Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Have 2 Players on PFF's Top 75 Free Agents for 2022
PFF just released their Top 75 Free Agent list for the upcoming offseason.
The Bengals have two players who made the list:
11) Jessie Bates
74) BJ Hill

For a detailed list of each player, a summary of the player, and projected contract they'll sign, check out https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-free-agent-rankings-free-agency
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bates will get the tag. Hill and Larry Ogunjobi will be interesting cases. If they don't bring back one of the two, they'll need to find a new under tackle.
Reply/Quote
It was interesting examining the top 10 on this list. Are any of them players the team should go after instead of paying Bates?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:55 PM)samhain Wrote: Bates will get the tag.  Hill and Larry Ogunjobi will be interesting cases.  If they don't bring back one of the two, they'll need to find a new under tackle.

Bates doesn't deserve the tag IMO.  Hill will probably walk because there's young depth at the position unless Hill wants to take a discount to stay.  Ogunjobi he's due for a big raise.  Unlike Bates Ogunjobi bet on himself and won handsomely.  Bates...ehhhh.  Personally, unless he takes what the Bengals offer him I'd let him walk and draft a safety next spring. 
Reply/Quote
I’d still sign Bates if he will take a reasonable deal, unfortunately some team out there will be looking to pay big. If he does leave, we need a safety badly.
Reply/Quote
Some players listed on here of note:
- James Daniels - I remember having him 3rd after Ragnow and Price in the draft because he was much more of a zone fit, and I didn't think the Bengals were a fit for him at the time. He's arguably a better fit now. I'd be fine sticking him at RG (where he currently plays) or having him at C.

- Brian Allen - While it's a smaller sample size, he's done well with the Rams taking over at C after the Rams moved on from Blythe. Taylor should have a bit of familiarity with him too, both being on the Rams in 2018. He might be a good option to replace Hopkins, especially given projected cost.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 04:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Some players listed on here of note:
- James Daniels - I remember having him 3rd after Ragnow and Price in the draft because he was much more of a zone fit, and I didn't think the Bengals were a fit for him at the time. He's arguably a better fit now. I'd be fine sticking him at RG (where he currently plays) or having him at C.

- Brian Allen - While it's a smaller sample size, he's done well with the Rams taking over at C after the Rams moved on from Blythe. Taylor should have a bit of familiarity with him too, both being on the Rams in 2018. He might be a good option to replace Hopkins, especially given projected cost.

Some Inexpensive corners they could go...

Donte Jackson Panthers
Steven Nelson Eagles
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 04:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Some players listed on here of note:

I was in the minority back then, wanted this guy over Price and was never happy they drafted Price ahead of him. You're correct in how he'd fit in here, and it would be at a position that is still in a bit of flux.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: PFF just released their Top 75 Free Agent list for the upcoming offseason.
The Bengals have two players who made the list:
11) Jessie Bates
74) BJ Hill

For a detailed list of each player, a summary of the player, and projected contract they'll sign, check out https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-free-agent-rankings-free-agency

well... I could see the transistion tag... or maybe the franchise tag if he plays closer to last years level down the stretch
Reply/Quote
Justin Reid was off to a great career and then much like his team (Houston) he crashed. I think getting out of there could jump start his career.

Evan Ingram could bring something we currently don't have. His big issue is he make Trae Waynes look like an Ironman.

I was a big James Daniels fan coming out of Iowa
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 03:55 PM)samhain Wrote: Bates will get the tag.  Hill and Larry Ogunjobi will be interesting cases.  If they don't bring back one of the two, they'll need to find a new under tackle.

I personally hope they bring back Hill on a long contract. He has been a consistent performer, whereas Ogunjobi has been more of a big play then quiet player. I'd love to have both of them back but I feel like Ogunjobi is going to ride his sack numbers into a big contract that I hope the Bengals don't offer him.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 07:16 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I personally hope they bring back Hill on a long contract. He has been a consistent performer, whereas Ogunjobi has been more of a big play then quiet player. I'd love to have both of them back but I feel like Ogunjobi is going to ride his sack numbers into a big contract that I hope the Bengals don't offer him.

Hill and Ogunjobi both have 4.5 sacks right now.
With that said, I think Hill's been a better run defender, so I'd choose him over Ogunjobi.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

don't forget that Josh Tupou is also a 2022 free agent so that leaves Reader and Shelvin from the active roster.  There is also Mike Daniels and Rennell Wren on the practice squad.  Rebuilding the depth in this position has to be a priority.  Hopefully, plans include signing some of our own free agents

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 04:14 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Bates doesn't deserve the tag IMO.  Hill will probably walk because there's young depth at the position unless Hill wants to take a discount to stay.  Ogunjobi he's due for a big raise.  Unlike Bates Ogunjobi bet on himself and won handsomely.  Bates...ehhhh.  Personally, unless he takes what the Bengals offer him I'd let him walk and draft a safety next spring. 

He really isn't; boom or bust with nothing in-between, doesn't mean he's due for a big raise.

I'd bring him back on a 3 year deal, with 2 mil more a year than what he makes now and we have a starter UT for the player's prime.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully we just do a good job of signing our own free agents. Then maybe add another piece somewhere else offensive line or linebacker?
Reply/Quote
This team cannot afford to not be aggressive in FA and resigning their own at the end of the year. They must be aggressive while Burrow has two more years left on his rookie deal.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
How is Spain not on the list?

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 11:13 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Hopefully we just do a good job of signing our own free agents. Then maybe add another piece somewhere else offensive line or linebacker?

Agree it all starts with keeping our key pieces in place first and foremost. 

If Bengals keep their core together they will have a chance at filling all their needs via FA and draft and be ready to roll imo.

Could actually see Cincinnati as being an attractive FA destination (for a change) with the squad they're going to have returning. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote