Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Have Never Started 7-0
1975 and 1988 The Bengals started 6-0, those are the best 2 starts.....but Bengals have a chance to set a new record......Setting records is nothing new for this bunch from 2011 on. This group of young draft picks mostly, took a franchise that had never had 3 straight play-off seasons and now has 4 straight play-off seasons and heading to 5 straight......Other records to break : First Play-Off win since 1990 season.....and First Super Bowl Win by this franchise......It's really time this franchise had a team start 7-0, and this is just the team and group of players to make Bengals history yet again. The best team of Bengals in Bengals history, setting and breaking win records.  Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The good news is, starting 7-0 this year would also bring the biggest road win of the year and a locked in, 4-game lead (with tiebreakers) in the AFC North...

We would be in great shape with 4 road wins already and a favorable schedule the rest of the way.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 10:48 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: The good news is, starting 7-0 this year would also bring the biggest road win of the year and a locked in, 4-game lead (with tiebreakers) in the AFC North...

We would be in great shape with 4 road wins already and a favorable schedule the rest of the way.

Home field has meant little in the Cincinnati vs Pittsburg series lately....It seems Steelers win a lot in Cincinnati and Bengals have had big wins in Pittsburg such as knocking Steelers out of play-offs in 2012 at Christmas time. .....That this game is on the road means little because the road team wins a lot in this series. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 10:40 AM)kevin Wrote: 1975 and 1988 The Bengals started 6-0, those are the best 2 starts.....but Bengals have a chance to set a new record......Setting records is nothing new for this bunch from 2011 on. This group of young draft picks mostly, took a franchise that had never had 3 straight play-off seasons and now has 4 straight play-off seasons and heading to 5 straight......Other records to break : First Play-Off win since 1990 season.....and First Super Bowl Win by this franchise......It's really time this franchise had a team start 7-0, and this is just the team and group of players to make Bengals history yet again. The best team of Bengals in Bengals history, setting and breaking win records.  Tiger

Don't forget the team already got it's first win ever in Oakland. A playoff win would be the first since Mike Brown took over the team (which was in 1991). A playoff win in PBS would also be a first.

Still, there's a lot of football left before anyone can proclaim them to be the best Bengals team ever. Don't want the team to think they are done yet. So far they have a 6 win season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
If they are able to win at Pittsburgh, they get Cleveland and Houston at home. They could be looking at a 9-0 start heading into Arizona, which I think is the next big test after the Steelers. The upcoming game against Pittsburgh, Arizona, and Denver at the end of the season should be their biggest tests in my opinion. Basically, we could be looking at a very special season.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 10:48 AM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: The good news is, starting 7-0 this year would also bring the biggest road win of the year and a locked in, 4-game lead (with tiebreakers) in the AFC North...

also put us only 1 road win away this season from dalton having the most all time in a QBs first 5 years
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 10:57 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Don't forget the team already got it's first win ever in Oakland. A playoff win would be the first since Mike Brown took over the team (which was in 1991). A playoff win in PBS would also be a first.

Still, there's a lot of football left before anyone can proclaim them to be the best Bengals team ever. Don't want the team to think they are done yet. So far they have a 6 win season.

These Bengals that have not had the 4-12 seasons or even the 7-9 or 8-8 seasons, these Bengals that are on their way to 5 straight play-off seasons....well, Chad Johnson says the 2005 team was good, but these guys are better.....That is coming from Chad Johnson......This team could be record breakers and earth shakers. 

Most of these guys were rookies in 2011, and just being in the play-offs the first few years was amazing. Many others on this team were still in college in 2011.  In 2015, the 2011 bunch is in their 5th year playing as veterans and taking their game to the next higher level. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 11:06 AM)kevin Wrote: These Bengals that have not had the 4-12 seasons or even the 7-9 or 8-8 seasons, these Bengals that are on their way to 5 straight play-off seasons....well, Chad Johnson says the 2005 team was good, but these guys are better.....That is coming from Chad Johnson......This team could be record breakers and earth shakers. 

You almost wonder if part of it is mental.  These guys expect to be good, they expect good things to happen.  In the past, even when things were going good, I think we all were just waiting for it to end and fall apart.  These guys have never had to experience that so their mentality is very different.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 11:10 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You almost wonder if part of it is mental.  These guys expect to be good, they expect good things to happen.  In the past, even when things were going good, I think we all were just waiting for it to end and fall apart.  These guys have never had to experience that so their mentality is very different.

I also feel that this franchise is way over due to have 7-0...or a play-off win....or a Super Bowl win.....way over due.....and this team that has been up and coming from 2011 on, and a couple players have been on 5 play-off teams in 6 years including 2009....but mostly from 2011 on, this team has been on the rise, a team rebuilt in 2011 that is now putting it all together. ....Other NFL teams have had 7-0 and play-off wins, and it is this franchises time. 

I would say mental has a part in this, because I remember Coach Lewis saying in 2011 and 2012 that this new group of draft picks has bought into the program and doing all the things it takes to win. They are all about winning, bought into the winning. ....There were past Bengal teams that were never on the same page with the coaches, 45 players going 45 different ways, and not a team, and therefore no wins. ....That this team has had the correct mental attitude now since 2011, per the coaches, I agree with you that the mental make-up of this team has a part in it.  I will add that there are teams that would just be happy to make the play-offs in 2015. The Bengals are not one of them. Only the Broncos, Packers, Patriots and Bengals have been in the last 4 play-offs, and the Bengals will not celebrate just getting to the play-offs because they more than anybody want to win in the play-offs and get everybody off their rear ends. That is also a driving force mentally to have them reach down deep in tough games and find the extra energy it takes to succeed. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 11:20 AM)kevin Wrote: I also feel that this franchise is way over due to have 7-0...or a play-off win....or a Super Bowl win.....way over due.....and this team that has been up and coming from 2011 on, and a couple players have been on 5 play-off teams in 6 years including 2009....but mostly from 2011 on, this team has been on the rise, a team rebuilt in 2011 that is now putting it all together. ....Other NFL teams have had 7-0 and play-off wins, and it is this franchises time. 

