Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Have Rough First Game at Seattle
Couple things here, Jarran Reed was just suspended to open the season which will help out the running game immensely. Other thing is, Taylor saw the Seahawks twice last year. I feel confident his experience game planning for their defense will help us at least put points up. Not sure if we can stop them, but I think we will score.
Reply/Quote
OL will catch a little bit of a break Week 1. Jarran Reed will be out 6 games due to violating the conduct policy. He had 10.5 sacks last year.

This game is actually one of the few I feel good about on the schedule. I don’t expect it to be a perfect game and for the offense to drop 30 on the road, but I think ZT will be prepared for this one. Tough opening road game against a playoff team in a hostile environment. It’ll give us a taste of what to expect from this team.

I do expect a Joe Mixon coming out party for 150ish yards to make a statement to the pundits for severely overlooking him coming into the season.
Reply/Quote
I define win a bit differently for the first few weeks. A win in my mind would be less than 6 false starts, no time outs coming out of commercial breaks and Marvin Lewis not on the sidelines sniffing smelling salts and clapping.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 09:17 AM)kevin Wrote: Teams have a hard time flying up to Seattle. You have extra jet lag.  They don't lose much at home. They have a LOUD crowd which will be fired up for their home opener.  They have a good coach.  I can think of other tough road games, but this is up there.   New Coach and New Dey start with one hard road game where very good teams often lose. On the plus side is Zac Taylor has coached offense against Seattle defense with LA Rams.  Well, they have all training camp and preseason to get ready. GO BENGALS.

Of course that means that the Seahawks are also familiar with a Rams style offense...

Great opener!   I'm psyched to see how we play against them.   They were a good team last year.  And they won 6 out of their last 7 games including wins over the Panthers, the Vikings and the Chiefs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
i expect to see a offensive gameplan to get Mixon
going early. best way to quiet a stadium is to rule TOP.
this oline will still be working out its chemistry and communication
in the passing game.
this might be a slugfest for 60 minutes.
Seattle might take the Bengals lightly.
The Hawks have Wilson and who else on offense?
Lockett isnt a top 15 WR by any means.
they traded their best pass rusher.
the Legion of Boom is a memory.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 10:57 AM)grampahol Wrote: They only won that game because for the first time during a game I went fishing that day. Let's not go giving credit to Andy or the team when I was the only reason they won it.  Hilarious  And by the way, I didn't actually catch anything that day, but I did scare a fish or two...maybe a turtle..

Yep, I remember that very well which has since caused people to ask you to go fishing when we are losing.

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 04:07 PM)impactplaya Wrote: i expect to see a offensive gameplan to get Mixon
going early. best way to quiet a stadium is to rule TOP.
this oline will still be working out its chemistry and communication
in the passing game.
this might be a slugfest for 60 minutes.
Seattle might take the Bengals lightly.
The Hawks have Wilson and who else on offense?
Lockett isnt a top 15 WR by any means.
they traded their best pass rusher.
the Legion of Boom is a memory.

And 10.5 guy suspended. Hopefully Zac can come up with game plan with OC and AD to light up the scoreboard. Hawks also lost their #1 WR to retirement. Lockett is good, but has never been a #1 WR
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I could see it as the Bengals being dismissed, and thus being taken lightly. If that's the case, Seattle could be the one in for a rough home opener.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Hawks will run the ball down our throat and Bengals will have at least four illegal motion penalties or false starts because of crowd noise.

Hart could have three on his own.

Wilson will scramble for at least one TD and throw one to 2 others.

This game is going to be an ugly loss for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 01:06 PM)NKURyan Wrote: ZT should be pretty familiar with the Seahawks and what they like to do, while Seattle won't have any real tape of the Bengals under their new coaching staff. I think that helps.  But on the flip side of that coin, Andy and the offense will have to run this brand new offense in front of one of the loudest crowds in the NFL - communication might be an issue.

Russell Wilson seems like the perfect QB to completely take advantage of our linebacking corp. Could see him dumping off short passes and running all over us all day.

Might have to turn into a bit of a shootout for the Bengals to win, IMO, but hopefully people realize than one loss against a playoff team from a year ago in one of the hardest places to play in the NFL doesn't spell an end to the season, especially with two winnable games (SF and Buffalo) coming right after.

I so hate to break this to all my Bengal brothers and sisters,however I truly believe the stinkin refs will make sure the hawks win by calling terrible penalities against our guys and thus begins the ZT era of how Bengals football truly is.I simply do not trust the refs to be fair.Remember this when we get hammered because of the refs.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 01:07 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Jealous! I bet Seattle's an awesome place to watch a game.

It's a flippin nightmare actually. I've been to quite a few games and other events there and never have been impressed with it. Let's just say, it never made me want to go, "Wow this is awesome!". Parking is nightmare, one way in and one way out. I will give that it has a nice view of downtown, you can't see the 2000 homeless camps from the stadium. I live an hr south of it and can't wait to get past Tacoma. SafeCo is way better of staduim, for you baseball fans. 
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 06:50 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I so hate to break this to all my Bengal brothers and sisters,however I truly believe the stinkin refs will make sure the hawks win by calling terrible penalities against our guys and thus begins the ZT era of how Bengals football truly is.I simply do not trust the refs to be fair.Remember this when we get hammered because of the refs.

This post has me pumped for the game. 
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 02:21 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: SEA has long been rumored to pipe in noise to make it extra loud in there. No idea how true that is, but it wouldn't shock me.

I give us about 3 chances in 10.

I don't believe it's piped in. It's loud, but like any other stadium, half the attendees have no clue what they're yelling for.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 06:50 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I so hate to break this to all my Bengal brothers and sisters,however I truly believe the stinkin refs will make sure the hawks win by calling terrible penalities against our guys and thus begins the ZT era of how Bengals football truly is.I simply do not trust the refs to be fair.Remember this when we get hammered because of the refs.

I gotta figure if the refs are looking to manipulate football games the Cincinnati Bengals and Seattle Seahawks aren't exactly high on their list of teams to focus on.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 12:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Dalton's undefeated against Seattle. One of the few teams who has never won a game he's qb'd.

Plus ZT came form that division and knows them extremely well.

It's a win week 1.

This right here fellas... They're gonna lay a whoopin on the Seahawks.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 04:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: And 10.5 guy suspended. Hopefully Zac can come up with game plan with OC and AD to light up the scoreboard. Hawks also lost their #1 WR to retirement. Lockett is good, but has never been a #1 WR

They have a WR named Moore that they are really excited about there.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
There second best pass rusher from last year behind Frank Clark who is in KC is suspended the first 6 games so that helps. Instead of 10% i give us a 20% chance to win in Seattle on opening day.
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 10:59 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Not sure why you think flying to Seattle is like flying to the moon? No further than San Fran or Oakland......

The Bengals are like the Reds . . . they both suck on the West Coast.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 09:17 AM)kevin Wrote: Teams have a hard time flying up to Seattle. You have extra jet lag.  They don't lose much at home. They have a LOUD crowd which will be fired up for their home opener.  They have a good coach.  I can think of other tough road games, but this is up there.   New Coach and New Dey start with one hard road game where very good teams often lose. On the plus side is Zac Taylor has coached offense against Seattle defense with LA Rams.  Well, they have all training camp and preseason to get ready. GO BENGALS.

This is all very true, but Seattle's defense isn't the same as it has been and they will be seeing ZTs offense for the first time.  It will be interesting to see how they handle what is sure to be a run-heavy offense.  
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 10:26 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is all very true, but Seattle's defense isn't the same as it has been and they will be seeing ZTs offense for the first time.  It will be interesting to see how they handle what is sure to be a run-heavy offense. 

A big question is can the Bengals consistently get a hat on Bobby Wagner.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote