Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals/Giants trade thought.
Giants looking for WR help this year big time and what if they offered their 1st round #26 for Tyler Boyd? I'm not sure he's worth a first, but i would be all in if they offered! Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
The takes today show that we need to have the draft 1 week after the SB...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 05:55 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Giants looking for WR help this year big time and what if they offered their 1st round #26 for Tyler Boyd? I'm not sure he's worth a first, but i would be all in if they offered! Thoughts?

If they will give 1 for Boyd they will give 10 1's for Tee....

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 05:55 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Giants looking for WR help this year big time and what if they offered their 1st round #26 for Tyler Boyd? I'm not sure he's worth a first, but i would be all in if they offered! Thoughts?

If Mayer fell that far, then hell yes I'd pull the trigger on that!
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 06:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: If Mayer fell that far, then hell yes I'd pull the trigger on that!

We should absolutely positively take a 1st for Boyd regardless of who we draft.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 06:07 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We should absolutely positively take a 1st for Boyd regardless of who we draft.

I agree. That would be amazing value.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 06:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree. That would be amazing value.

We would probably get in some kind of trouble, that is almost stealing and would surpass the highway robbery of BJ Hill for Billy Price.

Reply/Quote
I would be shocked if we could get a first for Boyd, but the WR market is not very strong this year in FA and you never know what a desperate team would offer up for a proven player!

Mayer and Dewand Jones in the first would be dream scenario!
Reply/Quote
No way any team gives up a first round draft pick for Boyd, especially when he is on the last year of his contract.

Having said that I do think we should trade Boyd because it would save 8.89 million in cap space plus we get some sort of draft pick or another player to help the team. I like Boyd, I just think we would be better served getting something of value for him and freeing up cap space. He is a free agent after next season anyway
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 06:37 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: No way any team gives up a first round draft pick for Boyd, especially when he is on the last year of his contract.

Having said that I do think we should trade Boyd because it would save 8.89 million in cap space plus we get some sort of draft pick or another player to help the team.  I like Boyd, I just think we would be better served getting something of value for him and freeing up cap space.  He is a free agent after next season anyway

Personally I don't trade away anyone that can help the Bengals win a Super Bowl next year.  If they can find someone equal then sure.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 06:37 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: No way any team gives up a first round draft pick for Boyd, especially when he is on the last year of his contract.

Having said that I do think we should trade Boyd because it would save 8.89 million in cap space plus we get some sort of draft pick or another player to help the team.  I like Boyd, I just think we would be better served getting something of value for him and freeing up cap space.  He is a free agent after next season anyway

I dunno, Boyd doesn't cost a crazy amount of money nowadays for WRs, and we just saw two offseasons ago when Chiefs traded 31st overall plus 3rd rounder, 4th rounder, and the following year's 5th rounder for Orlando Brown and Ravens' 2nd rounder and following year's 6th rounder.
Brown played on the 5th year option cost in 2021, and then the Chiefs tagged him for this past season.
That's a lot of draft capital to give up for someone in the final year of their contract.

I think conservatively though Boyd would fetch a 3rd rounder, perhaps a 2nd rounder.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 06:24 PM)Tomcat Wrote: I would be shocked if we could get a first for Boyd, but the WR market is not very strong this year in FA and you never know what a desperate team would offer up for a proven player!

Mayer and Dewand Jones in the first would be dream scenario!
Boyd plus our first round pick.

See above.
(02-02-2023, 06:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I dunno, Boyd doesn't cost a crazy amount of money nowadays for WRs, and we just saw two offseasons ago when Chiefs traded 31st overall plus 3rd rounder, 4th rounder, and the following year's 5th rounder for Orlando Brown and Ravens' 2nd rounder and following year's 6th rounder.
Brown played on the 5th year option cost in 2021, and then the Chiefs tagged him for this past season.
That's a lot of draft capital to give up for someone in the final year of their contract.

I think conservatively though Boyd would fetch a 3rd rounder, perhaps a 2nd rounder.

See above.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 07:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Boyd plus our first round pick.
See above.

See above.

What exactly am I "seeing above"?

I see "Boyd plus our 1st round pick."

Are you saying give up Pick #28 and Boyd to get the 25th overall pick (Giants pick 25th)?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If a 1st was offered for Boyd I would accept that without them even finishing the call

But why would anyone offer a 1st instead of just signing him in FA
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 07:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What exactly am I "seeing above"?

I see "Boyd plus our 1st round pick."

Are you saying give up Pick #28 and Boyd to get the 25th overall pick (Giants pick 25th)?

Yes. Maybe an additional later round pick from them.
Reply/Quote
imo Boyd for a 2nd rounder to a team that only needs a slot

Boyd to any other team not in desperate need for a 3rd. Im sure hell have a good market so i dont see him lasting in free agency or going for a 4th or less. Im sure many teams want him and have plans to use him as their guy
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I don't see it. Not a slight against Tyler. That's a lot for one year of control. I'd do it in a heartbeat, though.

If someone wanted Tee at this point, I'd make them pay an insane price. I love him as a player and don't want him to go. That said, given the future of the team an contracts, they need to find a path to extra high draft picks if they can get them.

I'm not a capologist, but I've racked my brain trying to envision a scenario where they can field a team with Burrow, Chase, and Higgins all getting paid the contracts they've earned. It's going to be damn near impossible beyond th most brilliant and lucky draft strategy imaginable. It would take the Bengals out of the outside free agent game basically for the duration of Joe's tenure.

I hate getting rid of any of them, but it's something they have to consider if someone is willing to pay up.
Reply/Quote

CBS Sports Mock shows them selecting Jaxon Smith-Njigba tOSU WR. There’s a lot of WR available normally but maybe not this year. I think that’s wishful thinking.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2023, 07:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yes. Maybe an additional later round pick from them.

No way in hell would I give up Boyd AND 28 to move up 3 spots.
Not even if Bengals got a later pick as well.
Just trade Boyd for a pick straight up.
Bengals don't need to try to get a few picks earlier in the draft.
I know you really want Mayer, but come on.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Tee on the other hand would be a 1st and a second and even after that maybe a 5th

His hands and height are just too valuable.

Just off his season stats alone, thats a 1st rounder. The reason i feel hed be more valuble than just a first is hes not a complainer AT ALL. He never complains about targets. So hes not a head case. Hes TALL with a catch radius. So day 1 you are getting a redzone threat.  Those intangibles add to the price. Then of course his age, adds on. Hes got another big contract in him after this one if he stays the course.

All those intangibles combined make me wanna say a 1st and 2nd rounder.
-Housh
Reply/Quote