Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Got Bye Week Help, Now They Have To Win.
Steelers losing 2 games since Bengals last took the field. This helps our loss to them, but Bengals have to beat Giants to take advantage of the early Christmas gift. Bengals could be in second place which isn't bad for a team 4-4-1, but they have to win. Bengals got by Jets in this same stadium.....Also strange that the Bengals will be playing in this road stadium a second time and only three games in their own stadium so far. They need to pull off the New York Sweep and also win in Prime Time. Lets hope the time off has them ready for this one. Bengals 0-1-1 against NFC East so they need to pick it up against Giants and Eagles if they want to win division. Cowboys beating Steelers was a help. Hopefully Cowboys sweep the AFC North next week in Baltimore......Warning, the only team Cowboys have lost to was Giants in Dallas in week one.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I think that we win today. I think people are very much underestimating our offense. I don't think people have noticed how we have been improving pretty much every week. The offensive line has improved every week, our run game has been improving, our red zone offense has been improving, our #2 and #3 receivers have been improving, and the offensive play calling has been improving. If I thought that our offense from the first few weeks of the season were going to be playing the Giants I would think we would handily lose; but I know that our offense has improved. Just look at the past few games and it should be obvious.

I'm not very worried about the Giants beating the Cowboys week 1. It was Prescotts and Elliotts first game, and they were playing a division rival. It doesn't get any harder on a rookie than that. When the Cowboys play the Giants again I think that they will win, even if it is at the Giants.

I think that this team has a very good chance of winning the division. I thought the division was going to be weak before the season started (and everyone thought I was crazy lol). I think the Bengals can still get 10+ wins even if it sound silly right now. If the defense gets their act together then I honestly don't see another loss on the schedule. I think if we get 9 wins we will win the division, because I don't see any other team getting 10 wins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My only fear heading in to tonight's game is the defense. Will they be so terrified of giving up a big play that the scheme is major cushion, where the DBs play a mile off the LOS (even on 3rd and 3, which makes me want to hurt someone)?

The irony of that scheme is that the WRs make an easy catch, get up to speed, and then the DB has to make an open field tackle after the WR already has a head of steam. Easy 10-15 yeards every time.

I don't want to see them get nickel-and-dimed down the field with no chance of making a play for an INT or a tipped pass, etc. Please, please, please...find your big boy jock and contest all the passes tonight. Eli will get frustrated and force a few that could lead to some turnovers.
Reply/Quote
I have this awful feeling that we will come out playing like uninspired turds tonight. I REALLY want to be wrong though.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 06:14 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I think that we win today. I think people are very much underestimating our offense. I don't think people have noticed how we have been improving pretty much every week. The offensive line has improved every week, our run game has been improving, our red zone offense has been improving, our #2 and #3 receivers have been improving, and the offensive play calling has been improving. If I thought that our offense from the first few weeks of the season were going to be playing the Giants I would think we would handily lose; but I know that our offense has improved. Just look at the past few games and it should be obvious.

Not sure you did this intentionally, yet when I read the first paragraph, all I kept hearing was Trumps voice.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 10:01 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not sure you did this intentionally, yet when I read the first paragraph, all I kept hearing was Trumps voice.

Sorry, I was temporarily possessed by the spirit of Trump when I was writing that first paragraph Ninja Ninja

It wasn't intentional
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 05:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Sorry, I was temporarily possessed by the spirit of Trump when I was writing that first paragraph Ninja Ninja

It wasn't intentional

There are worse politicians you might have been possessed by. Ninja

Reply/Quote