I think it is mostly the guys that have come after 2011.  That 2009 team barely slid into the playoffs and then got destroyed against the Jets.  That team never really had the feel of a contender (my opinion) and all of those guys knew what it was like to be on losing teams that did not live up to expectations.  Granted they have not had playoff success, but much of the current roster doesn't know what it is like to only win 6-7 games a year and be out of contention by Thanksgiving.  They expect to be successful and that attitude carries over into their play.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 11:32 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I think it is mostly the guys that have come after 2011.  That 2009 team barely slid into the playoffs and then got destroyed against the Jets.  That team never really had the feel of a contender (my opinion) and all of those guys knew what it was like to be on losing teams that did not live up to expectations.  Granted they have not had playoff success, but much of the current roster doesn't know what it is like to only win 6-7 games a year and be out of contention by Thanksgiving.  They expect to be successful and that attitude carries over into their play.

True, and I don't know who was on the team in 2009 off hand....maybe Whit and Peko .....not many though, because the team was rebuilt after the awful 2010 season. ...I like Whit and Peko and they were not the problem in 2010. ...but most of that 2009 team is long gone. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm really hoping that the Chiefs defensive line wakes up and sets some sort of new NFL sacks record against Laundry Jones and leaves the Squeelers so battered and bruised it takes them a full season to recover. It probably won't happen that way, but goddammit I hope it does.
Anyway, even if it doesn't happen I'm feeling pretty good about going 7-0 after the bye. I usually feel a bit skittish about playing the squeels after a bye, but this time is different. By then they'll have some tape on Jones. Squeelers are plain due to lose without Rottenbooger.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Both times, the Bengals lost by six points. First to Pittsburgh in '75, then to New England in '88.

Interesting note about the New England loss: Cincinnati turned over the ball 6 times!

There's your key to success, Bengals' Faithful: ball security after a bye.
Reply/Quote
Slowwwwww down fellas

We got the STOOLERS w Big Ben (will play) next.

We are DEFINTELY the better team ....but these dirty pricks would love to break our hearts and have that X-factor to do so. I can't stand them but let's keep it real.

The triple B's are going to SHRED this D. Lol

Love me some WHO DEY but sadly, not confident at all.
Reply/Quote
This team always breaks records since Dalton is here. We're gonna spank them Steelers.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I would love this team to start 7-0! I never thought that would happen when the season started. I knew the Bengals were going to be good but this is a great feeling. The only thing about playing Pittsburgh that worries me is the mysterious penalties that happen when ever we play them. Phantom blocks in the back, phantom Opi on AJ when he makes a big play...that always seem to only appear when we play that team with the Yellow on their uniforms that the slow people call gold for some unapparent reason!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 02:03 PM)Whacked Wrote: Slowwwwww down fellas

We are DEFINTELY the better team ....but these dirty pricks would love to break our hearts and have that X-factor to do so. I can't stand them but let's keep it real.

Yes, lets keep it real....Bengals are going to beat them and go to 7-0
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 02:03 PM)Whacked Wrote: Slowwwwww down fellas

I highly disagree.

The "triple B's" (what a lame nickname) will be held in check honestly. Our secondary is very good, and Ben will not be very mobile in the pocket, which is the worst thing when Geno Atkins is coming after you.

If there is any Steeler I'm worried about it is Martavius Bryant. Once again, our corners are very good, and while you may not be able to see it, they will provide good coverage against a high caliber receiving group.

Pittsburgh will make some plays, if we have communication errors like against SD and Seattle, but overall we should contain them better than other defenses have.

I think the key thing will be Ben's mobility. If he cannot escape the pocket he will be forced to throw fast, which doesn't really suit his playstyle. We definitely have the advantage.
Reply/Quote
This Pittsburgh team is better than people think keeping themselves in contention while Ben and Bell were hurt.

Believe they will make playoffs and be a legitimate contender if Ben comes back healthy and remains that way.

All that being said. The Bengals are the better team and will get their 7-0 start at Pittsburgh's expense in front of their own home fans.

Just hope steelers do not get off any cheap shots and injure someone crucial when the changing of the guard soaks in.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 10:40 AM)kevin Wrote: 1975 and 1988 The Bengals started 6-0, those are the best 2 starts.....but Bengals have a chance to set a new record......Setting records is nothing new for this bunch from 2011 on. This group of young draft picks mostly, took a franchise that had never had 3 straight play-off seasons and now has 4 straight play-off seasons and heading to 5 straight......Other records to break : First Play-Off win since 1990 season.....and First Super Bowl Win by this franchise......It's really time this franchise had a team start 7-0, and this is just the team and group of players to make Bengals history yet again. The best team of Bengals in Bengals history, setting and breaking win records.  Tiger

Believe me, I am crossing my fingers and saying my prayers about as hard as I can that this team beats those damn steelers.  Tiger
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote