be willing to send it away for a lower pick, 2nd Round, 45th overall, and a quality player (OJ Howard).

Or send 33 and Dalton to Jags for Round 3, pick 9 (No. 73 overall) and Yannick Ngakoue.  The salaries kind of wash out. I don’t think dalton alone can fetch a 3rd round pick, but 33 for ngakoue doesnt intrigue me.  

With a rookie scale QB, you can take higher contracts elsewhere for 2-3 years.

I guess one last scenario, although highly unlikely, would be 33 for Trent Williams and 66 overall, but I don’t like that.  

I also don’t think this is possible, but would dalton and 33 be enough to move up to 23. New England?

23 - 760 pts
33 - 580 pts

180 pts is valued at a mid third round pick.

The Bengals have as much flexibility and opportunity as a team could want going into tonight.  No way to predict what they do from where we sit.  But I wouldn't be surprised if they have had talks with teams on possible trades at #33 and #65.
Reply/Quote
The Dolphins' trade offers have been rejected!

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/04/bengals-reject-dolphins-draft-trade

Quote:The Dolphins have called the Bengals on multiple occasions to inquire on the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, Adam Schefter of ESPN.com tweets. The Bengals told the Dolphins “in no uncertain terms” that they would not give up the top choice.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 01:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Dolphins' trade offers have been rejected!

New article on Profootballtalk about Miami trying to trade up to #3 w/o giving up their 5th pick. They'd then try to package those picks along with others to make another attempt at #1. Crazy!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/23/dolphins-want-to-get-no-3-and-no-5-in-effort-to-get-to-no-1/
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 01:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Dolphins' trade offers have been rejected!

Then theres this..

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/23/dolphins-want-to-get-no-3-and-no-5-in-effort-to-get-to-no-1/

Dolphins want to get No. 3 and No. 5 in effort to get to No. 1

Posted by Mike Florio on April 23, 2020, 12:00 PM EDT

[Image: GettyImages-860904796-e1587657451418.jpg...316&crop=1]

Getty Images

The Dolphins aren’t trying to get the third overall pick from the Lions without giving up the fifth overall pick in order to make two picks in the top five. Instead, the Dolphins believe that a potential Godfather offer to the Bengals for the first overall pick would be even harder to refuse if the Dolphins offer both No. 3 and No. 5 as part of the package.

Per a league source, that’s the primary purpose of the Miami effort to finagle No. 3 from Detroit.

If the Dolphins pull it off, the Bengals would then have to ask themselves whether they’d rather have quarterback Joe Burrow or, for example, the best tackle on the board at No. 3 and either quarterback Justin Herbert or quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, plus whatever else Miami would be offering.

Of course, it won’t matter if the Dolphins can’t squeeze No. 3 from the Lions without giving up No. 5. But if the Dolphins somehow end up with a pair to top-five picks, don’t be surprised if the next move entails an effort to get to the top of the mountain, via a huge pile of draft picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 09:48 AM)bengals1969 Wrote: Zac Taylor gave a hint yesterday what they will do.  He said the draft is rich with quality Olinemen.  Coincidentally the a Bengals need a few.

If that's the context, that's enough reason to pass on a OL if talent is similar and pick them up in the 3rd. 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 01:13 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Then theres this..

Dolphins want to get No. 3 and No. 5 in effort to get to No. 1

Posted by Mike Florio on April 23, 2020, 12:00 PM EDT

[Image: GettyImages-860904796-e1587657451418.jpg...316&crop=1]

Getty Images

The Dolphins aren’t trying to get the third overall pick from the Lions without giving up the fifth overall pick in order to make two picks in the top five. Instead, the Dolphins believe that a potential Godfather offer to the Bengals for the first overall pick would be even harder to refuse if the Dolphins offer both No. 3 and No. 5 as part of the package.

Per a league source, that’s the primary purpose of the Miami effort to finagle No. 3 from Detroit.

If the Dolphins pull it off, the Bengals would then have to ask themselves whether they’d rather have quarterback Joe Burrow or, for example, the best tackle on the board at No. 3 and either quarterback Justin Herbert or quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, plus whatever else Miami would be offering.

Of course, it won’t matter if the Dolphins can’t squeeze No. 3 from the Lions without giving up No. 5. But if the Dolphins somehow end up with a pair to top-five picks, don’t be surprised if the next move entails an effort to get to the top of the mountain, via a huge pile of draft picks.

You gotta admire Miami's persistence for continuing to try, but I don't think they will be getting Joe Burrow!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote